No more Laird in midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wanted to start this thread because the club and media read BF.

But honestly this guy is now a complete liability, hack kicks, zero intensity and effort, he costs us goals. Should attend no more than 5 CBAs per match and needs to go into defense to learn to defend again, maybe in the SANFL is best.

Does the club actually think Berry couldn't do the job?? He might not be great but he's decent. Plus Rachelle, Taylor, Dowling and Michelanney should be rolling through there.

Nick's needs to stop this BS and hold him and Smith accountable

Sven Kums Buffalo GIF by KAA Gent

Laird's only AFL quality trait at this point is winning contested ball in the midfield. There's no value in having him in defence. If he's not attending CBAs he just shouldn't be in the side.

No issue with trying different things with the rest of the year but realistically for 2025 we need to decide what the midfield mix should look like and if it doesn't include Laird he should be playing SANFL.

Prior to his move to the midfield Laird was pretty good at taking intercept marks across half back but his inability to hurt by foot makes it all seem not worthwhile. Meanwhile Brisbane have Zorko in that role who is lighting it up - if we're not willing to put Rachele in the midfield at all, I don't know why we're not seeing if he could find some form in this seagull role.

Laird was surprisingly good in the first quarter tonight, I’ll give him that.

After quarter time, he was utterly putrid, and we simply cannot persist with this cooked liability of a player, in any role whatsoever.

Some of his defensive efforts are worse than his kicking skills. Doesn’t offer much leadership despite being our oldest player. His only thunder is he get a ton of ground ball (doesn’t even need to bend down!) but handballs to teammates under pressure quite often.

Game has gone so past this guy…..

Dunstall and king went to town on him.

Campo gives him 3 votes as the lone soldier. Absolute Warrior.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back