Injury Nic Naitanui confirmed ACL reconstruction

Remove this Banner Ad

If Nicnat started condemning gays or bastard children I'd be on his back but ffs he's just falling onto what he loves best to get him through his pain, whether it be Jesus or a bottle of Jacks who the **** cares.

Agreed - Stevie Wonder could see he's a good bloke.

When you get told to let people voice their opinion while also being told to not voice your own opinion

Classic contradiction from the usual righteous ones of society.

Nic can bang on about his bible and old mate can have a problem with it if he likes.

Move on ya soft campaigners

As good as Nic is we can cover his loss now

Lycett has improved ....Lycett and vardy will compete

The only team in the top 8 with outstanding ruckman are Melbourne and north ....and north won’t make the 8 .....Gawn is clearly the best but it’s unlikely we will meet them in a final but we do get to see them at Optus

It’s sad for Nic ...devo

But he’s got to do the rehab .....and play finals next year.

When you get told to let people voice their opinion while also being told to not voice your own opinion

Classic contradiction from the usual righteous ones of society.

Nic can bang on about his bible and old mate can have a problem with it if he likes.

I don't see anyone belittling his opinion as much as they're just pointing out how arseh*le-ish it is to pronounce judgements like "religion is the root of all evil and religious people infuriate me" in response to a bloke using faith to rationalise a rather horrific injury.

That's not to mention the philosophical simplicity of that argument, since I don't think it's an appropriate debate for this thread.

When both sides have agreed to move on from an argument...maybe people can stop posting about it?

I am still concerned there is more damage in Nic's knee than just the ACL. Lots of people seem to be moving more or less normally not long after the ACL and pain free. Nic was hobbling around a long time afterwards.

Hopefully the club is up front if there is bone and/or cartilage damage in this one too.

When both sides have agreed to move on from an argument...maybe people can stop posting about it?

I am still concerned there is more damage in Nic's knee than just the ACL. Lots of people seem to be moving more or less normally not long after the ACL and pain free. Nic was hobbling around a long time afterwards.

Hopefully the club is up front if there is bone and/or cartilage damage in this one too.
ROYAL EAGLE was suggesting this one has much less surrounding damage than the last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because people would just give out sources. Who does that?

The information was just stated. A request for context is reasonable.

was it

a) Unsubstantiated opinion
b) heard from a trusted source
c) heard barra say it on the news
d) hopeful musing

You can give some context to a pretty big statement surely?

In a world where there is so much emphasis on people having freedom of equality and expression this post seems very puzzling in it's thinking.

You are actually using your freedom to express your opinion that other people shouldn't be free to express theirs?

Not true
https://www.smh.com.au/technology/m...-antisemitic-video-online-20110201-1abm3.html

“The Jewish victim of a verbal racial attack that was posted in a video online says a three-year prison term given to the man who called him a "racist, homicidal maniac" outside a Perth supermarket is not enough.”

The emphasis is political correctness, social/ peer pressure to conform and Hate Speach laws for those who don’t
Hate speach laws offer no protection of facts or truth, only whether or not you hurt someone’s feelings. 0 emphasis on freedom of expression

Hate is healthy and natural
I hate that nicnat has done another knee

Fk no. Any sportspeople who praise God infuriates me.
Y'know, I'm about as anti-religion as you can get, for good reason, but you're being ridiculous. It's not like he's Israel Folau claiming all gays will burn in hell or something, he's just trying to find comfort in something familiar. He just lost his mother in the last few years, and now his career has been derailed. Again. He's using his faith as a motivation to keep going, and motivation would be hard to find right now for him. I'm anti-religion, but not anti-religious people. Nic has never, ever done anything that makes me dislike him, especially not his personal beliefs. It's not worth getting riled up about. Just because we don't necessarily agree with his faith, doesn't mean it's a reason to criticise him, especially at a time like this.
Hate is healthy
No, it isn't. Hate destroys you. Take it from someone who has spent his whole life hating those who hate me for who I am, it's never worth it. Hate doesn't just hurt those on the receiving end. It's so easy to be consumed by it. It destroys everything else, leaving just itself.

Y'know, I'm about as anti-religion as you can get, for good reason, but you're being ridiculous. It's not like he's Israel Folau claiming all gays will burn in hell or something, he's just trying to find comfort in something familiar. He just lost his mother in the last few years, and now his career has been derailed. Again. He's using his faith as a motivation to keep going, and motivation would be hard to find right now for him. I'm anti-religion, but not anti-religious people. Nic has never, ever done anything that makes me dislike him, especially not his personal beliefs. It's not worth getting riled up about. Just because we don't necessarily agree with his faith, doesn't mean it's a reason to criticise him, especially at a time like this.

No, it isn't. Hate destroys you. Take it from someone who has spent his whole life hating those who hate me for who I am, it's never worth it. Hate doesn't just hurt those on the receiving end. It's so easy to be consumed by it. It destroys everything else, leaving just itself.
Great post

Self indulgence either way (hate-love) is unhelpful. And we can all be guilty of
Balance (like in nature) is key

You realise that I am going to be kept awake for days trying to work out if your user name is an acronym.

I hope things are working out for you these days though. Sounds heavy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back