Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a great username to content ratio. 6 weeks minimum, no way you would risk it.

Maybe not, but I do have a sweet left foot, so I could rename myself Sweetleftfoot2?

It does get a bit tiring with people not understanding the irony in my name and my pic, but hey, ignorance is bliss!!

I think the time off will probably do him the world of good.He looked pretty banged up even before he got the fracture to his knee.He didn’t look like the player he was prior to the Port Adelaide game.

Didn't he have a Small Injury before his Knee?

Lol. I think the injury is massively overblown. He would not be without crutches kicking a footy if it were a serious fracture.
I believe there was a crack, but i do recall Jarrod wade saying that it was minor and they found pretty quickly it didn't been surgery.
I reckon he was going too play QF weekend from the start if it went well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. I think the injury is massively overblown. He would not be without crutches kicking a footy if it were a serious fracture.

Tibial plateau fractures can be mismanaged and lead to premature arthritis, so they’re definitely serious.

Having said that, full weightbearing and kicking footies (did he actually kick one?) is eyebrow raising for 16 days post-injury to say the least.

Maybe it’s more “stress fracture” than fracture? No depression, no displacement, no involvement of articular surface… trying to think what possible best-case scenario could exist here…

Either way, on the evidence of that photo, I gather Nick (himself) is pushing to play QF regardless of the usual wisdom around fracture healing.

Tibial plateau fractures can be mismanaged and lead to premature arthritis, so they’re definitely serious.

Having said that, full weightbearing and kicking footies (did he actually kick one?) is eyebrow raising for 16 days post-injury to say the least.

Maybe it’s more “stress fracture” than fracture? No depression, no displacement, no involvement of articular surface… trying to think what possible best-case scenario could exist here…

Either way, on the evidence of that photo, I gather Nick (himself) is pushing to play QF regardless of the usual wisdom around fracture healing.
6 weeks might have just been a guide. It can't be fractured if he's jogging. Hopefully he plays in the first final

6 weeks might have just been a guide. It can't be fractured if he's jogging. Hopefully he plays in the first final

Is there more than that photo? Or does man holding footy = jogging and kicking?

He was on a bike spinning on extremely low resistance. Nothing more. Wouldn’t call that weight bearing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was on a bike spinning on extremely low resistance. Nothing more. Wouldn’t call that weight bearing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Walking is weightbearing. Walking without a crutch or frame is full weightbearing, i.e. 100% of bodyweight in single limb stance phase.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back