No North players in Mike's top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Its got up to this far, I presume no North players will be in the top 10 since we had a shitty season this year but still no Hamish McIntosh???? He was in the squad of AA 40 and still can't find it into Mike's top 50:eek:

11. Jimmy Bartel (Geelong)
12. Dane Swan (Collingwood)
13. Paul Chapman (Geelong)
14. Leigh Montagna (St. Kilda)
15. Matthew Boyd (Western Bulldogs)
16. Brendon Goddard (St. Kilda)
17. Ryan O'Keefe (Sydney)
18. Brian Lake (Western Bulldogs)
19. Marc Murphy (Carlton)
20. Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood)
21. Sam Mitchell (Hawthorn)
22. Simon Black (Brisbane)
23. Joel Corey (Geelong)
24. Mitch Clark (Brisbane)
25. Simon Goodwin (Adelaide)
26. Luke Power (Brisbane)
27. Bernie Vince (Adelaide)
28. Craig Bolton (Sydney)
29. Aaron Sandilands (Fremantle)
30. Andrew Mackie (Geelong)
31. Cyril Rioli (Hawthorn)
32. Heath Shaw (Collingwood)
33. Adam Goodes (Sydney)
34. Sam Fisher (St. Kilda)
35. Mark LeCras (West Coast)
36. Jobe Watson (Essendon)
37. Darren Glass (West Coast)
38. Nick Maxwell (Collingwood)
39. Darren Jolly (Sydney)
40. Cameron Ling (Geelong)
41. Alan Didak (Collingwood)
42. Brad Sewell (Hawthorn)
43. Bryce Gibbs (Carlton)
44. Jason Porplyzia (Adelaide)
45. Leon Davis (Collingwood)
46. Dustin Fletcher (Essendon)
47. Lance Franklin (Hawthorn)
48. Daniel Cross (Western Bulldogs)
49. Clinton Jones (St. Kilda)
50. Ryan Hargrave (Western Bulldogs)

it will be another bloody anti climax.......again..........when the king left that was the end of north players (other than Boomer) getting a mention.........

I would think Swallow would walk into any side, even Geelong or St Kilda, if he isn't in the top 50 then his top 50 isn't worth reading.

The report I read had C.Jones at 49. I had a second look, and thought, no way, Chad was playing somewhere else. Realized I was wrong. Corey was the man. Then I thought some more, and thought this must be a VFL top 50, and thought, no way was Corey gonna make that list. Finally I realized another C.Jones had emerged, and IS a fair player in the negating role. Where was Rawlings then. Clearly the next best negator going around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aside form a couple of Eagles (Glass & Le Cras) and Sandilands from Freo, the list is pretty light on from the lower placed teams.

No doubting that a lot of the players listed are a motza for the Top 50. However, there are MANY in there who are riding on the coat tails of their team mates.

Its not a list of the Top 50 players in the comp, but rather a list of who appeared to do well in the winning teams.

Maxwell, Hargrave, Clint Jones.
Quality humour Mike!:thumbsu:

Maxwell in the AA team. Fair to argue he's be in the top 50 after being chosen in the best 18 of the league.

Hargrave- I might be biased but did you actually see him play this year?

Anyways, lists like this never please everybody. They also usually chuck in some questionable calls. Rucci, our hack answer to Victorian footy journalists and experts, put John Anthony in his top 50 at the start of the year.

i thought drew would get a mention above some of that crap, i didnt expect many roos, but the continual efforts of the dish epitomize our club and go unnoticed.

Maxwell in the AA team. Fair to argue he's be in the top 50 after being chosen in the best 18 of the league.

Hargrave- I might be biased but did you actually see him play this year?

Anyways, lists like this never please everybody. They also usually chuck in some questionable calls. Rucci, our hack answer to Victorian footy journalists and experts, put John Anthony in his top 50 at the start of the year.

Hamish McIntosh was nominated for the AA team but is noticeably absent from Mike's list.

Remove this Banner Ad

No North players in Mike's top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back