Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Just listening to the SEN podcast and a Kieser physio was on there talking about Nick’s injury.

He seemed sceptical on the 6 weeks diagnosis, and thinks it’s 8 week’s minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just listening to the SEN podcast and a Kieser physio was on there talking about Nick’s injury.

See how he holds up physically but i would have no questions on his work ethics to give himself the best shot at a return to the field in the earliest time possible.

Hope we don't get a vet's opinion. Nicky might get put down.

Great point.Kane Cornes always craps on about opposition players needing to tag Daicos,but he never says the same about the other young guns in the competition.I wonder why?He seems strangely obsessed with Nick for some reason.Always has a go at him about something.Even last night on Footy Classified he chastised him for trying to pad out his stats by taking a kick out.The man is obsessed.

Just because he plays for Collingwood and Media are Pissed we have 1 once in a Generation Talent playing for us

Better be Safe then Sorry

He was no chance before this, wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t even finish top 5 or even top 10 as he’s not in the umpires eyes yet.
Massive hype pre-draft, one of the most famous names in our clubs history and always in the news. Polled pretty well last year and has been far better this year.

Doesn't matter what position he plays, umps will always notice him.

Brownlow night may prove me wrong but I'd be shocked if was leading a few rounds back and is still in a 2-4 group of players that have broken away from the pack.

Please.

We want our defenders applying physical pressure to opposition forwards.

Murphy himself made late contact in an attempted spoil against a Hawk in the same game...does that make him a dirty sniper??

We expect Murphy, Maynard, Moore or IQ to go and try and cut off the ball, if they are a fraction late and make contact with a leading forward from opposition so be it. If they dont go, most posters here would be filtht at them for letting opposition take an uncotested mark.

Unfortunate for Nick, but the Hawk player did nothing wrong.

Murphy copped a 50m penalty…. just saying.

Also pretty hard to impact the footy if you’re not even watching it.

Is he related to Keiser Soze?

Conspiracy - injury not as bad as being communicated to external parties. 2-3 week injury.

Daicos fatigued, sore, and being over hyped in media, and struggling since Port game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This whole injury shows what is wrong with afl atm.

Was clearly a 50. It’s the vision they send to teams pre season.
Back to the ball, changed direction. Late.
Not much to argue.
Umps missed it (as all umps do).

MRO - well it’s 50 and the player stood up and took his kick. So nothing to see.
50 only (whether paid or not) and not reportable.

So….if the head is hit?
3 weeks min? 4?

The action was clearly to hit him.
A defensive action doesn’t involve two steps.
Anyone who has play football would recognise that. Not defensive action. Just a hit.
All being there.

It’s a strange world that a head hit says he doesn’t play this year, but the same action that doesn’t hit the head, yet causes missed weeks is not even cited.

Not much to argue.

MRO - well it’s 50 and the player stood up and took his kick. So nothing to see.

So….if the head is hit?
3 weeks min? 4?

Anyone who has play football would recognise that. Not defensive action. Just a hit.
All being there.

It’s a strange world that a head hit says he doesn’t play this year, but the same action that doesn’t hit the head, yet causes missed weeks is not even cited.
You are right. Doesn't make sense at all. Vision shows it all. Plays the man, not the ball....Move along, nothing to see here, hey.....

Not much to argue.

So….if the head is hit?
3 weeks min? 4?

All being there.

It’s a strange world that a head hit says he doesn’t play this year, but the same action that doesn’t hit the head, yet causes missed weeks is not

Not much to argue.

So….if the head is hit?
3 weeks min? 4?

All being there.

iTs FoOtbAlL brO

Not much to argue.

So….if the head is hit?
3 weeks min? 4?

All being there.

Misjudge a tackle - 3 weeks that's totally unacceptable
Late hit when you're not even part of the marking contest, causing a 6 week injury - no worries mate

Misjudge a tackle - 3 weeks that's totally unacceptable
Late hit when you're not even part of the marking contest, causing a 6 week injury - no worries mate

If it was DeGoey in place of blanck and, say, Ashcroft in place of Daicos the peanuts like Robbo would be going ballistic … calling for the chair

Anyone else been doing their own Brownlow counts/estimates?

I did my best to remove as much of my bias as possible and be pretty conservative and still have him on 30 votes up to and including the Freo game.

Given he's even the tiniest chance to poll a vote in the Port game in Round 19 (27 and a Goal and was pivotal in the last quarter), he's potentially got anywhere from 29-34 votes up to Round 19.

Given the all time record is 36 votes in a full season and 30 generally wins you the Brownlow, he may still be a genuine shot to still take out the medal?

I did my best to remove as much of my bias as possible and be pretty conservative and still have him on 30 votes up to and including the Freo game.

Given he's even the tiniest chance to poll a vote in the Port game in Round 19 (27 and a Goal and was pivotal in the last quarter), he's potentially got anywhere from 29-34 votes up to Round 19.

Given the all time record is 36 votes in a full season and 30 generally wins you the Brownlow, he may still be a genuine shot to still take out the medal?

My top 5 is as follows:

1. N. Daicos - 30
2. C. Petracca - 26
3. M. Bontempelli - 23
4. Z. Butters - 23
5. E. Gulden - 22

Pretty impressing for the rest of the favourites if they don’t win, when Nick wouldn’t have polled a vote in the last 6 games of the season

My top 5 is as follows:

1. N. Daicos - 30
2. C. Petracca - 26
3. M. Bontempelli - 23
4. Z. Butters - 23
5. E. Gulden - 22

Pretty impressing for the rest of the favourites if they don’t win, when Nick wouldn’t have polled a vote in the last 6 games of the season

I actually ended with him on 33 as of the Freo game and took 3 off him as a buffer. So yeah, 30 for me too and 30 more often than not gets you the medal

Would be pretty incredible if does manage to win it

I personally have Daicos on 32
If Bont and petracca have quite games this week will make it very interesting. I’d almost suggest he would start favourite of both those players are quite.

Anyone know how his tracking with his knee?

Is first week of finals any chance?
Think he is no chance for week 1. That would be only 5 weeks from the injury which has been touted as a 6 weeker at best? After we win in week 1, he will be ready for the prelim!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back