No GF Marathon on 7 according to Yahoo7.

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Foxtel had the rights only to the ABC coverage of games up until the 90's. That's the footage they've used for the older matches featured in the GF marathon, and when Fox Footy had Finals Fever.

Do Seven even have repeat rights to those games?
I seem to recall five years ago; during the first year of Nine having the rights; the AFL tried to ensure the games were owned by the AFL and not by the original broadcaster. (I can't remember the outcome, but if the AFL won those rights in the courts then Seven would be understandably reluctant to pay to broadcast what they regard as their own material.)

Neither Seven or Ten will have a grand final marathon in the near future as they do not have the rights - Foxtel have exclusive rights to replays of AFL games.

Seven own the rights to everything pre late 80's/1990 (can't remember the exact year, but is somewhere around there), and are free to use that footage as much as and whenever they like.

Foxtel only bought the old ABC archives when they were unable to buy/access the Seven archives.

Checked the Marathon cast of characters last night on the Fox planner. The first granny starts after the AFLPAMVP award on Fox Sports 1.

1965 Essendon v St Kilda
1970 Carlton v Collingwood
1971 Hawthorn v St Kilda
1972 Carlton v Richmond
2006 West Coast v Sydney

Of course this is down to rights but I chose to take it as an omen that none of Geelong's Blight era failures nor Port's flag will be shown during the marathon. :)

regards,

REB

Why would they bother doing what the people want now?

They have consistently shafted the punters throughout this year and they have also consistently shafted the AFL and the brand by their continuous contempt for the supporters of this game.

This is just another example of being governed from the top. Not what people want.

I have called them a disgrace before, and I will do it again.

DISGRACE.:thumbsdown:

Why would they bother doing what the people want now?

They have consistently shafted the punters throughout this year and they have also consistently shafted the AFL and the brand by their continuous contempt for the supporters of this game.

This is just another example of being governed from the top. Not what people want.

I have called them a disgrace before, and I will do it again.

DISGRACE.:thumbsdown:

Hmm, I'd call forcing people to wait until they have a miscarriage in a hospital waiting room a disgrace. This is merely an inconvenience. Sorry dude, I'll be getting off that soapbox now!

regards,

REB

Hmm, I'd call forcing people to wait until they have a miscarriage in a hospital waiting room a disgrace. This is merely an inconvenience. Sorry dude, I'll be getting off that soapbox now!

regards,

REB

Agreed.

But I didnt know we were talking about hospital waiting rooms.

Could swear the thread said " No GF Marathon on 7 according to Yahoo7"

Very sad, that incident.

Maybe you should check for the hospital waiting rooms board, tho. They probably discuss it there.

Remove this Banner Ad

No GF Marathon on 7 according to Yahoo7.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back