Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

If you can tell that from that quality of video can you tell me if Anthony Rocca's point was a goal?

Yes it was a goal, but I can say that only because I was sitting right behind it in 2002.

If you can’t see how Nick leading into marking contests puts him at risk of being injured after he literally got injured from this scenario then you must be pretty blind.

He shouldn’t have played in the midfield either once his outside game was shut down there.

Should wrap him in bubble wrap rather than playing footy and going for contested marks in the forward line, I agree.

Yes it was a goal, but I can say that only because I was sitting right behind it in 2002.
Yes, and the other 257,000 Collingwood supporters (including myself) that were also sitting right behind that goal will back you up.

Cheatin' scumps!

In that first video he appeared quite a bit off his top speed to me so I'm hoping he was just following instruction to not extend himself.

Like mentioned by others still looked a bit proppy in some of his running strides also.

Hopefully he recovers well.

Yes, and the other 257,000 Collingwood supporters (including myself) that were also sitting right behind that goal will back you up.

Cheatin' scumps!

I really was there, top deck of the Ponsford.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where do we all think Nick will play when he returns? I'm thinking defence. Ruling out pure mid due to the time he's missed.

We've struggled to move the ball from defence so could use him back there. I'd assume our back half scoring has dried up a fair bit, Nick could help with that.

I know he's still going to play through the middle, but due to the above I feel his starting point is still important and I'd prefer defence to high half forward like Lipinski.

Where do we all think Nick will play when he returns? I'm thinking defence. Ruling out pure mid due to the time he's missed.

We've struggled to move the ball from defence so could use him back there. I'd assume our back half scoring has dried up a fair bit, Nick could help with that.

I know he's still going to play through the middle, but due to the above I feel his starting point is still important and I'd prefer defence to high half forward like Lipinski.
Love to see him off half back pushing up when required like early in the year

I dont mind this , then move him where required when needed

Defence 10000%.

Especially if we play Port.
I think what everyone has forgotten is just how insane his offensive run & kicking is.

Its not just the DE he goes at....its the fact that more often than not, it legit puts the player into a great position to move forward.
(watch that comment come back to bite me!).

Not having him on at HB has really hurt us because no one runs smarter and harder for the 1-2 from D50.
That's his gig for us for the rest of the year.
No CBA. No middle unless it's do-or-die.
Just pure HB. If he gets 30 at HB...we win.

R2 Port had no HF to tag him (tried Jones, gave up).
Last time in the wet, he played middle and was tagged by Drew.
So, if its port....lets see if Drew can play HF and make port 1 down in their fwd half.

If its GWS....they have better weapons at HF to tag.
But if i was the oppo coach, where would i absolutely hate to see Nick play the most.....HB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back