NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Old fossil I think you don’t know what you are talking about we had one report this year and he cope his suspension on the chin but even that had 2 sides to the story so to say we were fighting every game is totally false maybe you are the grub

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Dont agree that as ex coach you calling people grubs is a good look for future coaching jobs . Yes stick up for your team but to go overboard and name call from an ex coach isnt good.

I certainly have not came across this behaviour in the 3-4 years I have been there or when they have came to Laurimar. They need a deeper sustainable plan that is based around building a set of core values. Too many players come and go each year. Need to hold on to the 5-6 guys of strong character they have and then add 5-6 guys each year. Certainly no quick fix. Good luck
Couldn't agree more. I've seen sides turn things around from worse places and bigger score line differences than what Ressa had in 2021. It takes a lot of work and a long term plan though. For the leagues sake, can only hope those in charge at the club are ready for what is required over the coming years.

Dont agree that as ex coach you calling people grubs is a good look for future coaching jobs . Yes stick up for your team but to go overboard and name call from an ex coach isnt good.

Just ask you are spot on I apologise to old fossil for that remark it’s just frustrating when people have pot shots when the boys behave themselves in a good matter

Just ask you are spot on I apologise to old fossil for that remark it’s just frustrating when people have pot shots when the boys behave themselves in a good matter

No dramas at all , dont have to apologize to me, I hear your frustrations. It again seems Honchos that run clubs have no idea about footy from what you have said, SOme just need to be realistic about the club that they are running and face facts sometimes and seems that some dont like to be told.
Good luck.

Just to add my 2 cents.
Although ressa havnt had the success when you put that aside they are actually pretty decent blokes.
After the game it has always been open arms and enjoyable chats to the players & supporters.

It would be nice to see them being competitive again which as someone noted other clubs have been in darker places and turned it around.
They just have to find there image again and stick to it! Can't always be going through new coaches and a batch of new players each year. Going year to year won't get you far.
Someone there has to take charge and lay out a 5 year plan.
With the right people involved it could be turned around!

For the ex coach, head up mate! Alot of people would have run the other way from that position. So for someone to give it a red hot crack and keep positive throughout the entire year it is full credit to you!

Unfortunately there’s a big chance Reservoir might not be around next year. Only real hope would be to get a coach who can bring a few quality players and although there’s plenty of good people down the club on and off the field it’s still not an attractive option to people when choosing a club to play at. The juniors side of the club is also struggling with I’m pretty sure only a U/14 side this year and with West Preston across the road will be hard to build up juniors again which is now important for all clubs moving forward with the points system. Hope I’m wrong but I think Reservoir will struggle to field two senior sides next year and might take the year off like they did a few years ago.

Unfortunately there’s a big chance Reservoir might not be around next year. Only real hope would be to get a coach who can bring a few quality players and although there’s plenty of good people down the club on and off the field it’s still not an attractive option to people when choosing a club to play at. The juniors side of the club is also struggling with I’m pretty sure only a U/14 side this year and with West Preston across the road will be hard to build up juniors again which is now important for all clubs moving forward with the points system. Hope I’m wrong but I think Reservoir will struggle to field two senior sides next year and might take the year off like they did a few years ago.
Unfortunately from memory reservoir have won 1 game since 2015 premiership were supposed to go up to divvy 2 went broke coach left players left club still fu@$D

I Just thought I would add my two cents worth. 2 of current committee who made the decision wont be there after the next AGM, they have stated they will step aside. So you really need to ask the question why would a club move on a coach knowing that there will be a new committee?
Its about control and unfortunately there are members who continue and are trying to remain on the committee who are well past their use by date. Since 2015 the club has won one game. There have been plenty who have changed on the field but off the field they continue to go through the same backwards process. The constant complaining about lack of players supporting the club this is just an excuse.

Unfortunately you cant breed success when you don't allow change or embrace change. When you challenge change, you get put in the corner and told you don't know what your talking about which is funny when they clearly have no idea.

You only need to go into the club and see the difference's in sponsors Reservoirs vs the Lions O/35s to see how bad and struggling the club really is

Mango out - Now whos got the beers?

I Just thought I would add my two cents worth. 2 of current committee who made the decision wont be there after the next AGM, they have stated they will step aside. So you really need to ask the question why would a club move on a coach knowing that there will be a new committee?
Its about control and unfortunately there are members who continue and are trying to remain on the committee who are well past their use by date. Since 2015 the club has won one game. There have been plenty who have changed on the field but off the field they continue to go through the same backwards process. The constant complaining about lack of players supporting the club this is just an excuse.

Unfortunately you cant breed success when you don't allow change or embrace change. When you challenge change, you get put in the corner and told you don't know what your talking about which is funny when they clearly have no idea.

You only need to go into the club and see the difference's in sponsors Reservoirs vs the Lions O/35s to see how bad and struggling the club really is

Mango out - Now whos got the beers?
Not a terrible question you pose Tangomango. One can only think that there was justification for such a decision. Not knowing the inner workings of the club it's easy to comment from appearances rather than actual facts.
If your mail is correct regarding 2 current committee members not standing again, likely a good thing for the club and an opportunity for new blood to come through. Club is crying out for a strategic thinker with experience from other football clubs!
Must not be much else going on across the league given all the commentary on Ressa - winless season, move on a coach and suddenly they are hot news!

Hearing good things for Heidelberg West supporters. Obviously unlucky to finish where they did at the end of the season with matches missed almost certainties against lower sides. Re-signed a number of key players already, coach re-committed, and hearing not far off landing a big fish!
With likely no promotion due to COVID impacts again this season, it could get very tight up the top and looks like those out of finals contention this year will need to go to another level in 2022 to compete

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decent question, no doubt winning a flag would be great but who knows what next season holds. To many good young players to be playing div 3. Set the bar high, recruit and aim to play div 2 finals. Lost way to many gun players over the years because they have wanted to play a higher standard of footy. They should be given the choice anyway, and only them. Clearly best side in it.
Yep that’s fair enough. South morang have wonderful building blocks for a sustainable division 2 future. Certainly could look at winning games against Watsonia, Fitzroy, PH, Epping at the least.

If they want to go up you’d think the league would allow it

Yep that’s fair enough. South morang have wonderful building blocks for a sustainable division 2 future. Certainly could look at winning games against Watsonia, Fitzroy, PH, Epping at the least.

If they want to go up you’d think the league would allow it

Agree, losing one game across both sides, having an under 19’s and great depth and talent it would appear a no brainer.

The league would only allow someone going up if they had a team willing to go down. Does anyone believe any of the div 2 bottom sides would put there hand up to relegation? Epping or stars?

Just read on the Heraldsun about the Resevoir decision, from what it seems the coach was trying to improve culture, look , professonalism of the club , players which in my opinion is a good idea to a club in that situation but as usual the commitee these days know better.
Where is this said article)

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back