NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Lalor is fine for this series . Just wouldn’t make it the norm from here on out.

I agree it’ll be a fantastic atmosphere
It's unlikely that it will be the norm. But you never know, for elimination finals and maybe a 1st semi, grounds like this may be a fantastic option going forward.

It's unlikely that it will be the norm. But you never know, for elimination finals and maybe a 1st semi, grounds like this may be a fantastic option going forward.

Retro round rules apparently during the finals series with the temporary grandstands to be implemented. Just need some clubs setting up some BBq's and Grog areas the far side of the ground to really get back to grassroots footy

Certainly not for this season, but perhaps worthy of consideration, I wonder if the league would ever look at a VFL Park / Elsternwick Park type arrangement at the former Bundoora Park Thunderbolts ground. Make it a neutral league facility.
I coached there for a number of years and they have ample changerooms, great lighting and doesn’t have juniors anymore so gets little to no traffic in the winter.
It is a bit light on for parking, and the canteen area needs a spruce up, but is a bit of a wasted facility. Much like Telfor Reserve, but that’s too small for Seniors.
Would be nice, though having played for the Bolts as a junior my recollection is that it was a very small ground. If I’m not mistaken I think we had the arcs painted 40m out from goals and it was maybe 440m to do a lap around the ground? Definitely a shame that the extra changerooms were built and the club went into recess not long after, but I’d say one of the more crucial bits that need fixing at the ground would be fencing as you can access the ground from 360 degrees, and I’m not sure the council would be overly keen on fencing off a public reserve, even if it’s accessible on non-event days. Though with the NFNL presumably having La Trobe as an option to use as a neutral venue located right near HQ, I’m not so sure a neutral venue is on their agenda any time soon.

Without having looked at Lalor’s ground in quite a while, you’d have to wonder if they’d be a good option given it’s only going to be the senior and reserves sides who play and train on it and not any 19s or junior sides also adding to the wear and tear the ground takes over the course of the season. I do recall hearing that it’s not a particularly lucrative endeavour hosting junior finals since clubs have to pay for the right to do that (I heard this 5 years ago so I could in fact be very wrong here) but if that’s the case for juniors I would think senior finals might be better for the club to host. Just a thought so if anything I’m saying is blatantly incorrect and makes the idea a bad one I’m open to hearing it.
I feel like a prophet…

i haven’t seen Ford Park in Bellfield, I’ve heard it’s a decent set up. Could this become an option moving forward?
I’m aware that the YJFL use it as their HQ. I think the NFNL need to look at re capturing the north.

Looks like Heidelberg West will only finish above Reservoir and Lalor. Surprised they have already signed current coach for next season after such a disappointing season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its hard to recruit when you have a bucket of gravel and hopes and dreams to pay players with.

The conversation would go like this.
Hi thanks for meeting with me.

Coach -
We have a strong future and we would like you to play for us. the first 3 -4 years will be tough but we are building a good team.

Player - No dramas, what are you numbers like and whats my incentive to play

Coach- we have 20 plays at training most nights, you'll need to pay your subs yourself and we can offer you a skittle and mars bar a game. Also you are required to buy tickets to functions

Player - Sorry Im late to pick up my pet dolphin ( walks out )

You can't expect Justin to recruit on hopes and dreams - Sounds like they had no money and were hoping that his connections would bring in plays who would play for free and get belted each week.
😂

Very good day for the Hoers at the home of the 2024 Div 3 finals today.

Played some good footy, no injuries and outstanding canteen and aftermatch hospitality.

Massive game next week for our club to try and get the upset win at Mernda.
Upset? Mernda are yet to beat Ivanhoe 😆

Huge final round with the 5 and double chance not set yet.

Mernda or Ivanhoe win - 3rd… loser as far as 5th

Old Eltham win - 4th or 5th

Top 2 very unlikely to change.

Epping need Old Eltham to lose to take 5th

Going to be a few refreshes of the app next week!
Still possible for the Hoes to finish 6th (or 3rd for that matter).Would have to be a 17 percent swing which is unlikely.

Can’t qualify played too many senior games
Actually, if the ones make it, he might be able to play finals in the twos, per laws 12.1.4 & 12.1.5 of the league’s bylaws. There is an exception to the 50% senior game rule, where both the senior and reserves play finals on the same weekend

Actually, if the ones make it, he might be able to play finals in the twos, per laws 12.1.4 & 12.1.5 of the league’s bylaws. There is an exception to the 50% senior game rule, where both the senior and reserves play finals on the same weekend
Few rumors doing the rounds none that are fair to repeat. Maybe not in the best 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back