no girls allowed???

Remove this Banner Ad

DEES RULE!

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 17, 2000
Half way between heaven and hell!
Other Teams
MELBOURNE DEMONS! :)
recently i was talking to a guy on the net and when i told him that i loved footy and that it was my passion he laughed. when i asked him why he was laughing he pleaded, and i quote: "footy is for guys. all girls do is look at the players, they know nothing about the game and can't possibly share the same passion that guys have for the game".
rolleyes.gif

well after hearing that i immidiatly told him he was a sexist pig, but it also got me thinking how many of u do think that?
not attacking anyone as i dont think many of you feel the same way i would like to the defend the female race by saying this:
footy is not for guys only. guys are not born with a special cell in their brain marked footy therefore girls and guys can and do know the same amount of information about footy. i must admit that some girls do look at the players but they dont follow footy for that... we are not that dumb, we wouldn't support something we hated only coz the people who were involved in it were hot. to the girl's advantage footy is played but guys and some of them are good looking and there is nothing wrong with us having a look and them. guys and girls can share the same passion for footy and in many cases girls can have a bigger passion towards the game when compared to a guy. footy is a game aimed at everyone... young, old, male and female.
what do u think?

------------------
you may not like what i have to say... but i have to say it... so except it or suffer!
GO THE MIGHTY DEMONS!!! :)
#24 forever!

Whilst football used to be for men only due to the culture of the game, the VFL/AFL was smart enough to recognise the valuable roles that females could (and had) contributed to the game. This resulted in greater interest in the game from women, and there is nothing to suggest that women cannot have as good a collective football brain as men do. Of course, having played the game at some level does help in understanding the game, and this may be a problem for women with very few leagues around, but it does no harm, and women supporting football is truly great for the game. I'm sure there are a small percentage of females who only watch football for the guys, but not very many.

Of course footy is for both sexes, but reading some of the things you "girls" post, here and elsewhere I can't help but think your friend is right. Also,the "Spidergirls" of the world do not help your cause.

PS I suggest you read your own post on the Melbourne board. That would be the one with the thought provoking title " Who's your favourite player?" Having seen that I can't believe you are even asking this question here.
------------------
Trample the Weak,
Hurdle the Dead.

[This message has been edited by Carey_is_King (edited 17 January 2001).]

Originally posted by DEES RULE!:
but it also got me thinking how many of u do think that?

Some of the things Bombergirl used to post really did make me think about it. But im not going to agree with it based on one person. Most females on this board i think do have a passion for the game and do in most cases, know their stuff.
You Go Girls!

------------------
"Collingwood forever"

Yeah i think alot of the younger female generation go for a perve,not saying all.But some of those old grannies show as much passion for the game as any supporter.Also don't sit in front of a female with a squeeky voice who likes to yell.

hmmmm well done for defending yourself DEESRULE, i would have done the same. I never perve on the guys, i think it is crap but a hormonal thing for the gals to do so.
I love footy for the skills, the crowd, the game itself. Drooling over players for me is not an option, sure they may look hot but i watch footy for the game, not the bodys.

------------------

I look into your eyes and i say, I see a part of me.
And when you smile, you light the room.
Sorry i have to go away, no please don't misconstrue, i just hope you understand one day, the hardest part was leaving you.

The great thing about the AFL is that it brings everyne together. From the richest doctors and Lawyers, to the unemployed, to the old, to the poor........male or female.

It is the greater binder of the community. There is no reason why a female can't know as much, or more than a male? Why not? If you're interested in footy, it doesn't matter what sex you are.

Although I agree a bit with Carey-is-King. The "spidergirl" types don't help your cause. She doesnt barrack for the teams.....she barracks for the players. I mean she has, like, 4 teams ! She's only interested in having a perv and doesn't care about loyalty, cause she is only interested in the players who she thinks are "cool".

But generally, most of the girls I go to the footy with are there to watch the game.

Originally posted by Dan24:
Although I agree a bit with Carey-is-King. The "spidergirl" types don't help your cause. She doesnt barrack for the teams.....she barracks for the players. I mean she has, like, 4 teams ! She's only interested in having a perv and doesn't care about loyalty

If she doesn't care about loyalty, she should be right up Carey_is_King's alley!
biggrin.gif

lol ripper or maybe up his ass.......
eek.gif

------------------

I look into your eyes and i say, I see a part of me.
And when you smile, you light the room.
Sorry i have to go away, no please don't misconstrue, i just hope you understand one day, the hardest part was leaving you.

i am glad to see many of you dont support such comments made by stupid males.
originally posted by Carey_is_king:
"PS I suggest you read your own post on the Melbourne board. That would be the one with the thought provoking title " Who's your favourite player?" Having seen that I can't
believe you are even asking this question here."
i have read the topic and i dont see a problem with it... the comments some of the girls (including me) make about the players apperance abviously makes you jelous, other wise you wouldn't care what we said. my fave player is not my hero becuase he looks good but because he is a good player and a nice person and the fact that he looks good doesn't hurt.
you are the type of people who sometimes give male the title of being sexist, so get over yourself and except the fact that footballers look better than u!
smile.gif

------------------
there are certain things in this world that will make you angry. what i say might be one of them...
The Mighty Melbourne Demons- Legends of the game!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well if its ok for guys to watch beach vollyball for the tanned girls , tennis (women's tennis) for the small outfits that reveal just about everything and pollvolting for tatyana than i think we have the right to think that some of the players who play afl are good looking!

Originally posted by Carey_is_King:
Of course footy is for both sexes, but reading some of the things you "girls" post, here and elsewhere I can't help but think your friend is right. Also,the "Spidergirls" of the world do not help your cause.

CIK from what u have shown in your short time at bigfooty i must say the spidey has a much better grasp on football than you do

Some of the things Bombergirl used to post really did make me think about it.

Excuse me? I hope you are emphasising used to. In case you haven't noticed, I don't take the bait as easily or as much anymore and certainly don't involve myself in as many posts! Besides, perhaps you didn't see it, but what I usually said was in defence for my passion of the game, as I certainly don't support it just for the guys.
And DeesRule, congratulations on sticking up for yourself....it's about time guys knew that girls are passionate too!

There are some very serious well informed female fans on these boards (RF1 & Bee for example). There are also a couple who are in it for less academic reasons. This applies to male fans as well. There are some guys in here who are not very well informed about football matters but just like the fun loving girls, they found this site because they are footy fans. I am sure that every single person has learnt something in here if they have been here any length of time.

It's true, the less serious fans could learn a lot about the game from these boards but they could probably teach a few of us in here how to relax and not take the game too seriously.

Live and let live.

------------------
mens sana in corpore sano - a sound mind in a sound body

Well said "Dees"

This is the 21st century. Nobody watches sport anymore just for a perve.
Could you please tell that to my wife while I'm watching Anna in action tonight. She just does't believe it from me!!

Just because us females talk about how hot a particular player is, doens't mean that we go to the footy to perve at the players!

Of course i think some of the players are good looking. BUT that doesn't make me less of a supporter OR less knowledgable!!!
tongue.gif

------------------
aka HahnPremium37
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/isdogisgood" TARGET=_blank>
http://www.geocities.com/isdogisgood
</A>

From what I have seen there are some very well informed woman on this board and everywhere else for that matter. You say some posts and topics from the woman show otherwise but then just look at some of the posts and topics put on by the guys, some show even less.

Footy is great for many reasons and one is it is not sexist, well, getting towards it.

Actually for me the jokes on the guys!

but yeh i get so many weird looks carrying my footy on the public transport almost everyday on the way to training..then theres the guys who wont give u an inch of credit for your footy knowledge

ahhh but on the better side i love kickin the guys asses playing footy just ask Nick Davis about that one he has seen me beat all the guys in the handball comps at the shopping centres! not too mention knock back the little advantage they wanted to give me coz im a chick ...grrhhh like i needed it! ahh and Mags do u remember our little kicking comp at Vic Park hahhahah!

Anyway suffer guys the players treat us better!

sPiDeR eVeRiTt and RiCkY oLaReNsHaW
~kewlest players round!!!

I like it when chicks streak at the footy!!

------------------
There are only two kinds of people in this world-COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS,and those who wish they were!
SHITE here comes COLLINGWOOD to kick your ass forever BLACK AND WHITE,ha ha ha jealousy will be the death of you,SHITE!!!!!

A nail-hitting reply as usual Joffa.

What arrogant pricks some guys are. They'd have you believe that if footy was played by 17 - 30 year old female athletes in superb physical condition they wouldn't have a second interest in the sport - what bullshit! Of course the chicks see the guys as guys as well as footballers, but that doesn't mean they love football or their teams any less for it. Come on guys let's not be jealous because the chicks can get more out of the game than some of us guys.

As for the usual Spidergirl bashing whenever this topic is raised, as a pies supporter I have never been able to understand how Spidergirl can follow other teams either, but the simple fact is she can. Get over it.

I bet if I dug through the archives I could find some tennis posts (on a footy board) about Anna K. Does that mean that Anna's presence detracts from guys' ability to appreciate the other aspects of the sport? Of course not - it's bullshit and sexism and it's so blatant that no amount of logic can hide it.

Remove this Banner Ad

no girls allowed???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back