Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Went with Stan sport (simply because 9’s digital channel doesn’t have a ps5 app).

Am not disappointed.

Commentary is decent too, just calling the event.

It’s fairly simple, no? Put different sports on every channel. Use someone else’s feed if you need.

Having the same thing on every channel suggests that not only did they not plan what to do with their coverage, they perhaps haven’t watched the Olympics before. Which is mind blowing. Why would you bother paying for it?

Mind you, predictable given how badly they cover every sport except cricket. I mean, their league coverage is pretty awful and they’ve been doing it for ages.
same, it hasn't bothered me

we already have Foxtel, Netflix and Prime - we don't need another

it's weird seeing so many ads after not watching FTA for years

It’s fairly simple, no? Put different sports on every channel. Use someone else’s feed if you need.

Having the same thing on every channel suggests that not only did they not plan what to do with their coverage, they perhaps haven’t watched the Olympics before. Which is mind blowing. Why would you bother paying for it?

Mind you, predictable given how badly they cover every sport except cricket. I mean, their league coverage is pretty awful and they’ve been doing it for ages.
Indeed. Even the commentary of most of the sports is a rung below. It even makes you question how do they stay in business.

Worth a one month sub then?
Yeah, Full replays and minis on most sports.
Sectioned by day, sport, aussies. Pretty well put together.
Wait until tomorrow, and it will only be the one month.

Is the Stan subscription + $15 to add the sports package.

If watching live, may need to close and reopen the app to refresh the feed is about the only bugbear I've got. But it's a minor gripe, so more of a goblin.

Watched the basketball using the streaming service (9Now?) last night. Much better commentary than the rubbish on FTA by Gaze and co.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to agree that 9 are doing an abysmal job with the Olympics. Only two channels going FTA and 40% of the time it's ads. Give it to Kayo/Fox for ****s sake.

9Now (which is super easy to watch through Foxtel) at least has everything and is much better than their FTA channels. It also seems like 9Now has better picture quality. Maybe Stan is even better again, but 9Now has been good enough for me.

Have watched almost nothing on the 9HD channel. I accidentally switched it on last night and Mark Tubby Taylor was calling the diving as if he was an expert. It was comically bad and I had to switch it off.

Yeah, Full replays and minis on most sports.
Sectioned by day, sport, aussies. Pretty well put together.
Wait until tomorrow, and it will only be the one month.

Is the Stan subscription + $15 to add the sports package.

If watching live, may need to close and reopen the app to refresh the feed is about the only bugbear I've got. But it's a minor gripe, so more of a goblin.
Im getting that on the 9now app on my dTV. All sports covered and Stan commentary outside of the 2 actual 9 channels.
Been really good.

Why the long face? :)

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sadly for me the Great Pav, champion of our club, is a giant NEIGH as a commentator. How can this intelligent, well-educated bloke not realise his standard needs to lift? Never a scintilla of spontaneity, wooden as all getout and infuriatingly committed to an endless series of adjectival phrases, e.g. 'losing his footing', 'ending his run', 'bowing out of the race'.

Just once, Pav, tell us s/he 'lost his footing' or 'bowed out of the race' or 'stormed home'. Just once. Dare ya.

Sadly for me the Great Pav, champion of our club, is a giant NEIGH as a commentator. How can this intelligent, well-educated bloke not realise his standard needs to lift? Never a scintilla of spontaneity, wooden as all getout and infuriatingly committed to an endless series of adjectival phrases, e.g. 'losing his footing', 'ending his run', 'bowing out of the race'.

Just once, Pav, tell us s/he 'lost his footing' or 'bowed out of the race' or 'stormed home'. Just once. Dare ya.
I was really impressed when I saw him. I thought he was polished and natural.

Great if that's how he appeared when you watched him. I've listened to him a lot and invariably been disappointed. Maybe I expect too much of someone I've admired throughout his journey with Freo.
I didn't watch him for ages - it was just him introducing the equestrian. I was happy he got a nice little junket. Overall, the presenters haven't been great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back