Opinion NMFC Board Cricket ThreadII - Windies, Big Bash, Pakistan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is some innings by Babar and his team. Australia have bowled well and fielded pretty well, but the batsmen have been too good. Looks like a draw now, but it’s been good to see Australia keep attacking and the batsmen keeping them out.

A fitting end. A little bit of chaos, a bit of class... A memorable draw. Well done to Rizwan. Bad luck to Babar but 196 is OK. Uzzie looked gutted when he dropped the late catch. That shy at the stumps by Lyons when Rizwan was facing on 99 was pretty cheeky. He had to do it - the crowd would have been devistated if it caused a run out though.

IMG_20220316_235716.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warner is no good on these pitches and never has been
Warner is in decline.

Usman Khawaja has scored more runs as an opener this summer than Warner and old Davey gave him a four test headstart.

EDIT: Warner has only scored two test centuries since 2017, and they were in the same week (against Pakistan in 2019).

Say what you will about Smith not making tons, but 'failing' whilst making 50+ has been pretty bloody valuable.
True - but I couldn’t believe I heard a commentator yesterday say “once he passes 50 he doesn’t often miss”. Time to retire that platitude, I’d say, for a while at least.

McGrath just hit the best 6 ever. Ball hit the foam triangle boundary thingy about 4CM from the ground. If the ball has travelled just 3CM shorter it would have hit the ground first.

Too bad she went out a few balls later.

Lanning's century is holding Australia together. Although not without risk as she was just dropped on the boundary (bonus 4 runs).

Last edited:
Meg Lanning is a wonder. Australian women a long way ahead of second best in this tournament - hope the streak continues and they win it comfortably as they deserve to.
Pretty pleased that the first time we took our kids to the cricket, they got to see Meg Lanning bat.

Australian women a long way ahead of second best in this tournament - hope the streak continues and they win it comfortably as they deserve to.

Oh H2H. What have you done?

The Australian women are cracking their knuckles and mouthing "hold my beer" as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back