Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks to be running with a limp, will be touch and go for the semi you would think
The landing into spin was the only lateral movement in the clips shared here. Everything else was straight line and there wasn’t a limp in any of it. Have you seen different footage?

In terms of availability for a hypothetical FW2 match it’ll depend on his progression to full training next week. On the basis of this load session as long as he pulls up well I’d assume he’s in full training on Monday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks to be running with a limp, will be touch and go for the semi you would think

I think in some of the footage I have seen , what might seem like a "limp" coming out of a sprint is more trying to avoid rapid deceleration through his bad leg. I have had the same injury (although much,much worse and my knee is held together by plate and screws) and it's a bit like how walking down a hill can put more stress on things than up a hill............he's consciously/subconsciously trying to avoid that stress. IMO of course.

The landing into spin was the only lateral movement in the clips shared here. Everything else was straight line and there wasn’t a limp in any of it. Have you seen different footage?
A “limp” is probably overstating it, but he wasn’t as explosive on his right side on pushing off and getting up to speed.

Also very plainly favouring the right leg on the “landing spin” you mentioned.

Zero chance for QF, let’s hope it’s straight through to PF in a fortnight.

So, it'll happen again if he plays FF? Baffling logic.

Pretty sure the injury occurred a game beforehand. In the midfield. Perhaps he shouldn't play there too.
If you can’t see how Nick leading into marking contests puts him at risk of being injured after he literally got injured from this scenario then you must be pretty blind.

He shouldn’t have played in the midfield either once his outside game was shut down there.

I think in some of the footage I have seen , what might seem like a "limp" coming out of a sprint is more trying to avoid rapid deceleration through his bad leg. I have had the same injury (although much,much worse and my knee is held together by plate and screws) and it's a bit like how walking down a hill can put more stress on things than up a hill............he's consciously/subconsciously trying to avoid that stress. IMO of course.
This triggered me. Going down stairs has always been worse than going up them for me with injury

A “limp” is probably overstating it, but he wasn’t as explosive on his right side on pushing off and getting up to speed.
It looked to me like a quick coming back for their 4th spell of the day in the sub continent so below his “normal” standard. For the benefit of anyone with concerns I we’re still 9 days out from a theoretical return and he progressed very quickly out of the brace so he’ll step it up next week.

It looked to me like a quick coming back for their 4th spell of the day in the sub continent so below his “normal” standard. For the benefit of anyone with concerns I we’re still 9 days out from a theoretical return and he progressed very quickly out of the brace so he’ll step it up next week.

Not criticizing the pace, just noting the asymmetry.

If you can’t see how Nick leading into marking contests puts him at risk of being injured after he literally got injured from this scenario then you must be pretty blind.

He shouldn’t have played in the midfield either once his outside game was shut down there.
So Nick can't play forward, or midfield.
If he gets attention in the backline, what is he supposed to do then?
Play lawn bowls!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back