Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

This new Daicos brothers’ venture gives me Peter Brock Energy Polarizer vibes.

It’s only a matter of time before these 2 nutjobs demand pies players play with crystals in their GPS pockets and threaten to leave for Tassie if the club won’t mandate it. Obviously our captain will support them and go too.

It’s only a matter of time before these 2 nutjobs demand pies players play with crystals in their GPS pockets and threaten to leave for Tassie if the club won’t mandate it. Obviously our captain will support them and go too.

Going into business with Tim Gurner - a very successful Melbourne property developer - seems like a good move. And if the boys can profit from the ridiculous ‘wellness’ industry then why not?

But I didn’t know Tim was an ‘anti-aging devotee’. What is that? Sounds like pseudoscience.

There’s always plenty of money to fleece from the wealthy and stupid.

shut up and take my money GIF by Product Hunt

This Tim Gurner? Seems like a decent bloke for Collingwood heroes to do business with!

"In September 2023, speaking at the Australian Financial Review Property Summit, Gurner said that unemployment should rise by 40–50%, because workers had become too arrogant and "pain in the economy" was required to change attitudes. He also stated that governments around the world were working towards that aim" Wikipedia.

This Tim Gurner? Seems like a decent bloke for Collingwood heroes to do business with!

"In September 2023, speaking at the Australian Financial Review Property Summit, Gurner said that unemployment should rise by 40–50%, because workers had become too arrogant and "pain in the economy" was required to change attitudes. He also stated that governments around the world were working towards that aim" Wikipedia.

He’s also the bloke who complained about millennials spending money on avo on toast.🙃

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to say seeing the Daicoi sitting cross-legged in a darkened room humming or passing crystals around or WTF they were doing makes me squirm.

Ok, I may have made up the bits about humming and crystals, but all this wellness rubbish concerns me. Glad for them to make money outside of footy, but can’t they stick to ripping people off by more tried and true means?😊

Have to say seeing the Daicoi sitting cross-legged in a darkened room humming or passing crystals around or WTF they were doing makes me squirm.

Ok, I may have made up the bits about humming and crystals, but all this wellness rubbish concerns me. Glad for them to make money outside of footy, but can’t they stick to ripping people off by more tried and true means?😊
What's happened to the tried and true formula of footy players buying pubs and spending the take at the TAB.

Hopefully they bring back the Power Balance bracelet.
I had a mate that still had one of those about 2 years after everyone realised it was bullshit. I snapped it off his wrist one night and he cracked the shits like id just destroyed his superpowers or something. He is a Carlton loser so that bracelet was probably the highlight of his decade in hindsight

What's happened to the tried and true formula of footy players buying pubs and spending the take at the TAB.

I remember when Ronnie Wearmouth was the publican/licensee for a pub in Port Fairy, after his footy career ended. Don’t think poor Ronnie lasted long, as he enjoyed too much of his own product. Saw him dancing on the tables on one occasion. Not great.

I had to re-read the article to check my first impressions. They’re described as ‘ambassadors’ which wouldn’t imply putting a lot of money in. Hope so.
Yes - I’m positive that far from risking their own money in this enterprise, the Daicii are being paid - most probably very handsomely - by the billionaire owner just to lend their names and maybe occasional presence to promote what seems to be a perfectly business way to fleece those with more money than sense.

I remember when Ronnie Wearmouth was the publican/licensee for a pub in Port Fairy, after his footy career ended. Don’t think poor Ronnie lasted long, as he enjoyed too much of his own product. Saw him dancing on the tables on one occasion. Not great.
Poor old Ronnie has PTSD from playing in so many losing grand finals. It's affected him all his life. He was Collingwood through and through

Yes - I’m positive that far from risking their own money in this enterprise, the Daicii are being paid - most probably very handsomely - by the billionaire owner just to lend their names and maybe occasional presence to promote what seems to be a perfectly business way to fleece those with more money than sense.
Agree... only the easily defrauded will be subscribing to any of these outlets. I honestly think this a bankruptcy-in-waiting -- the pool of people who have both the means and the willingness to part with $1000 per month for such a dubious benefit is vanishingly small.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back