AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Kelli Underwood just mentioned on Offsiders that the AFL were going to force Brisbane to play the GF at Marvel if they beat Adelaide next week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep cos the venues in Brisbane are busy on the grand final weekend due to concerts and cricket

I think afl has full control of grand final week. Clubs have the choice in the first 3 finals weeks

They may as well announce and lock in the time for marvel now and just say regardless of any of the 4 outcomes it will be there and can start selling tickets.

There was also talk this year about how all aflw grand finals may end up being locked in for marvel may as well start now

The replay went back to the studio conversation and didn’t run the on ground interview with Emma Kearney after the game - does anyone have it?
I couldn't believe they cut away - why wouldn't they air the live interview with the captain after winning a final?! Ridiculous.

I haven't seen it anywhere else, doesn't look like it's on the NMFC app either unfortunately.

I'm just as much emotionally invested in each of the teams. They are both wearing the Royal Blue and White, they both sing the same song and dare I say it the girls show more passion for the song than the boys do, though in fairness to the boys, wins have been few and far between in recent times.

The girls this season, have for me provided some much needed reason to see some light at the end of the tunnel for our club.

Lets be very clear, until the AFLW really swung into action in the latter part of the fixture, 2022 has been the annus horribilis for our club and us as supporters. A 2-20 score line in the men's season, the departure of that traitor who we all placed so much hope in, the media's delight in kicking us whenever they could; its been a horrible time.

The girls have done a terrific job so far and I love them all for pulling on the jumper and going out to represent us, with such distinction, irrespective of what happens from here on.

Totally agree Horace. The general “good vibe” that encapsulates our AFLW team is the ultimate “nourishment” (I hate that term - but here we are) for the club too. Once again, Sonja is front and centre in all this. You can’t miss her reinforcing presence at all our games. Garner (& Kearney) is the standard of professionalism and enthusiasm that our mens team have to try and emulate next season. The way our team purposefully stands the mark and pressures the opposition is a sight to behold. Nicole Bresnehan won the “Clubwoman of the Year” award for 2022. After watching her yesterday, she deserves the “Shinboner of the Year” now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm just as much emotionally invested in each of the teams. They are both wearing the Royal Blue and White, they both sing the same song and dare I say it the girls show more passion for the song than the boys do, though in fairness to the boys, wins have been few and far between in recent times.

The girls this season, have for me provided some much needed reason to see some light at the end of the tunnel for our club.

Lets be very clear, until the AFLW really swung into action in the latter part of the fixture, 2022 has been the annus horribilis for our club and us as supporters. A 2-20 score line in the men's season, the departure of that traitor who we all placed so much hope in, the media's delight in kicking us whenever they could; its been a horrible time.

The girls have done a terrific job so far and I love them all for pulling on the jumper and going out to represent us, with such distinction, irrespective of what happens from here on.

Agreed especially the last part. After the disappointment of the past two seasons bowing out in first week of finals, this team is ahead of the ledger on what we wanted to see. Everything is cream on top from here.

l'm just wondering if Erika is back training and doing well should we bring her back in or not. The teams defence is playing well without her ,so should someone give up their spot for her.. Only injuries seem to be the only way for her to get back in atm..

l'm just wondering if Erika is back training and doing well should we bring her back in or not. The teams defence is playing well without her ,so should someone give up their spot for her.. Only injuries seem to be the only way for her to get back in atm..
For me if she’s right she’d come in for Hannah - all about Erika’s fitness for play rather than waiting for an injury.

Bowey makes way for her as soon as she's cleared to play imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, if Erika is fit, she comes in place for Hannah, I like Hannah, but we need Erika's run off the backline.

I think Amy Smith probably goes to her. Interesting that Hoskins seemed to target Mia King with some physical pressure (including that pretty cheap hip and shoulder) and she responded by winning more of the footy and the game. I’d hate for one of our girls to get suspended flying the flag.

I think Amy Smith probably goes to her. Interesting that Hoskins seemed to target Mia King with some physical pressure (including that pretty cheap hip and shoulder) and she responded by winning more of the footy and the game. I’d hate for one of our girls to get suspended flying the flag.
King doesn’t care if she gets smashed - doesn’t get angry , just worries about the ball.
Love it

Really need to smash the godees in the middle this week

Both of the Hoskings tried to rattle her, and even after being smothered Kingy just cracked back in and made amends and helped set up a goal. The Hoskings should stick to making dumbarse prank videos

Doubt the pitches have been dropped in at Marvel yet. Only reason the ground will be free is because Justin Bieber cancelled his tour, which you're all pretending to not know, I get it.

Also is there a more overrated player than Katie Brennan? Imagine having that spud as your captain yeesh
Well yeah, Jess Hosking for a start. Also up there would be Stacey Livingstone, Caitlin Greiser, Brooke Walker and Richelle Cranston.

Brennan (who has the most goals per game in the league's short history) falls into the category of quality player overshadowed by unrealistic expectations of her. Definitely among AFLW's top 10 TPS targets (probably only beaten by Harris, Pearce and Hope).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back