Practice matches this weekend from what I’ve seen
West v Panton hill tonight
Turtles v ivanhoe ammos tonight
Mernda v saints tomorrow
Lalor v richmond central’s tomorrow
kilmore v lancefield tomorrow
Laurimar v old paradians tomorrow

Morang have been awfully quietthis whole off season
Very strange how quite some clubs are on social media.

Practice matches this weekend from what I’ve seen
Turtles v ivanhoe ammos tonight

ALL welcome to come and have a beer and watch some local footy as we host the Turtles at Ivanhoe Park tonight.

Reserves kick off at 6.00pm
Seniors kick off at 8.00pm

Bar and Canteen open (cashless due to covid-safe guidelines)

Cheers, Chump.

I’ll be going to west heidelberg to watch them under lights against Panton hill to see if they have what it takes with all these new recruits

Only watched first quarter of West vs Panton Hill
West kicked 5 goals to Panton Hill nothing, ball movement was quick. Chimenello playing CHB. Looked disciplined and well organised in first quarter
Panton hill certainly struggled, forward line just didn’t function at all. Could be a long year in div 2 for the boys from the hill
Went over to Turtles vs Ivanhoe ammos, turtles kicked 4 to none in first quarter but half way though 2nd quarter were behind by a goal as Ivanhoe banged on 6 goals to 1.
Great lights at Ivanhoe but small ground and lots of congested footy. Couldn’t really get a gauge on the Turtles from that half of footy

Only watched first quarter of West vs Panton Hill
West kicked 5 goals to Panton Hill nothing, ball movement was quick. Chimenello playing CHB. Looked disciplined and well organised in first quarter
Panton hill certainly struggled, forward line just didn’t function at all. Could be a long year in div 2 for the boys from the hill
Went over to Turtles vs Ivanhoe ammos, turtles kicked 4 to none in first quarter but half way though 2nd quarter were behind by a goal as Ivanhoe banged on 6 goals to 1.
Great lights at Ivanhoe but small ground and lots of congested footy. Couldn’t really get a gauge on the Turtles from that half of footy
Was the panton hill the ressies then? They played a six quarter game?

ALL welcome to come and have a beer and watch some local footy as we host the Turtles at Ivanhoe Park tonight.

Reserves kick off at 6.00pm
Seniors kick off at 8.00pm

Bar and Canteen open (cashless due to covid-safe guidelines)

Cheers, Chump.
Do we have a match report Chump? Hope it was a good night

Do we have a match report Chump? Hope it was a good night

Turtles too strong in the Reserves winning buy 4-5 in the end. Jumped out of the blocks and controlled the first half. I think they may have taken a few off in second half to give some more rotations in the seniors due to hot and humid conditions. Hoes won second half to narrow the margin. I’d suggest the turtles Reserves will be thereabouts in season 2021.

in the Seniors, the Turtles again started well and had four Majors on the board before we got a little more organised. We didn’t have a ruckman on the night (injured/unavailable) and as such the Turtles dominated the first quarter out of the middle with good ruck work and connection with their mids.

Second quarter we changed a few things up around the ball to try and break even in there and got on a bit of a roll. The turtles push up from the back half and we had to transition over the top to break the lines and bit more. It gave us a bit more room in what was a good game of contested footy, yet lacked any real flow. It is preseason after all.

Second half a bit of a grind for both teams and became more about running it out and staying in the contest. We were down to two on the bench by half time and cooked by three quarter time, yet credit to the Turtles who ran the game out better IMO.

Booth teams missing a few and it was a first hit out so a little more congested and down on skill execution - as you would expect, especially as guys got tired in the last. Turtles deserved the 16 point victory as controlled 60% of the game And we’re a bit better with the ball use. Young team that will continue to improve in Div 3 me thinks.

Game played in good spirits And if the bar takings are any indication of how to make some coin, we should move to div 3 NFNL next year 😉😂

Thanks fo all the Turtles players, officials and supporters. Good luck in season 2021.

Cheers, Chump.

Turtles too strong in the Reserves winning buy 4-5 in the end. Jumped out of the blocks and controlled the first half. I think they may have taken a few off in second half to give some more rotations in the seniors due to hot and humid conditions. Hoes won second half to narrow the margin. I’d suggest the turtles Reserves will be thereabouts in season 2021.

in the Seniors, the Turtles again started well and had four Majors on the board before we got a little more organised. We didn’t have a ruckman on the night (injured/unavailable) and as such the Turtles dominated the first quarter out of the middle with good ruck work and connection with their mids.

Second quarter we changed a few things up around the ball to try and break even in there and got on a bit of a roll. The turtles push up from the back half and we had to transition over the top to break the lines and bit more. It gave us a bit more room in what was a good game of contested footy, yet lacked any real flow. It is preseason after all.

Second half a bit of a grind for both teams and became more about running it out and staying in the contest. We were down to two on the bench by half time and cooked by three quarter time, yet credit to the Turtles who ran the game out better IMO.

Booth teams missing a few and it was a first hit out so a little more congested and down on skill execution - as you would expect, especially as guys got tired in the last. Turtles deserved the 16 point victory as controlled 60% of the game And we’re a bit better with the ball use. Young team that will continue to improve in Div 3 me thinks.

Game played in good spirits And if the bar takings are any indication of how to make some coin, we should move to div 3 NFNL next year 😉😂

Thanks fo all the Turtles players, officials and supporters. Good luck in season 2021.

Cheers, Chump.
Fantastic write up thanks, sounds like a good hit out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good, solid hitout at Parade today between OPs and Laurimar. Laurimar won both games by about 5-6 goals I'd say. A couple of key targets up forward for Laurimar was probably the key difference. Number 7 was a bit of a handful. We (OPs) are still missing a few due to cricket, threw some players into unfamiliar positions, and had quite a few U19s and new players who were still getting to know each other. Both coaches should be happy with the endeavour, as both teams had a red hot crack for a practice game. I was impressed with our lads and how they threw themselves in, often against bigger bodies.

In the end, just a bit more polish, especially off halfback and those big targets won it for Laurimar. I can't speak for the standard of Div 3 NFL, but from what i saw they looked alright.

I know it’s a practice match but all the hype from Mernda and they can’t dispose of a lower range d3 EDFL side?

I know it’s a practice match but all the hype from Mernda and they can’t dispose of a lower range d3 EDFL side?
It is just the first hit out so can't take to much from it, alot of teams would have had a heap of regular senior players out due to cricket finals.
Any one see the Jacana Demons on 9news last night? Good little segment about local footy and the danger of soft tissue damage after having the year off.
Was good to see a local club get some air time!

It is just the first hit out so can't take to much from it, alot of teams would have had a heap of regular senior players out due to cricket finals.
Any one see the Jacana Demons on 9news last night? Good little segment about local footy and the danger of soft tissue damage after having the year off.
Was good to see a local club get some air time!
How did the other games go over the weekend?

How did the other games go over the weekend?
Haven’t seen panton hill for a number of years so I can’t vouch for who was missing but wh were definitely the better side over the 2 quarters i saw, don’t know if scores were kept. Didnt watch any footy on Saturday but I saw on social that northern Saints squeezed past Mernda. No idea who played for either side.

Haven’t seen panton hill for a number of years so I can’t vouch for who was missing but wh were definitely the better side over the 2 quarters i saw, don’t know if scores were kept. Didnt watch any footy on Saturday but I saw on social that northern Saints squeezed past Mernda. No idea who played for either side.
West won by 2-3 goals both teams missing players by the looks of it but west look promising this year

Please no Byron Boyden McClellan although retired west should have been even with them as without them guys in 2019 PH become mid range. West will be mid table once again with a year of false hope

I’m sure most clubs have big hopes for 2021. Any news out of Lalor or Reza?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back