Past Coach NMFC Senior Coach - David Noble has parted ways with NMFC

Coaches of the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing to watch is defensive effort and structuring. We averaged 131 points against in 2016 pre-Fagan (epically bad). We brought it in 16 points in Fagan's first year, 22 in his second, and another 14 in his third. In the meantime our offensive output was static across this period until last year, and even then the gain was marginal (80, 85, 83, 90). You're already about where we were after Fagan's second year, factoring in the shorter games. It'll be interesting to see what Noble has in his bag because your big issue looked to be offensively where we never quite as bad as you guys were this year.

Traditionally (Scott tenure) this was a strength so possibly not an insurmountable challenge to revive some semblance of attacking play.

One thing to watch is defensive effort and structuring. We averaged 131 points against in 2016 pre-Fagan (epically bad). We brought it in 16 points in Fagan's first year, 22 in his second, and another 14 in his third. In the meantime our offensive output was static across this period until last year, and even then the gain was marginal (80, 85, 83, 90). You're already about where we were after Fagan's second year, factoring in the shorter games. It'll be interesting to see what Noble has in his bag because your big issue looked to be offensively where we never quite as bad as you guys were this year.

Our midfield was really bad this year. No Cunnington most of the year, no Tyson, no Ziebell for most of the season, young mids in Thomas and Taylor went down, LDU only available for the second half. Polec had to be dropped he was playing so badly, I think we will have a lot more firepower next year.

Funny how things changed. Weeks after stating he was going in a different direction, he's now our Senior Coach.

Is there a sack Noble thread yet?

In all seriousness welcome and hopefully deliver success for the club.

I'm happy with the selection.
Perhaps The NNNNNNNNN Thread?

Because The Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah (hey hey, goodbye), Noble thread probably won't fit. kangatime how long you giving it?

Very happy with this news. He will be our coach for the next decade at least and return us to the top! As one of the first to suggest him on here I'm all in. All aboard the Noble train!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think he's the right coach for the situation out of the three candidates given he's got experience in coaching, football department and list management.
Should be able to ride the wave like we'll have to the next couple years

It’s pretty clear to me.

This is a Brisbane Lions like rebuild in every aspect.

In Fagan’s first year they won 5 games.

In Fagan’s second year they won 5 games.

In his third year they were top 4.

That’s what I’m hoping for and expecting.

I hope and expect to win much more than 5 games next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Past Coach NMFC Senior Coach - David Noble has parted ways with NMFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back