Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Nick. I think most were expecting him to be named in the backline so more mids could be selected, so it’s a pleasant surprise for him to be selected as a mid.

And don’t forget Josh! Wrong thread, but he was in the squad last year, and made the 22 this year.

Peter Daicos has done so much for our club.
And he is such a lovely gentleman as well. It's not often you meet your hero and then have an even higher opinion than you did before you spoke.

Team success is all that I or Nick care about. Some of this reaction takes me back to pre Malthouse when we were the Buckley FC
You perhaps but I bet Nick cares about more than team success.

Um, no, we lose this and the dream is over
Nah, with the finals bye PFs have become much more even in results. Its a very even year, we could get them up there but still better to win QF

On Footy Classified last night they played a grab of Peter discussing Nick and how he thinks he's unlikely to get up for Melbourne.

Whether he was simply towing the party line and lowering expectations or that was his honest take as his father and someone who would know is anyone's guess.

On Footy Classified last night they played a grab of Peter discussing Nick and how he thinks he's unlikely to get up for Melbourne.

Whether he was simply towing the party line and lowering expectations or that was his honest take as his father and someone who would know is anyone's guess.

It's pretty much accepted he won't play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to agree. Whoever wins next Thursday is in the box seat imo. Home prelim against PA/STK/GWS into GF. Vs Lose and Semi against CARL/SYD then Away Prelim v BRIS/PA.

Not impossible but extremely difficult. Loser of next Thursday even if they got past the semi and away PF probably be pretty rooted going up against the winner.

This match next Thursday is everything.

Have to agree. Whoever wins next Thursday is in the box seat imo. Home prelim against PA/STK/GWS into GF. Vs Lose and Semi against CARL/SYD then Away Prelim v BRIS/PA.

Not impossible but extremely difficult. Loser of next Thursday even if they got past the semi and away PF probably be pretty rooted going up against the winner.

This match next Thursday is everything.
Agree

Play Melbourne and win…Guaranteed prelim at the G. Win that, Grand Final.

Lose, and have to win a semi likely against Carlton (hoping for no injuries) and IF win, play an interstate prelim, likely Brisbane at the Gabba. Manage to win that and Grand Final.

Extra game is risk of injuries. And they’re all elimination finals. There’s a real risk of out in straight sets.

It’s still possible but becomes quite difficult.

Pre finals bye now means teams have been a bit underdone after winning qualifying finals but last year this wasn’t the case. The grand finalists were the two that had the rest. I’m sure training is being adjusted to accommodate the lack of games so I expect we’ll see this trending back to where most grand finalists are the teams that win the qualifying final, as we saw before the pre finals bye.

Have we established if Nick trained yesterday behind closed doors and if so, to what capacity?

I can't be arsed on this lovely saturday morning sifting through a stack of news corp articles or twitter posts to try and decipher the answer.
It was reported in the hun today that Nick was sprinting

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back