NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven’t heard this. Nor do I believe it.

Small ground and Zero Parking.
NFNL have said with finals structure (womans) article that you cant park inside the grounds (No car parking will be permitted inside the ground with the exception of patrons who have a disabled parking permit (subject to capacity).

NFNL have said with finals structure (womans) article that you cant park inside the grounds (No car parking will be permitted inside the ground with the exception of patrons who have a disabled parking permit (subject to capacity).
Yeah also says Finals passes available and can only be used once per day. Then next line says NFNL will not be selling Finals passes in 2024 ??? Who knows. Absolute circus.

Yeah also says Finals passes available and can only be used once per day. Then next line says NFNL will not be selling Finals passes in 2024 ??? Who knows. Absolute circus.
could there be a chnace the finals structure would be different for the mens comp with parking and season pass or would it all be the same

Certainly not for this season, but perhaps worthy of consideration, I wonder if the league would ever look at a VFL Park / Elsternwick Park type arrangement at the former Bundoora Park Thunderbolts ground. Make it a neutral league facility.
I coached there for a number of years and they have ample changerooms, great lighting and doesn’t have juniors anymore so gets little to no traffic in the winter.
It is a bit light on for parking, and the canteen area needs a spruce up, but is a bit of a wasted facility. Much like Telfor Reserve, but that’s too small for Seniors.

I posted my suggestions above! Latrobe, DC, Eltham or Bergs.

You think clubs will refuse to play? That would be a pathetic outcome. They schedule Ivanhoe vs Parade and you think neither team rock up cause the grounds a little muddy 😂?

That not even possible.
Latrobe uni footy club are still playing and using the ground bad luck for the nfnl what's happening at Cramer st or shelly reserve

Haven't read any of the posts for a few days on this forum, but I have just been told that D3 finals have been moved from Whittlesea to Lalor. Can anyone confirm?

SWOOPINGTIME
Just chatting to a mate at Lalor. When they got there tonight they were told no access to the ground it it has to be looked after to keep it in good condition by the NFNL

Just chatting to a mate at Lalor. When they got there tonight they were told no access to the ground it it has to be looked after to keep it in good condition by the NFNL
That's ordinary by the league . The club still have 2 games to go havent they ? You'd hope league offered Latrobe for next couple of weeks for them but I guess being the league nothing will be offered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well by what they've done you'd think they would be changing venue wouldn't you if they are protecting ground ? You'd rather 15 blokes at training running around on it than 2 games of footy BUT we are talking NFNL
Will have to find out Thursday night at selection night if we are playing at Lalor or not this week. Either way, better venue surface for finals I'd suggest and that's what most on here were suggesting.

Rather have zero parking and better surface though out of the two options.

Glad they have moved it as the Showgrounds were not good.
Of course. Just saying there literally won’t be a single car park available! Should have seen the crowd last year. You’ll be parking at the ring road!

The bowls club members won’t be happy 😆

Lalors canteen will be a massive improvement from waiting in line for an hour at whittlesea!

Last edited:
Of course. Just saying there literally won’t be a single car park available! Should have seen the crowd last year. You’ll be parking at the ring road!

The bowls club members won’t be happy 😆

Lalors canteen will be a massive improvement from waiting in line for an hour at whittlesea!
Or a 500m stroll from the train station if you are on the frothys 😊

Not sure parking is a deal breaker tbh.

Is it fenced - yes
Good condition - yes
Ample rooms and social area - yes
Are we likely to make a quid - yes

Parking - irrelevant in the leagues eyes as they make no money. People will still find a way to get to the ground.
I agree with all that. Atmosphere will be fantastic. Good money maker for Lalor.

Pretty sure there will have to be compensation for Whittlesea wouldnt there? So it may not be as good as what everyone thinks
Come on Justy - remove the doom and gloom NFNL cloud from above your head. 😊

No matter what, this looks to have been a good proactive move for Div 3 finals by the NFNL. We have a great race home over the next two weeks for all sorts of places in the top 5 in Div 3 also - there is a lot to be happy about!

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back