No major sponsor yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe a phone call to John James at Vanguard ... he might have some billionaire clients looking to invest. ;)
That's actually a very good idea. Perhaps email the club Ford just in case they haven't thought of it.
I'm not concerned though. It sounds like a sponsor will be announced by the end of February. The only frustration for me is waiting to buy one or two of the new guernsey's.

If no sponsor comes on board this year what will this mean for us as i am very concerned.:(

I don't understand in a footy state like SA how 2 teams can't flourish though I know from ya'll's comments there is a political side to it, but I was born and bred in Perth and seen both teams here prosper and I mean Freo Dockers if they can do surely we can.

Its entirely feasible that we already have one lined up, but they have a specific date that they want to announce. Maybe the week before NAB Cup, when there is a bit more (national) exposure.

Is it possible that we already have one locked in (secret) and that we are just waiting on another so that there can be a big launch or something?

If we don't get a major sponsor, we are rooted. We're not getting money from match day @ AAMI and sponsorship money is a major source of revenue. That's a lot of Back in Black guernseys and schnitzels at the Port club we'd need to sell to make up for it.

Some professional clubs can get by without a major sponsor, my english soccer team West Brom have recently done it. But they major sources of revenue that we don't have.

If we don't get a major sponsor, we are rooted. We're not getting money from match day @ AAMI and sponsorship money is a major source of revenue. That's a lot of Back in Black guernseys @ schnitzels at the Port club we'd need to sell to make up for it.

Some professional clubs can get by without a major sponsor, my english soccer team West Brom have recently done it. But they major sources of revenue that we don't have.

Id put my fair share of my money in :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the AFL, the biggest gig in Australia....to get a slice of the action sponsors should be all over us like a cheap shirt
I'm worried and if the club is not then it should be.

This is the AFL, the biggest gig in Australia....to get a slice of the action sponsors should be all over us like a cheap shirt
I'm worried and if the club is not then it should be.
Not to mention the fact that we're in a two team town that is obsessed with football. A much better option than a small Melbourne club with little media exposure, who managed to find a deal last year. Not to mention the economic climate looks a lot better for sponsorship than last year did.

I'm still very confident we'll get a deal done because of those factors, but the fact that we haven't managed to get one yet(Or have it announced) is concerning.

Its entirely feasible that we already have one lined up, but they have a specific date that they want to announce. Maybe the week before NAB Cup, when there is a bit more (national) exposure.

I was actually thinking this myself. I mean the longer it goes on the more exposure there will be when we finally get a sponsor and the more goodwill the sponsor will get from the fans.

This is counterbalanced though by the bad press we get by not having a sponsor.

I think if we had one locked they would announce it, unless they are waiting for a second joint partner.

I am just hopeing that some really high up company owner sits down tonight, watches Fox sports 3, sees our grand final, gets inspired, and jumps on the phone right away!

I am hoping that I win lotto tonight and can buy the major sponsorship myself.

I am hoping that I win lotto tonight and can buy the major sponsorship myself.

Should we expect a "Porthos, you were wrong!!" type comment from our coach in a post GF address ? :)

If we win the premiership this year, its pants down and lap around the oval time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back