No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or have Geelong had an incredibly soft draw for a team who made a preliminary final last year? Couldn't believe, when I checked, that tonight's game was their second versus North. And that they play WC for a second time in the final round. Of the current top nine teams, they play only St Kilda twice. With their solitary games vs Brisbane and Freo played on their own dung heap. Season 2022 has mapped out very nicely for them.
Yeah they've done incredibly well for a top 4 finishing side. Only 2 double-up games against finalists from 2021, being us and Port who've both dropped off a lot. They also get double ups against last year's wooden spooners, plus West Coast and St Kilda. It was already an easy draw to begin with but made even easier given all 5 of their double ups have done considerably worse than last year except St Kilda. Without mentioning their usual huge home ground advantage.

Is it just me, or have Geelong had an incredibly soft draw for a team who made a preliminary final last year? Couldn't believe, when I checked, that tonight's game was their second versus North. And that they play WC for a second time in the final round. Of the current top nine teams, they play only St Kilda twice. With their solitary games vs Brisbane and Freo played on their own dung heap. Season 2022 has mapped out very nicely for them.
Every year they get a soft draw, played Essendon twice in 2016.

Cats will falter as always when it counts. Though I like Brad Close, wish we had him.

And three out of the four last games at Cat Park.

Yeah they've done incredibly well for a top 4 finishing side. Only 2 double-up games against finalists from 2021, being us and Port who've both dropped off a lot. They also get double ups against last year's wooden spooners, plus West Coast and St Kilda. It was already an easy draw to begin with but made even easier given all 5 of their double ups have done considerably worse than last year except St Kilda. Without mentioning their usual huge home ground advantage.

And...not that I'm in the habit of feeling sorry for North, but I would be questioning why the wooden spooner should have to double up against a top four team from the previous year. Hardly seems fair.

And...not that I'm in the habit of feeling sorry for North, but I would be questioning why the wooden spooner should have to double up against a top four team from the previous year. Hardly seems fair.
Why shouldn’t they have to? I thought the ladder was essentially split 1-6, 7-12, 13-18 and every team doubles up against 3 teams from its same group and 2 teams from the other groups. Seems reasonable to me.

Rory Lobb about to kick for his 3rd in the first quarter.

And he hooks it badly.

And three out of the four last games at Cat Park.

Yet another reason to feel it is just not our year - the cats fixture demonstrates how inequitable the draw can be. Until all sides play each other twice , there is some luck involved.

We have not had much luck this year from an injury and draw perspective.

Yes - if we are good enough it shouldn’t matter what the draw is and what injuries we have , but in a very even competition, injuries and draw are a major factor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yet another reason to feel it is just not our year - the cats fixture demonstrates how inequitable the draw can be. Until all sides play each other once, there is some luck involved.

We have not had much luck this year from an injury and draw perspective.

Yes - if we are good enough it shouldn’t matter what the draw is and what injuries we have , but in a very even competition, injuries and draw are a major factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best game from a KPF/2nd Ruck since Wayde Skipper kicked 5 goals on Matty Scarlett
star wars GIF

Had a mate who I trust tell me that there’s a disconnect between the seniors and reserves at north. The place is for the tip.

Pretty surprised Darcy Moore didn't tear ligaments after that hyperextension!

Why shouldn’t they have to? I thought the ladder was essentially split 1-6, 7-12, 13-18 and every team doubles up against 3 teams from its same group and 2 teams from the other groups. Seems reasonable to me.
They would never do that! If one of those groups contained the following: Collingwood/Carlton/Essendon/Geelong/Hawthorn/Richmond.
It means each of these teams could only play 3 others of these twice. This doesn’t maximise the profits for the AFL

They would never do that! If one of those groups contained the following: Collingwood/Carlton/Essendon/Geelong/Hawthorn/Richmond.
It means each of these teams could only play 3 others of these twice. This doesn’t maximise the profits for the AFL
I’m pretty sure it is actually done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back