NMFC Bigfooty folklore

Remove this Banner Ad

FunkyZ and his Hamish McLaughlin cartoon, piss myself laughing whenever I see/hear of L.Nixon

Tef's get Kane Cornes obsession

Arthur Cloke's wagers on people being related

Whether the Shinboner Spirit is alive or dead threads that get posted fifty times a year

I miss these too :(

4. The photos of Alan Obst walking up and down the grass hill at Arden St carrying weights. Followed by 6 months out of the game with a torn quad.
The weights got turned in something like "it wasn't weights, it was a piano" or some such.

what was the whole hallways thing? didn't it come from an article about daniel wells last communicating with laidley with a nod in the hallway?
It was an article near, or possibly at the end of, JYD's coaching tenure and encompassed his waning relationship with players, including Wellsy, and how little he communicated with them.

JYD said, in the article, he had a good relationship with the players and cited, as evidence, the fact that "only the other day" he had bumped into Wellsy in the corridor and they proceeded to have one of their best ever conversations (thus highlighting the very inadequacy in question).

i didn't do zondors. someone from adelaide did it
I assumed, given how effusive it was, that Zondor had written it. But, it does say "suspected of being a Tender Touch patron" when in fact he is a "confessed patron of...", even detailing preferred services.

Kimbo being "a bit of a knob".
Too soon, but thanks for doing your bit. :stern look Unless of course you're referring to me being the only BF poster to have trademarked their own font colour. :p

In any case, I thought Nate7's departure post was the folklore, or at least it being one of a few "I'm done" posts over the years that have become folklore, most notably the premiere such post, by pharro.

So, Jimms for wiki purposes, "I'm done" is an OP in a thread that announces a poster's intention to depart BF due to "irreconcilable differences", usually moral, with the broader BF community. Such posts are usually met with derision for grandstanding with the implied preference that the poster simply slip into obscurity instead of eulogizing. The ironic twist, of course, being that such posters often, even invariably, return under either their original BF name, or with a new one or, in the case of pharro, with a couple of them.

Speaking of pharro, I believe he may have been the original subject referred to as part of yet another 'folklorish' meme, "inner scrotum". This one may have been started by one of Zondor's aliases, given its hallowed status as one of our more common malapropisms, for inner sanctum, of course, referring to posters that have real or alleged intimate connections with central, usually off-field, club staff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too soon, but thanks for doing your bit. :stern look Unless of course you're referring to me being the only BF poster to have trademarked their own font colour. :p

In any case, I thought Nate7's departure post was the folklore, or at least it being one of a few "I'm done" posts over the years that have become folklore, most notably the premiere such post, by pharro.

So, Jimms for wiki purposes, "I'm done" is an OP in a thread that announces a poster's intention to depart BF due to "irreconcilable differences", usually moral, with the broader BF community. Such posts are usually met with derision for grandstanding with the implied preference that the poster simply slip into obscurity instead of eulogizing. The ironic twist, of course, being that such posters often, even invariably, return under either their original BF name, or with a new one or, in the case of pharro, with a couple of them.

Speaking of pharro, I believe he may have been the original subject referred to as part of yet another 'folklorish' meme, "inner scrotum". This one may have been started by one of Zondor's aliases, given its hallowed status as one of our more common malapropisms, for inner sanctum, of course, referring to posters that have real or alleged intimate connections with central, usually off-field, club staff.
How long was Nate actually away? I disappeared for a while myself shortly after, and when I got back, Nate was in the thick of it again. Surely a record for a non-alias return.

Was it the 2009 season where we got beaten by 70 points by Geelong at KP and Laidley got up at the post match press conference and declared "we won't be the last side to come down here this year and get touched up by 70 points"

Geelong's remaining victories that season were by 34, 46, 2 and 40 points.

Was it the 2009 season where we got beaten by 70 points by Geelong at KP and Laidley got up at the post match press conference and declared "we won't be the last side to come down here this year and get touched up by 70 points"

Geelong's remaining victories that season were by 34, 46, 2 and 40 points.
he got the arse a month later

Remove this Banner Ad

NMFC Bigfooty folklore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back