Opinion NMFC Board Cricket Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Are they actually that good ? Aussies getting their summer cricket knickers in a knot ? ( looking at you Whately ) " The sky is falling, the sky is falling......." 🐔🐔🐔

Any team with the Aussies bowling lineup is going to be a good team, it's our batting that's the problem. No Green, no opener. Ussie is 36, Smith is on the decline, Marnus has been struggling and there doesn't seen to be quality waiting in the wings.

Aussie conditions will help but it's not going to be a walj in the park this summer. Looking 12 months down the road against the Poms we might struggle. I like what they've done with their team. They've blooded good young batsmen and have a line up four the future while also trying out alot of young bowlers.

Any team with the Aussies bowling lineup is going to be a good team, it's our batting that's the problem. No Green, no opener. Ussie is 36, Smith is on the decline, Marnus has been struggling and there doesn't seen to be quality waiting in the wings.

Aussie conditions will help but it's not going to be a walk in the park this summer. Looking 12 months down the road against the Poms we might struggle. I like what they've done with their team. They've blooded good young batsmen and have a line up four the future while also trying out alot of young bowlers.

" They've blooded good young batsmen and have a line up for the future while also trying out alot of young bowlers "

Because they ain't won nought with the team they had. Needed to change.

Last edited:
" They've blooded good young batsmen and have a line up four the future while also trying out alot of young bowlers "

Because they ain't won nought with the team they had. Needed to change.

Yeah they needed a change but the ones they've bought look the goods. We need a refresh too or we'll have 6 blokes all leaving together.

Aussie conditions will help but it's not going to be a walj in the park this summer. Looking 12 months down the road against the Poms we might struggle. I like what they've done with their team. They've blooded good young batsmen and have a line up four the future while also trying out alot of young bowlers.
Absolutely missed a trick last summer not blooding an opener when we were still wasting time on Warner. And the Smith mistake

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've found the Kiwi-India series interesting, to the extent that the Kiwis have been more than competitive with a modest spin attack (Santner, Phillips, Ajaz). My theory is that their defensive bowling in white ball cricket translates well to the sub continent, as they bowl hard into the pitch (esp Santner), a bit like Kumble

I've found the Kiwi-India series interesting, to the extent that the Kiwis have been more than competitive with a modest spin attack (Santner, Phillips, Ajaz). My theory is that their defensive bowling in white ball cricket translates well to the sub continent, as they bowl hard into the pitch (esp Santner), a bit like Kumble
300 up and a handful of wickets still. Is it enough?

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion NMFC Board Cricket Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back