No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised to be saying this, but I'm desperately hoping for a Collingwood vs Richmond grand final. Geelong and GWS are my two most hated teams by a mile, I couldn't stand to see either making the grand final, let alone both

1000 times this. I know people say this and maybe wouldn’t mean it, but I genuinely don’t know if I could watch that game knowing one of them will win the flag.

Toby Green one week suspension for unnecessary eye contact fancy that 🤔

He's going to fight it at the tribunal tomorrow night and I'm sure the AFL will let him off. Gave him the token "suspension" to quieten everything down and will now admit that they don't have enough evidence to make the case stick and their protected love child will be free to play next week. If he tries it again on a Collingwood player next week I hope the AFL have arranged an armored car and police protection for him as he won't leave the ground in one piece otherwise

He's going to fight it at the tribunal tomorrow night and I'm sure the AFL will let him off. Gave him the token "suspension" to quieten everything down and will now admit that they don't have enough evidence to make the case stick and their protected love child will be free to play next week. If he tries it again on a Collingwood player next week I hope the AFL have arranged an armored car and police protection for him as he won't leave the ground in one piece otherwise

Can’t see how he can get off doing the same thing two weeks in a row but maybe your right. Could depend on what the doctor says maybe they should falsify medical report the same way GWS have done against us twice before.

So taking out all bias and anger against him, these are the facts.

He has twice now, after a player is on the ground and already under other players, gone on top of him as well, and put his hands and fingers on their faces whilst they are on the ground unable to defend themselves.

How can anybody dispute that this happened, and that this is both a terrible look for the game and a dog act?

Can’t see how he can get off doing the same thing two weeks in a row but maybe your right. Could depend on what the doctor says maybe they should falsify medical report the same way GWS have done against us twice before.
“I refer you please, your honour, to one Gary Ablett Jnr.”

That’s how

Tom Hawkins and Toby Greene set to appear as contestants on mastermind this week as their schedules
have opened up all of a sudden. Asked for comment Toby Greene said "I was consumed with guilt after
roughing up the angelic Marcus Bontempelli last week so I thought I better behave this week" :rolleyes:

Note to MRP, what he did to Bont was worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure but what reason does he have to be touching a blokes face two weeks in a row ?
Exactly. My question was rhetorical and ironic. Last week they (media, tribunal, AFL, Giants fans) all wanted PROOF that Greene clawed Bont's eyes. (Then dismissed the photographic evidence...) "He barely brushed his face!" they cried. So much evidence ignored - leaping in after the event, hands under the pack (created especially by the other Giants for Toby's work?), doing what ffs?

Surprised to be saying this, but I'm desperately hoping for a Collingwood vs Richmond grand final. Geelong and GWS are my two most hated teams by a mile, I couldn't stand to see either making the grand final, let alone both

I'd actually really enjoy a Richmond versus Collingwood grand final. For me, both teams embody the magic of football - something that nested in my imagination when I was a kid and has captivated me well into adulthood. I'm a Bulldog through and through, and always will be, but I do respect both of these 'big teams' and their contribution to what has made this the greatest game in the world. I also don't mind the latest incarnation of either team - lots of good players who go about their footy in the right way, IMHO. If they play off for the premiership, I will be genuinely transfixed to the tv - riding every bump and probably getting a bit emotional along the way.

Now, if Geelong make it...well, it;'s not the worst thing in the world, but I'll be a bit 'meh' in comparison. Perhaps because we've been schooled by the Cats for the best part of fifteen years, and we haven't been able to buy a finals win against them.

Which brings me to the GWS. I hate to invoke the old Plough Wallace 'spew up' line again, but I may just be physically ill if that contrivance of a football club win the flag. They embody everything that I don't love about football these days. They are football as a business case. They are football as a feasibility study. They are football as a manufactured outcome. They are football as an unearned sense of entitlement. They are football without humility. They are football with the biggest police line-up of genuinely unlikable sociopaths and thugs that I have ever seen. I am absolutely genuine when I say that, if GWS make it, I won't watch it. It's my infinitesimal protest in the grand scheme of things and, by itself, will make no difference at all to the AFL's bottom line. But as a personal and peaceful protest, it is just something I gotta do.

Can't he just say "it wasn't as bad as last week" and they'll change their mind.

The MRP are simply the puppeteers of the AFL. Great Waste of Space seem to have been given the green (pardon the pun) light to do anything as the darling babies of the comp.

I heard a snippet of This Sporting Life this morning. Gavin Robertson (GWS - Community Liaison Officer) was on. When Peter Donegan suggested that GWS will never top the NRL's supporter base in that area, Robertson told Donegan that he was wrong. Robertson said "And do you know why? Because we attract families to our games. It's a picnic blanket and kids environment. You go to an NRL game and there's mainly males and it's a rougher environment."

I'm sitting there gobsmacked at such hypocrisy in the light of Greene and his track record - you REALLY want to encourage youngsters to play a sport like he does and tell them it's ok?

A statement of blatent spin. I can only assume the media are either dumb or cronies for not calling a spade a spade in the whole Greene saga.

Everyone is focusing on Greene's despicable action and not on this pic taken by the same guy who took Tayla Harris' kicking pic. Perfect timing yet again... :p

The MRP are simply the puppeteers of the AFL. Great Waste of Space seem to have been given the green (pardon the pun) light to do anything as the darling babies of the comp.

I heard a snippet of This Sporting Life this morning. Gavin Robertson (GWS - Community Liaison Officer) was on. When Peter Donegan suggested that GWS will never top the NRL's supporter base in that area, Robertson told Donegan that he was wrong. Robertson said "And do you know why? Because we attract families to our games. It's a picnic blanket and kids environment. You go to an NRL game and there's mainly males and it's a rougher environment."

I'm sitting there gobsmacked at such hypocrisy in the light of Greene and his track record - you REALLY want to encourage youngsters to play a sport like he does and tell them it's ok?

A statement of blatent spin. I can only assume the media are either dumb or cronies for not calling a spade a spade in the whole Greene saga.
He is spot on and it’s not spin. They do an incredible job with the kids. It’s pretty much a day at the fair. They give away loads of tickets and memberships to children, that drags the parents along and you know what they say, wow this is so much better than NRL from a family perspective. Their strategy is on point and succeeding. It’s just a shame that the children are given the examples of unsportsmanlike behaviour that they are served up. Let’s hipe they imitate Callan ward more than Toby Greene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back