Opinion NMFC Board Cricket Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure i heard someone say Green has stress fractures or something in his back, and will definitely not be bowling any time soon, can he be purely a batsman ?

Definitely can, Marsh can be the allrounder. I'd bat him at 4 but that would put Smith or Marnis' nose out of joint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There hasn't been any doubt for years that Joe Root is an all-time great of the game, but he's just gone a level higher in passing Alastair Cook's record for most Test runs by an England player. Another big unbeaten century in the test v Pakistan. Brook just passed his century as well. They're batting on a road and Pakistan's 552 looking below par at this stage.

There hasn't been any doubt for years that Joe Root is an all-time great of the game, but he's just gone a level higher in passing Alastair Cook's record for most Test runs by an England player. Another big unbeaten century in the test v Pakistan. Brook just passed his century as well. They're batting on a road and Pakistan's 552 looking below par at this stage.

Yeah - if you’d asked me a few years ago who out of the big 4 (Kohli, smith, root and Williamson) would go on to be the standout of that group in the 2020s, I wouldn’t have guessed JR. But he’s outperformed all of them for some time now. For a Pom, hard not to like him. Plays the right way.

Yeah - if you’d asked me a few years ago who out of the big 4 (Kohli, smith, root and Williamson) would go on to be the standout of that group in the 2020s, I wouldn’t have guessed JR. But he’s outperformed all of them for some time now. For a Pom, hard not to like him. Plays the right way.

Wash your mouth out with soap!

Great player, but like Warner and Walters in England, there's a big hole in his career having scored no away Ashes hundreds.

Still hasn't scored a 100 in Australia.

Edit, beaten by Marstermind.

Also, I could score runs on Pakistan tracks.

Great player, but like Warner and Walters in England, there's a big hole in his career having scored no away Ashes hundreds.

Fair call, but there’s a big hole in all of the current big 4’s records (Kohli and Smith’s last few years have been middling in Tests, Williamson’s stats being padded by lots of lesser and home series performances, etc). They’re all guns though, and I think it is undeniable that Root is on top over this last 5 year period. Kohli probably wins out if you include pajama cricket, but … let’s not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion NMFC Board Cricket Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back