NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't choke in the granny again Fletch, how do you think you will go in Division 2? Or will you take off so you don't see the club fall over like the last two clubs your been at.
Awesome, you're commenting on your own posts, can't get the cheer squad going.

From the Mernda article

“By Lalor (in Round 10), we’ll probably have everyone available bar Billy Morrison and I think he’s back in Round 15.”

Mid July return, gee seems extremely risky. I’m assuming he had surgery in what? October? 9-10 months for a big guy who jumps all day.

Anyway up to the player at the end of the day.

From the Mernda article

“By Lalor (in Round 10), we’ll probably have everyone available bar Billy Morrison and I think he’s back in Round 15.”

Mid July return, gee seems extremely risky. I’m assuming he had surgery in what? October? 9-10 months for a big guy who jumps all day.

Anyway up to the player at the end of the day.
Daniel McStay from Collingwood had reco in December and looks to be back with 5 games remaining of the AFL season. That's a bloke with Full medical assistance and full time rehab. I'd hate to see the quality of rehab Morrison's doing compared to McStay and they are returning around the same time. Fingers crossed it doesn't turn out bad. Handy inclusion late in the year.

SWOOPINGTIME

Daniel McStay from Collingwood had reco in December and looks to be back with 5 games remaining of the AFL season. That's a bloke with Full medical assistance and full time rehab. I'd hate to see the quality of rehab Morrison's doing compared to McStay and they are returning around the same time. Fingers crossed it doesn't turn out bad. Handy inclusion late in the year.

SWOOPINGTIME
Round 15 is the latest he can start to qualify for finals? Maybe the high risk to play in n a flag is worth it for him? Fingers crossed it doesn’t backfire

Big out for Parade with no S Gilmore, if they beat Old Eltham without him, then top 3 finals spot looking very promising especially with Reservoir x2 and Lalor last 9 rounds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stars and Mernda game was an absolute cracker. Standard was great considering the weather.
Big bloke at FF stood up when needed. Crouch had a blinder in the reserves.

SWOOPINGTIME

Enjoyable to watch the undermanned Hoes have a solid win at home.
Selwood had a blinder
Agree Biggie, Selwood was very good yesterday.

Very good game of footy IMO and both sides moved the ball well at different times, but some of the best footy the Hoers have played so far this year. It helps if you start to get some quality players back into the team also.

That said, Kilmore's ladder position not quite reflective of their YTD with several close defeats and will remain dangerous and a finals aspirant for sure.

Some big results in other games and the Raiders now sit top of the pack - Mappa ..... the lid is OFF!!!!

Last edited:
Agree Biggie, Selwood was very good yesterday.

Very good game of footy IMO and both sides moved the ball well at different times, but some of the best footy the Hoers have played so far this year. It helps if you start to get some quality players back into the team also.

That said, Kilmore's ladder position not quite reflective of their YTD with several close defeats and will remain dangerous and a finals aspirant for sure.

Some big results in other games and the Raiders now sit top of the pack - Mappa ..... the lid is OFF!!!!
Taking it one week at the time Chump. We’ll just focus on our systems and processes and let the scoreboard look after itself 😉

From HS

Mernda pips Fitzroy Stars by barest of margins in nail-biting clash​

Bryce Kimuliatis boots two final-quarter goals to lift Mernda to the tightest of wins over NFNL Division 3 premiership rival Fitzroy Stars.

Fitzroy Stars and Mernda put on a show worthy of a grand final on Saturday.
The two NFNL Division 3 premiership contenders went toe-to-toe at Waterview Reserve but it was the Demons who came out on top with a heart-stopping one-point triumph.

The Stars, ladder-leaders heading into the match, held a nine-point lead at three-quarter-time but were overrun in a thrilling finale.

Mernda spearhead Bryce Kimuliatis booted two fourth-quarter goals before a rushed behind with five minutes remaining secured a 10.7 (67) to 10.6 (66) victory.

Demons coach Rob Fletcher said it was a showcase of what local footy should be.

“It was local footy as it was when I grew up; lots of people, a good game of football and then getting around and having a beer with each other after the game, Fletcher said.

“You’re playing a quality opposition like Fitzroy Stars, they’re an elite footy side with the likes of (Jai) Burns, (Kain) Proctor and Neville Jetta.

“It was a good quality game, we got a good jump at the start, they got a hold of us in the third and when the rain arrived we spoke about it being a dogfight now.

“We spoke about our home ground, we don’t like to lose at home, so I think it’s a year and a half since we’ve lost at home – we’ve made it a fortress.

“We were lucky enough to get the footy down to the big fella (Kimuliatis) and he kicked a goal and we got it down again and he kicked another one to level the scores and not long after we scored a point and that was it.

“I think our fitness and attack on the footy from the young fellas got us over the line, which was awesome.”

Mernda jumped out to an eight-point lead at quarter-time before Fitzroy took control through the middle stages.

The Demons still held a one-point advantage at half-time but the Stars booted four goals to two in the third term to take a nine-point buffer into the final change.

The visitors will rue kicking 0.3 in the last in an arm wrestle that saw a string of stoppages in the middle third.

Taking on the likes of proven Division 1 talents Burns, Proctor, VFL-listed Tyson Pickett and ex-AFL star in Jetta, Mernda’s onball brigade gave everything.

Josh Mazzarella, Christian Evans and Joel Harris were immense, while Chris Roussos and Shannon Bennett also impressed.

Kimuliatis finished with a match-high five goals to jump to second on the league goalkicking charts.

“I thought Josh Mazzarella was our best-on-ground, he was good all day but in the last quarter he was just a bull,” Fletcher said.

“We’re rapt to have him back and he keeps showing us why every week we’re so happy to have him.

“He’s played onball all year and been really good and when the game was in the balance, he stepped up, Christian Evans and Joel Harris were great and big Byrce has kicked five.

“It was a really good team effort … you need that even balance across.”

The win made more meritorious with injuries to Lincoln Coffey, Matt Bawden and Dayne Kellett leaving Mernda short on the bench.

For Fitzroy, Pickett was best afield, while James Trajkovski, Proctor, Jetta and Kyle Thomas stood tall.

The result creates a log-jam at the top of the ladder.

Old Paradians took top spot with its nail-biting four-point win over Old Eltham Collegians, with the Turtles, Stars and Demons all a game behind and Ivanhoe and Epping a further game back.

Epping was too good for Reservoir in a 66-point win, Ivanhoe defeated Kilmore by 33 points and Kinglake pipped Lalor by 12 points.

Fitzroy Stars will look to bounce back after the King’s Birthday bye against Heidelberg West, while Mernda hosts Lalor.

Stars and Mernda game was an absolute cracker. Standard was great considering the weather.
Big bloke at FF stood up when needed. Crouch had a blinder in the reserves.

SWOOPINGTIME
Why was Crouch in the reserves? Has he been that bad this season or just Fletch being Fletch?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back