NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep when the siren blows hopefully grand final day one team is going to be very happy. Been very challenging on and off the field. To keep your side fit and motivated is a big factor.

I feel for the teams who have put in a lot of work. Unfortunately that’s life.

Let’s hope a sensible decision is made, top 5.. finals start when allowed.
Common sense isn’t common practice unfortunately

Finals confirmed as long as we get away before September 18 there will be at least a Gf. Crowds or not

So NFNL has released their plan. TBH have done a fantastic job under the circumstances.

Top 4 sides playing finals and West could potentially if we get going next week.

Unfortunately after than it’ll be fixed to a top 4. Unlucky for West but really there aren’t many other options.

HEIDELBERG GOLF CLUB DIVISION 3
August 14 Start (Traditional Top 5 Finals Series)
August 14: Round 17
August 21-22: Qualifying and Elimination Finals
August 28-29: Semi Finals
September 4: Preliminary Final
September 11: Grand Final

August 21 Start (Traditional Top 5 Finals Series)

August 28 Start (Traditional Top 4 Finals Series)

September 4 Start (Knockout Top 4 Finals Series)
September 4-5: Preliminary Finals

September 11 Start (Top 2 Finals Series)

September 18 Start (Top 2 Finals Series)
TBC: Grand Final

Heidelberg West would be hoping we can get started by August 21, otherwise no finals for them

HEIDELBERG GOLF CLUB DIVISION 3
August 14 Start (Traditional Top 5 Finals Series)
August 14: Round 17

August 21 Start (Traditional Top 5 Finals Series)

September 4 Start (Knockout Top 4 Finals Series)
September 4-5: Preliminary Finals

September 11 Start (Top 2 Finals Series)

September 18 Start (Top 2 Finals Series)
TBC: Grand Final

Heidelberg West would be hoping we can get started by August 21, otherwise no finals for them
With lockout looking like getting extended and we are back on the 21st that will mean Morang will have another week off, would you prefer to play or not ?

With lockout looking like getting extended and we are back on the 21st that will mean Morang will have another week off, would you prefer to play or not ?

I think earliest we could start would be the 28th August which would mean Sth Morang vs Laurimar and Kilmore vs Old Eltham. No clubs would have played so straight into it.
August 28-29:
Semi Finals

A number of players listed in the Herald Sun from Division 3 players to watch that are u/21 which was great. How old is Mills from Mernda??? From what I've seen he struggles in Division 3 couldn't see him stepping up to VFL level.
Any truth behind the rumour in circulation that Mernda are doing a Hawthorn/Essendon/Collingwood in a succession plan with Jarrod King to take over from Fletcher in 2023. Obviously his contract must stand because why wouldn't you slot King in straight away like Hawthorn did with Mitchell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A number of players listed in the Herald Sun from Division 3 players to watch that are u/21 which was great. How old is Mills from Mernda??? From what I've seen he struggles in Division 3 couldn't see him stepping up to VFL level.
Any truth behind the rumour in circulation that Mernda are doing a Hawthorn/Essendon/Collingwood in a succession plan with Jarrod King to take over from Fletcher in 2023. Obviously his contract must stand because why wouldn't you slot King in straight away like Hawthorn did with Mitchell.
A contract means nothing. If they want king just bring him in.

Is the Reservior coach actually going there or was that simply a troll?

Hey guys, does anyone know where they were planning on playing the div 3 finals for this season?
The safe bet I'd assume is whittelsea but I can't find anything to confirm.
Cheers

Hey guys, does anyone know where they were planning on playing the div 3 finals for this season?
The safe bet I'd assume is whittelsea but I can't find anything to confirm.
Cheers
Is there any reason why div 3 finals wouldn’t start the same weekend as div 2? I thought it would make sense to push them back as far as possible especially if they are going to start dropping games off if we can’t start next week.

Is there any reason why div 3 finals wouldn’t start the same weekend as div 2? I thought it would make sense to push them back as far as possible especially if they are going to start dropping games off if we can’t start next week.

HEIDELBERG GOLF CLUB DIVISION 3 (Seniors, Reserves and Under-19s)
Finals Format: Traditional Top 5

Let's hope we can start on the weekend of the 21st and 22nd. Qualifying final: Laurimar vs Kilmore Elimination final: Old Eltham vs Heidelberg West

HEIDELBERG GOLF CLUB DIVISION 3 (Seniors, Reserves and Under-19s)
Finals Format: Traditional Top 5

Let's hope we can start on the weekend of the 21st and 22nd. Qualifying final: Laurimar vs Kilmore Elimination final: Old Eltham vs Heidelberg West
I’d give that around a 1% chance of happening. Will be lucky to start prior to September

What do you mean? If we start next week it’s straight to finals...
Div 3 finals start on the 21st, Div 2 & Div 1 with the same finals structure start on the 28th and finish the week prior. With no crowds at any of the games wouldn’t it make sense to start all of the finals as late as possible?

Last edited:
Div 3 finals start on the 21st, Div 2 & Div 1 with the same finals structure start on the 28th and finish the week prior. With no crowds at any of the games wouldn’t it make sense to start all of the finals as last as possible?

I would think the league is hoping crowds (even smaller crowds) would be allowed back.

Also let's the radio show on Plenty Valley FM broadcast all 3 grand finals on radio and live stream (you would hope league would do this for free if there are no crowds allowed)

Div 3 on 11th Sept
Div 1 on 18th Sept
Div 2 on 19th Sept

Not looking promising for finals to resume this week. Wouldn’t be surprised if we fall straight into a GF if we get going. Premiers words weren’t promising this morning

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back