Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

you have to admire how she has never given up - she is an inspiration
Imagine being her poor parents? Son brain damaged through BMX and then watching their daughter in Tokyo… when she went down hard, they must’ve been shattered. Heart goes out to them.

Water polo teams have been terrific.

Another raspberry for channel 9 commentators tho… so busy talking about how good the Swedish leader was in the 50m freestyle final today, they missed the Aussie in the outside lane making the big surge (lost by 0.03). Nice call, folks. Really added to the excitement (not)

Imagine being her poor parents? Son brain damaged through BMX and then watching their daughter in Tokyo… when she went down hard, they must’ve been shattered. Heart goes out to them.

Water polo teams have been terrific.

Another raspberry for channel 9 commentators tho… so busy talking about how good the Swedish leader was in the 50m freestyle final today, they missed the Aussie in the outside lane making the big surge (lost by 0.03). Nice call, folks. Really added to the excitement (not)
my son played water polo, so love watching it - unfortunately the men were defeated by Japan

how awesome of another Fox medal, from Noemie :)

Fox Sisters have entered Australian Sporting Folklore when it comes to sporting siblings.

How many others have matched them when it comes to Gold Medals on an individual basis.
Watching those elite athletes race in those little plastic canoes is like watching a drag race when all the wheels have been replaced with shopping trolley wheels, but geez, it’s fun!

Watching those elite athletes race in those little plastic canoes is like watching a drag race when all the wheels have been replaced with shopping trolley wheels, but geez, it’s fun!
A completely different experience to watching those 4-person racing kayaks, which are seriously intimidating. Wow!

Jack Robinson did incredibly well to get silver in the surfing. I thought there was no way he would beat Medina, and gold was taken by a Tahitian local.
So glad a Brazilian never won gold.😂
I've never in my life barracked for USA until today with Tatiana and Marks in the final.
The supporters are lunatics crying foul and threatening violence when they don't win. The poorest nation of sporting fans I have ever seen.

Throw in a whack of Catholicism to make things even worse..

Eagles supporters come across as kindergarteners compared with these sooks.

It's not soccer ⚽ you w***ers 😂

Shame Jack couldn't take it out, silver was pretty good for the boy from Margaret River.
If the waves were more consistent it would have been Jack or Medina for the gold, Gabriel on form..Jack from surfing big desert tubes in Carnarvon most of his life.

Boomers going down in OT to Serbia after being up by as many as 24 points is unforgiveable. Went away from our run and stun game and they got euroball going. Sad for Mills to go out that way, ingles didn't get any court time so why he was picked ahead of thyball, who could at least play defence is bewildering. Thankfully that should.be the end of goorjan as coach - bring on Trevor Gleeson!

Boomers going down in OT to Serbia after being up by as many as 24 points is unforgiveable. Went away from our run and stun game and they got euroball going. Sad for Mills to go out that way, ingles didn't get any court time so why he was picked ahead of thyball, who could at least play defence is bewildering. Thankfully that should.be the end of goorjan as coach - bring on Trevor Gleeson!

Yep Australia weren’t good enough.

But a bit of a side story, seems like Serbia tried to call a timeout when Patty tied the game with 1.4 seconds left. Problem is they had no timeouts. Under the rules, Australia should’ve got the ball and had some free throws. Hasn’t been verified yet but could be a big story. Akin to a missed interchange infringement or the Adelaide non-score review

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Booked last week and this week off work to do some “home renovations” but really all I wanted to do was watch as much Olympics as possible. Just enjoy the games stress free. Sit up till 2am watching some sport I’d never think about.
As a kid I’d bug my mum to let me stay home and watch as much as I could, only 1 or 2 channels back in the 90s. Then I grew up and started working so I’d miss events and be exhausted for 2 weeks trying to follow it through the night. So I’m chuffed I finally get to watch it on my terms. It has this strange nostalgic feeling about it all.

And what a time to do it when Stan roll out full access

Last edited:
Yep Australia weren’t good enough.

But a bit of a side story, seems like Serbia tried to call a timeout when Patty tied the game with 1.4 seconds left. Problem is they had no timeouts. Under the rules, Australia should’ve got the ball and had some free throws. Hasn’t been verified yet but could be a big story. Akin to a missed interchange infringement or the Adelaide non-score review
I did say to my Mrs that should be a tech foul, I saw it happen in an nba game and was called. Wasn’t sure if the rule was the same in fiba.

I've got a friend starting an engineering business. He has a pathological objection to your corporate polo style wear and derides the concept and anyone wearing them (I wear them myself, it saves on ironing, but I forbore to make a big deal out of it). Anyone know of any Perth local businesses that will print up more streetwear style shirts etc. with business logos and names? (like AS maybe, but they are only in Syd/Melb/Bris/Ad obs.).

I had no idea Graham Thorpe, English cricketer died on the 4th of August after committing suicide by jumping in front of a train. He had mental health issues.

Always felt he played cricket like an Australian.
RIP & as always check in on your mates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back