No o'keefe deal done

Remove this Banner Ad

Remind me again why Melbourne won't take him at pick 1 in the PSD?

$$$$$?

Also he could nominate for the draft, couldn't see anyone using a first rounder on him other than possibly Hawthorn. But how would this work regarding salary, does he have any bargaining power by entering the draft? Can he nominate an amount??

If I was West Coast I'd be making some enquiries with O'Keefe's management and as a minimum getting Woosha and our recruiting manager to sit down and have a chat. Yes we had a poor 2008 but with O'Keefe forward along with our senior players back from injury and the quality of the young guns we could be that team that bolts out of the bottom 4 to top 4 next year.

O'Keefe would provide an injection of confidence that could pay big dividends. We have the $$$$ and an opportunity for a serious push for a flag in the next 2-3 years.

F Wirra Hunter McKinnely
HF O'Keefe Kennedy Le Cras
C Staker Pridis Butler
HB Bones Wilkes Embely
FB A Selwood Glass Stengleign

Rucks Cox Kerr Masten

Int Ebert, Lynch, Hurn, Rosa

Depth Nicoski, Seaby, Hansen, Fletcher, S Selwood, Davis, Spanger, McKenzie, Schofield, Notte.........pick 2, 18, 20, 36

Id rather trade him for picks in a year our kids from 07 and 08 wont be challenging for a flag till 2010-11 and I think we could still use a top up of kids in 09 draft. Cox, Glass and Kerr will still be around in 2013 barring serious injury so we can really challenge with them + our kids from 07, 08 and 09 in 2011.

I just can't imagine he would shaft the Swans by going into the PSD. Although he was obvioulsy looking to further his career in Melbourne I haven't heard anything that would suggest his relationship with Sydney has broken down. I'll be shocked if he doesn't re-sign with them shortly.
Why would he be the one doing the shafting? He'd rather play for Sydney than go in the PSD I agree, but Sydney would hardly want him back now. Also, I'm curious as to how you don't think there has been any suggestion of a relationship breakdown. He's spent the last week whoring himself out to clubs, putting ridiculous price tags on his head, saying he'll only go to a Victorian club, saying he'll only go to Hawthorn, and just generally screwing the club around. As a Sydney fan, my opinion of him has not exactly gone up.

Remind me again why Melbourne won't take him at pick 1 in the PSD?

$$$$$?

Also he could nominate for the draft, couldn't see anyone using a first rounder on him other than possibly Hawthorn. But how would this work regarding salary, does he have any bargaining power by entering the draft? Can he nominate an amount??

If I was West Coast I'd be making some enquiries with O'Keefe's management and as a minimum getting Woosha and our recruiting manager to sit down and have a chat. Yes we had a poor 2008 but with O'Keefe forward along with our senior players back from injury and the quality of the young guns we could be that team that bolts out of the bottom 4 to top 4 next year.

O'Keefe would provide an injection of confidence that could pay big dividends. We have the $$$$ and an opportunity for a serious push for a flag in the next 2-3 years.

F Wirra Hunter McKinnely
C Staker Pridis Butler
HB Bones Wilkes Embely

Rucks Cox Kerr Masten

Depth Nicoski, Seaby, Hansen, Fletcher, S Selwood, Davis, Spanger, McKenzie, Schofield, Notte.........pick 2, 18, 20, 36

What about Beau Water?

well sorry mr tedeski.

i was led to believe swans were wanting 16 plus a player, whereas hawks were offering 34 plus two players. i didn't realise 16 on it's own was what they were wanting.

Are you stoopid or something!

Pelchen...............you know him........................said himself that pick 16 was not on the table because then that would leave them with pick 34 being their first pick in the last talent rich draft that wasn't compromised by the new GC team!

So do you actually thjink he'll use that pick on O'Keefe now after saying that?
Doubt it!

He'll stay at the Swans or go to any of last years bottom 6 clubs.
But one thing is for sure.

The Hawks don't want him! He might mess up the imaginary new increased value that the new p'ship players have placed on their own heads.

F Wirra Hunter McKinnely
C Staker Pridis Butler
HB Bones Wilkes Embely

Rucks Cox Kerr Masten

Never mind O'Keefe, WCE will be a power house very very soon. there is some serious talent in that side and on its way in.

Hunter is not a forward. he is a pinch hitter at best. Hansen should of moved on when he had the chance cause i just dont see a place for him. if the eagles got o'keefe i hope hansen enjoys the wafl for 3 years

put it this way there isnt a price that carlton could offer that the eagles wont better provide o'keefe will come to perth. the eagles are very young, you can only have so many kids playing in the same team without some experienced players to guide them. the post judd and cuz era leaves the eagles with quite a bit of cash to play with

Swans will resign ROK for 2 years and then trade him to the new GC17 for a low round draft pick when he is used up and they need experienced players and stuff his aspirations for Melbourne based club especially as he showed his hand on wanting out.

We've got ALOT of money available in the cap but I doubt Essendon will get O'keefe but geez I hope we force him to put a gigantic figure over 4 years on his head for Carlton to get him. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would he be the one doing the shafting? He'd rather play for Sydney than go in the PSD I agree, but Sydney would hardly want him back now. Also, I'm curious as to how you don't think there has been any suggestion of a relationship breakdown. He's spent the last week whoring himself out to clubs, putting ridiculous price tags on his head, saying he'll only go to a Victorian club, saying he'll only go to Hawthorn, and just generally screwing the club around. As a Sydney fan, my opinion of him has not exactly gone up.

He'd be shafting Sydney if he left them & went into the PSD for nothing. I thought that was a pretty straight forward notion. From an outside perspective it has appeared to me that he was trying to get a trade for the club so he could return to Melbourne but I have heard nothing from him or his management that suggested he would simply walk out on the club if no deal was done. Sure the relationship with him & Sydney has been tarnished (and I can understand why fans would be jaded) but I don't believe it has broken down to a point where him re-signing with Sydney shouldn't be the most likely outcome. Did Jude Bolton leave last year? I see this scenario in a very similar light.

My guess is he will re-sign with Sydney for 2 years. He won't go to another club outside of Melbourne so if there is a risk of that in the PSD, he will re-sign.

"Sydney star Ryan O'Keefe is heading for the AFL pre-season draft"

"I said to Ryan (yesterday) 'they (Carlton) better start talking to us otherwise you are going into the pre-season draft" - Paul Roos

Fairly solid indication he won't be re-signing with the swannies

Also, "O'Keefe has made it clear to Swans coach Paul Roos that he wants to go to Carlton"

SOURCE: http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24471785-23211,00.html

Make it clear, if Ryan is available at No1 in the PSD Melbourne WILL take him. The only reason we are sticking to 92.5% of the Salary Cap is because the AFL want us to. The AFL also said if a big name comes along that we can secure then that won't matter and we will still get the AFL hand out anyway.

Make it clear, if Ryan is available at No1 in the PSD Melbourne WILL take him. The only reason we are sticking to 92.5% of the Salary Cap is because the AFL want us to.

Yes they do want you to, this is a requirement as part of the competitive balance fund deal you have with the afl not a simple 'yeah i reckon we can do that'

The AFL also said if a big name comes along that we can secure then that won't matter and we will still get the AFL hand out anyway.

This is a fairly outrageous statement. Source??? It sounds like a fair bit of wishful thinking on your behalf and I would say you have just completely made this up....

3 players on the verterans list hey

like to see how that works :rolleyes:

think it works out by each of the salaries are cut by a third not half, if you had 4 it would be 25% but dont quote me.... or they could do carltons way and pay in cash.......or a job at visy cleaning dunnies for 200k a year:rolleyes:

Yes they do want you to, this is a requirement as part of the competitive balance fund deal you have with the afl not a simple 'yeah i reckon we can do that'

This is a fairly outrageous statement. Source??? It sounds like a fair bit of wishful thinking on your behalf and I would say you have just completely made this up....
I'm not lying, it's true. I can't remember which article i saw it in, i'm pretty sure it was the one where the AFL were saying they were very pleased with Stynes' progress. Or it might be the one that said we were at 100% of the TPP. I'm not too sure ill look for it now....

think it works out by each of the salaries are cut by a third not half, if you had 4 it would be 25% but dont quote me.... or they could do carltons way and pay in cash.......or a job at visy cleaning dunnies for 200k a year:rolleyes:

I thought you were only allowed max 2 listed veterans (who also take up rookie spots) :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

No o'keefe deal done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back