NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

one of the guys at douttas knows e few out that way and he thought it looks like kilmore were loading up for the twos flag i now wonder if goalposts move a bit on the club motivations after that upset win.

No loading up that’s rubbish

Brother is 37 and slowing down so stepped back to coach 2s so the club can get games into young blokes to help the future going fwd there is still marrett and barto in there leading the kids for example, historically it's been a young bloke miss say a Salter for arguments sake who was one of Kilmores best on the weekend and kicked a clutch goal to get them back in front deep in the last qtr.

Chris Jackson has started his own business and his commitment levels have changed

Every other bloke that played on the weekend played 2s last year apart from
Ryan Mcyoung kid coming off missing all of last year thru a pretty nasty injury.

Don’t make it sound like Kilmore have dropped 10 senior players back, that’s just not correct.
Kilmores depth from 10th best to 30th best is incredible that's why 2s are so good.

Seniors are the only team to beat parade and now they have beaten turtles at turtles and are 3 or 4 kicks away from sitting equal 2nd

Lalor 3pts (terrible loss)
Epping under 10pts
Mernda 2pts
Kilmore get over the line in even 2 of those this conversation isn't happening instead you are all talking about kilmore being a surprise packet as Kilmore are sitting where majority in here had them anyway.

No loading up that’s rubbish

Brother is 37 and slowing down so stepped back to coach 2s so the club can get games into young blokes to help the future going fwd there is still marrett and barto in there leading the kids for example, historically it's been a young bloke miss say a Salter for arguments sake who was one of Kilmores best on the weekend and kicked a clutch goal to get them back in front deep in the last qtr.

Chris Jackson has started his own business and his commitment levels have changed

Every other bloke that played on the weekend played 2s last year apart from
Ryan Mcyoung kid coming off missing all of last year thru a pretty nasty injury.

Don’t make it sound like Kilmore have dropped 10 senior players back, that’s just not correct.
Kilmores depth from 10th best to 30th best is incredible that's why 2s are so good.

Seniors are the only team to beat parade and now they have beaten turtles at turtles and are 3 or 4 kicks away from sitting equal 2nd

Lalor 3pts (terrible loss)
Epping under 10pts
Mernda 2pts
Kilmore get over the line in even 2 of those this conversation isn't happening instead you are all talking about kilmore being a surprise packet as Kilmore are sitting where majority in here had them anyway.

think the term used was looks like it wasnt stating it as fact. the guy simply stated it looks like a few better ones are playing twos. putting time into twos is a great way to set up future years expecially when not traditionally fielding thirds as kilmore for whatever reason dont. but is it ok to now ask has by not playing the best actuall 22 footballers minorly impacted the three resultrs mentioned above and potnetially a stronger ladder position.
dont bother me either way and the fact any local club can field a strong twos team suggests there doing plenty right up there. and good on your brother as hes obviousyl very popular and a good coach to have guys wanting to turn up and play for him and the vlub

How was the Fev game? Brainy Tim or anyone else that may have been down there? Stars looked dominant
Was a huge crowd down at the Chicken coop or whatever they call it now 😅

Fev was quiet in the first half with limit opportunities then really came into his own in the second half putting some respectability on scoreboard.

Stars way to strong all day. Did happen to see the last quarter and half of the 2s game and god was that one of the most poorly umpired game i had witnessed in a while there were free kicks galore for both teams which really ruined what was a thrilling game!

There was a few incidents where Fitzroy Stars players were the main culprits a sling tackle which was rightfully carded and reports a Heidelberg West player got his ear bitten by a stars player as he was helping a team mate getting punched up on the ground. which nearly turned quite ugly with the umpires struggling to control the game.

But in saying that i would say was quite a sucess for Heidelberg West on the day Fev did hang around after game to sign things and had a short chat in the main bar/room area.

Few interesting games coming up this week should be a cracker 🔥

Fev was quiet in the first half with limit opportunities then really came into his own in the second half putting some respectability on scoreboard.

Stars way to strong all day. Did happen to see the last quarter and half of the 2s game and god was that one of the most poorly umpired game i had witnessed in a while there were free kicks galore for both teams which really ruined what was a thrilling game!

There was a few incidents where Fitzroy Stars players were the main culprits a sling tackle which was rightfully carded and reports a Heidelberg West player got his ear bitten by a stars player as he was helping a team mate getting punched up on the ground. which nearly turned quite ugly with the umpires struggling to control the game.

But in saying that i would say was quite a sucess for Heidelberg West on the day Fev did hang around after game to sign things and had a short chat in the main bar/room area.

Got there early to make sure I got a good carpark and managed to see a bit of the carry on in the early game. 2 red cards to stars players and a very dangerous tackle by another. Agree it looked like the umps controlling the game couldn’t control it. The bald bloke doubled up in the ones and can’t say it improved much. Some very questionable calls which had me quite confused And unsure on rules myself.
Fev still has it at local level too, was great to see him at this level do his thing!

Biting ears? What…

Biting ears? What…
Yes believe it or not one of West players was destressed and yelling torwards the umpire making aware he had been bitten by the Stars players and instead of anything resolved got red carded aswell as a stars player was yellow carded.

Took about 5 mins for the umpire to regain his authority as he copped some looked like some colourful language from the big stars full forward which he sent back to the goal square. Not sure if these teams have had prior issues with each other in the past if anyone can elighten me?

Yes believe it or not one of West players was destressed and yelling torwards the umpire making aware he had been bitten by the Stars players and instead of anything resolved got red carded aswell as a stars player was yellow carded.

Took about 5 mins for the umpire to regain his authority as he copped some looked like some colourful language from the big stars full forward which he sent back to the goal square. Not sure if these teams have had prior issues with each other in the past if anyone can elighten me?
Is this in the reserves? Or seniors.

Glad someone saw what I saw
Bald umpire was putrid as a neutral supporter he should never umpire again
Shaking hands with Fitzroy players at half time of the reserves and from then on it was all one sided he’s was 100% the reason west 2s lost and given the one sided nature of the seniors a reason the margin was so big in the seniors ( Fitzroy a much better side but west couldn’t do anything right for this umpire to give them a free kick) I hope someone reports that bloke and the nfnl actually take it seriously

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the game. Umpiring was extremely poor and definitely seemed to favour Stars. Some very questionable decisions including a free kick for 6-6-6 which last time I was aware wasn’t a rule in NFNL. When questioned a 50m was awarded. It was actually extraordinary.

Can’t be long heard about mid way.

Rumour is their captain did his ACL first game back after returning from an ACL? Shocking news if true
Horrible news if true and hope it is not the case as hate seeing any players miss through long time injury.

We have a young fella that has done an ACL three times (two x left and 1 x right) so is sitting out all of this year as an 'extra' year to give himself a chance at next year - both mentally and physically.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back