No finals in Melbourne week 2?

Remove this Banner Ad

snapper28

Debutant
Aug 21, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So let me get this right. If Hawthorn beat Sydney and Geelong beat Fremantle (assuming this is how the first week is structured). Then both the interstate teams will host the semi finals at their home grounds? Tumbleweeds through Melbourne week 2.

So let me get this right. If Hawthorn beat Sydney and Geelong beat Fremantle (assuming this is how the first week is structured). Then both the interstate teams will host the semi finals at their home grounds? Tumbleweeds through Melbourne week 2.

Just like how it is going to be interstate in Week 1. isn't it lovely how it evens itself out eventually?

AFL needs to do something about this imo. Freo should play a the G second week of finals so we have something to watch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not like this has not regularly happened in the past :rolleyes:

Big deal. Those sides deserve the semi's in their home states for finishing in the top 4. Don't rule out an upset in the qualifying finals making Hawthorn or Geelong play in a Semi. A lot of people counting chickens before they hatch around here. :rolleyes:

Actually wouldn't be too bad a thing. SF and PF weekends are GF weekends for many local and country leagues, and many of these games draw big crowds, and obviously have two strong teams playing.

Reckon everyone could go local for their footy fix... stand on some grass and drink from a can while watching an entertaining grand final. Impossible not to enjoy, particularly in some of that warmer spring weather.

If people aren't gonna get to any AFL they might go along for a look.

As long as there are finals in Australia and channel 7 and stadium staffs don't strike and Qantas don't ground their fleet we will get to see the footy.
Want finals matches every week in Melbourne and we have to go back to VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

No finals in Melbourne week 2?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back