NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a staggering decision that appears to be based around ego.

The mail I hear is there is a couple of committee members unhappy about the changing of on field leadership with the captain being moved aside for the coaches son in law. The father of the player is the committee member that has gone out of his way to trouble the coach rather than support him.

They must have someone waiting in the wings.
The same person has been this sort of stuff for years, just need to ask the 2 previous coaches.

Are you really “staggered”

I have no idea about their “list” but went backwards from 2019 where they seemed at least competitive. Their best result was 60 point loss to Mernda this year

2019 -
Lalor 30 point loss
Mernda 40 point loss
Turtles 37 point loss
Laurimar 25 point loss

Not terrible results in the scheme of things.
They were actually in front of Laurimar at 3/4 time when they were undefeated.

They must have some money? What was gregson getting to fly from Tasmania weekly

He was coming over for a bag of mixed lollies and the odd can of coke and that's being generous. He wasn't getting paid much more than 3/4 of the team

They have stated a number of times next year will be worse. It's sad to see a club being held to ransom by people who if they left would make everyone happy.

He was coming over for a bag of mixed lollies and the odd can of coke and that's being generous. He wasn't getting paid much more than 3/4 of the team

They have stated a number of times next year will be worse. It's sad to see a club being held to ransom by people who if they left would make everyone happy.
What do you mean if they left they would make everyone happy?

If they feel like that why not let them leave?

Interesting read from the leader with Morang poised to ask to be promoted to div 2. Good on them if so, it would certainly help with retaining there talent.
Well that article just became a tad embarrassing. Begging for promotion off the back of a season that was 60% complete. Lockdown really has messed with a lot of people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting read from the leader with Morang poised to ask to be promoted to div 2. Good on them if so, it would certainly help with retaining there talent.
I don’t think seeing South go to d2 would be all that unfair. Good on them for looking past a potential flag to have a shot at d2. The league has declared it won’t happen though

Reading the Article I really agree with their coach and can see his point. They lost 1 game between Seniors and Ressies. They want a challenge instead of playing the same teams once again. I’m not saying they would have 100% won the flag of course not but I don’t think it’s an unreasonable request.

Last edited:
So in 2017 when Morang finished clearly on top with 15 wins and 1 loss yet Epping were the team that nominated to move up to Div 2 it wasn't an issue for Morang as they wanted to stay down to win a flag which has now not eventuated and may have still not even happened even if we did have an uninterrupted season.

I agree that they were the best team this season to go up and probably deserve to but they also can't pick and choose when they want to go up when they have had opportunities before without winning the flag and then complain about it. They were in much similar position in their senior team with their reserves also finishing equal first that year.

We all know how that season ended up too with Banyule winning the flag and their reserves also out in straight sets so you can also see where the league has come from with their decisions - just because teams have finished first doesnt necessarily translate into winning a grand final and gaining promotion.

So in 2017 when Morang finished clearly on top with 15 wins and 1 loss yet Epping were the team that nominated to move up to Div 2 it wasn't an issue for Morang as they wanted to stay down to win a flag which has now not eventuated and may have still not even happened even if we did have an uninterrupted season.

I agree that they were the best team this season to go up and probably deserve to but they also can't pick and choose when they want to go up when they have had opportunities before without winning the flag and then complain about it. They were in much similar position in their senior team with their reserves also finishing equal first that year.

We all know how that season ended up too with Banyule winning the flag and their reserves also out in straight sets so you can also see where the league has come from with their decisions - just because teams have finished first doesnt necessarily translate into winning a grand final and gaining promotion.
Past is the past but I see their frustration now. Who knows what next season looks like. Laurimar may be better. Turtles, West and Kilmore could all boost their lists again.

Past is the past but I see their frustration now. Who knows what next season looks like. Laurimar may be better. Turtles, West and Kilmore could all boost their lists again.
If morang can't sustain their form over 2 seasons then they never deserved to be in div 2 anyway. Correct result, time to focus on 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back