No North players in Mike's top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

i avoided looking at this for a while cause i knew it was going to be really bad

i wouldnt really have a problem with our players missing out until i saw mitch clark at #24

fast becoming one of the most overrated players in the game

In all seriousness...

at the very very least hamish is equal to him

Maxwell in the AA team. Fair to argue he's be in the top 50 after being chosen in the best 18 of the league.

Hargrave- I might be biased but did you actually see him play this year?

Anyways, lists like this never please everybody. They also usually chuck in some questionable calls. Rucci, our hack answer to Victorian footy journalists and experts, put John Anthony in his top 50 at the start of the year.

Yeah, nah. I reckon I could pick another 20 players outside that list I'd take before Maxwell.
Hargrave is a solid player that I rate, but top 50...not for mine.
Clinton Jones has blown me away with his improvement since leaving the WAFL, but he's still not a top 50 player, as good a tagger as he is.

Hamish McIntosh was nominated for the AA team but is noticeably absent from Mike's list.

I rate H-Mac pretty highly and thought he'd get in. For the sake of argument here, maxwell ended up actually on the field, not just in the nominated squad. Although with a squad of 40 nominee's, you would be hard pressed not to make it into the top 50.

Remember that Sheahan's list is his opinion. Anyone on here could post a competitions top 50 list. Only difference is, Sheahan's is going to be published.

Lol, sorry but i accidentally stumbled across this.
McIntosh was unlucky not to make it, but you may not have noticed but Sheehan does not like ruckman.

Also, anyone being critical of Hargrave, he was in the extended AA squad, had 40 more disposals than anyone at your club, 72 kicks more and would have come 2nd in your marks, maybe do some research before criticising his spot. Also won our Match Committee award.

Also, anyone being critical of Hargrave, he was in the extended AA squad, had 40 more disposals than anyone at your club, 72 kicks more and would have come 2nd in your marks, maybe do some research before criticising his spot. Also won our Match Committee award.
Mate, stats as we all know, are bullshit.

That's not to say Ryan didn't have a good year, but to base his stats on him being a top 50 player is a bit rich.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not to say Ryan didn't have a good year, but to base his stats on him being a top 50 player is a bit rich.

Nah, come on mate, you and I know that's bullshit as Joel Bowden is clearly in the top five players of the last five seasons. :thumbsu:

Mike's lists are heavily weighted towards players who performed in the previous season. You would want to be an elite player to keep your spot after an ordinary season. That doesn't mean we shouldn't have a single player in the 50 in my eyes, but it does explain Mike's thinking.

Ok, ignore that he was on the shortlist for the All Australian squad. And, yes stats arent everything, but, in this case of leading the 3rd place team for kicks would suggest he had a pretty bloody good season.

Another tagger who can't kick?

:( :( :( :( :(

p.s. Greenwood will be just as good a tagger, AND with the ability to hurt teams by foot.

Greenwood has to string a whole season of games together to get the kudos Clinton Jones got. Seen much of his disposal shanked or wasted. Has to do much better if he wants to play A grade each week. As for Clinton Jones, isn't
the most stylish but gets the job done week in week out. :)

Ok, ignore that he was on the shortlist for the All Australian squad. And, yes stats arent everything, but, in this case of leading the 3rd place team for kicks would suggest he had a pretty bloody good season.

Ryan Hargrave is a quality player and possibly should rank ahead of a few others on the list. I'm not going to study the list because I think Sheahan is a w***er.

Anyways, I'm a bit surprised that Dopey Sheahan has even noticed him. If he'd asked Geraaaard Healy he would have said "does he play for the Swannies or the Saints?"

I almost expected it. Its sums up our year. We struggled and had no dominant player. With H in AA contention I thought he may slip in somewhere and if Petrie isn't better than that muppet Maxwell well i'll be fcuked

Greenwood has to string a whole season of games together to get the kudos Clinton Jones got. Seen much of his disposal shanked or wasted. Has to do much better if he wants to play A grade each week.

Huh ??

Levi's disposal is fine. And I doubt a guy who, when given a proper shot, proceeded to towel up the likes of Rich, Judd, Bruce, and Dal Santo, will have much trouble finding favour with the match selection committee.

I dunno, I think I'm going to need one of those cracking Steelers analogies to help me better understand what it is that you're trying to say. :thumbsu:

Huh ??

Levi's disposal is fine. And I doubt a guy who, when given a proper shot, proceeded to towel up the likes of Rich, Judd, Bruce, and Dal Santo, will have much trouble finding favour with the match selection committee.

I dunno, I think I'm going to need one of those cracking Steelers analogies to help me better understand what it is that you're trying to say. :thumbsu:
I'm torn, the wrongness of backing Greenwood on one hand, the wrongness of Woodson on the other...

Remove this Banner Ad

No North players in Mike's top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back