NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

With the season coming towards an end what coaches have been signed on for the coming year?
Who’s in danger really?

Pretty sure Reservior signed their for 2 years

Lalor apparently have signed theirs already

Fletcher at Mernda surely the only coach in any sort of danger?

Current top 5 coaches all should be safe you’d think

Who’s in danger really?

Pretty sure Reservior signed their for 2 years

Lalor apparently have signed theirs already

Fletcher at Mernda surely the only coach in any sort of danger?

Current top 5 coaches all should be safe you’d think
Why does a coach have to be in danger? All I asked is who has been resigned.

I had a look at the fixture last night and there’s an opportunity for the league to have an even draw now that we’re only going to play 14 games. Each club has 3 teams that they have only played once this year so far. Also an opportunity to give each club 7 home games is there too. The league will never get a better opportunity to make the draw even for everyone than now. It’s whether they will do it is the question.

I had a look at the fixture last night and there’s an opportunity for the league to have an even draw now that we’re only going to play 14 games. Each club has 3 teams that they have only played once this year so far. Also an opportunity to give each club 7 home games is there too. The league will never get a better opportunity to make the draw even for everyone than now. It’s whether they will do it is the question.
If we are allowed 14 games I guarantee it’ll be an even fixture.

If we are allowed 14 games I guarantee it’ll be an even fixture.
Not only that could the league do 1v4 and 2v3 with winners going straight into the granny? Advantage for top 2 would be playing the lower ranked finals teams first up.
Can also mean there is a week in the bank if there are any other fixture changes necessary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enormous news out of HQ

7170620B-4015-473E-85D5-80A9C4861059.png

I've only been sent the screenshot, does anyone know if this is a proposal or a decision??

Doubt it would be public knowledge you’d think

Do you think NFNL would give any VAFA teams a financial incentive (no fees for x number of years) to consider moving across next year to give D3 more teams? Might help get one or two across the line due to the challenges clubs have faced with Covid.
Asking for a friend ;-)

Cheers Chump.

Do you think NFNL would give any VAFA teams a financial incentive (no fees for x number of years) to consider moving across next year to give D3 more teams? Might help get one or two across the line due to the challenges clubs have faced with Covid.
Asking for a friend ;-)

Cheers Chump.
Who knows, worth asking. Ivanhoe still considering the move? Would be great for the NFNL, can’t say anyone I speak to from Banyule, Old Eltham miss the VAFA.

Who knows, worth asking. Ivanhoe still considering the move? Would be great for the NFNL, can’t say anyone I speak to from Banyule, Old Eltham miss the VAFA.

Firstly, I wouldn't say that Ivanhoe as a club is considering it, but as several people currently involved at the club at either committee or player level have been involved with the NFNL previously, informal discussions are always had on what it could look like. We certainly have MANY ex-players playing the NFNL right now across several clubs and they look to be enjoying the competition. (I'm not saying they would come back by the way). Banyule and Old Eltham have made great strides as clubs from the move, off the back of a lot of hard work, but that would be encouraging for other VAFA clubs in the region to consider things. I personally feel it's always worth continuing to explore all options for your footy club and what gives it the best opportunity for not only survival but growth and success. So, if some incentives were in place to support introduction into the NFNL that might be appealing to some clubs and eventually financially strengthen the NFNL even more in the long term.

Chump.

7 team competition in 2022, can't see either of Epping or Fitzroy Stars wanting to drop back to division 3 in 2022. Does this make it harder to attract and recruit players into division 3 only having 7 teams?

It makes this year's finals race even more intriguing as I am sure both Sth Morang and Laurimar with strong junior bases want to get to Division 2 ASAP.

It's been a tough few years for Lalor and Reservoir, I hope they both can survive especially with Covid etc as the league would hate to only have a 6 team competition.

Who would they look at to come into NFNL, these are just clubs that are in and around NFNL

VAFA clubs are playing Division 1-4 which is really 4-7 as they have Premier A,B and C (I haven't listed any teams playing Premier A,B or C) before going to Division 1-4

Old Paradians (vafa)
Old Ivanhoe (vafa)
Ivanhoe (vafa)
Wallan (rdfl)
Templestowe (EFL)
Preston (VAFA)
Fitzroy (vafa)
Parkside (vafa)
Bulleen-Templestowe (vafa)
Latrobe Uni (vafa)
North Brunswick (vafa)
West Brunswick (vafa)
Manningham Cobras (vafa)
Brunswick (vafa)

7 team competition in 2022, can't see either of Epping or Fitzroy Stars wanting to drop back to division 3 in 2022. Does this make it harder to attract and recruit players into division 3 only having 7 teams?

It makes this year's finals race even more intriguing as I am sure both Sth Morang and Laurimar with strong junior bases want to get to Division 2 ASAP.

It's been a tough few years for Lalor and Reservoir, I hope they both can survive especially with Covid etc as the league would hate to only have a 6 team competition.

Who would they look at to come into NFNL, these are just clubs that are in and around NFNL

VAFA clubs are playing Division 1-4 which is really 4-7 as they have Premier A,B and C (I haven't listed any teams playing Premier A,B or C) before going to Division 1-4

Old Paradians (vafa)
Old Ivanhoe (vafa)
Ivanhoe (vafa)
Wallan (rdfl)
Templestowe (EFL)
Preston (VAFA)
Fitzroy (vafa)
Parkside (vafa)
Bulleen-Templestowe (vafa)
Latrobe Uni (vafa)
North Brunswick (vafa)
West Brunswick (vafa)
Manningham Cobras (vafa)
Brunswick (vafa)
Preston, Fitzroy and Old Ivanhoe are all in C or B grade

IMHO, the NFNL should be targeting Ivanhoe & Wallan. Ivanhoe could be getable with some kind of incentives as Chump has alluded to previously. Wallan may not be thinking about a move now, but the RDFL as a whole has been on the nose, they've lost multiple clubs in recent years

IMHO, the NFNL should be targeting Ivanhoe & Wallan. Ivanhoe could be getable with some kind of incentives as Chump has alluded to previously. Wallan may not be thinking about a move now, but the RDFL as a whole has been on the nose, they've lost multiple clubs in recent years

Apology workhorse, I have placed all respective grades the VAFA teams are currently in.

Fitzroy (vafa) Premier B
Preston (VAFA) Premier C
Old Ivanhoe (vafa) Premier C
Brunswick (vafa) Division 1
Old Paradians (vafa) Division 2
Ivanhoe (vafa) Division 2
West Brunswick (vafa) Division 2
Manningham Cobras (vafa) Division 2
Bulleen-Templestowe (vafa) Division 2
Parkside (vafa) Division 3
North Brunswick (vafa) Division 3
Latrobe Uni (vafa) Division 4

Wallan (rdfl) Agree with Wallan, juniors are playing NFNL but not sure they want to come back, netball is a big part of country footy. RDFL currently 9 teams but talk of a few going to Essendon footy league and maybe another one going to AFL outer east, if they lose 2 more teams not sure a 7 club RDFL league survives.

Templestowe (EFL)

What type of incentives would you be talking about? I don’t know of any incentives that Kilmore and the Turtles received when they came into the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back