No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

What concerns me is if we win both games, we will be playing Hawthorn as they won't lose their last 2 games.. we will probably finish 6th and them 7th

Thats a free hit to them with nothing to lose. The pressure is on us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What concerns me is if we win both games, we will be playing Hawthorn as they won't lose their last 2 games.. we will probably finish 6th and them 7th

But Iā€™d much rather the Hawks at the G rather than playing interstate. Shaping to be the only final in Melbourne so 90K+. Terrific experience and we can deal with it.

Tomorrow first.

Zac Butters 42 touches. Come home Zac. We'll set you up with a nice house in Willi, a late model Mercedes van with low km, and all the Mission corn chips you can eat!
Heā€™s such a gun. Skill, pace, aggression with a bit of mongrel, tackles hard, and one of the best side steps in the game. Would give up plenty for him in a heartbeat.

The options are looking like us vs Hawthorn at the G, vs Brisbane at the Gabba or miss the finals completely. Iā€™m happy with Hawthorn, thats a game we should win still.

The options are looking like us vs Hawthorn at the G, vs Brisbane at the Gabba or miss the finals completely. Iā€™m happy with Hawthorn, thats a game we should win still.
If we are 6th and Hawks 7th, we might play at marvel as it would be our home game

If we are 6th and Hawks 7th, we might play at marvel as it would be our home game

Has to be at the MCG because itā€™ll be the only game in Melbourne. But almost certainly would anyway, they arenā€™t locking out 30-40k fans

Edit: This is what was said in an article about Geelong hosting a final at GMHBA

ā€œThe contract the AFL has with the MCG stipulates that if there's only one final in Victoria in weeks one, two and three, it must be played at the MCG. Victorian preliminary finals must also be played at the MCG with a contract to 2059 for an MCG Grand Final.ā€

ā€œUnder the terms of the MCGā€™s contract with the AFL, any finals games in the first two weeks of the finals ā€“ the qualifying, elimination and semi-finals ā€“ with an expected crowd of 55,000 or more must be played at the home of football, the MCGā€

Last edited:
Certainly can make an argument week 1 if we earn the right to play at Marvel considering we play there mostly but ultimately the MCG is where it is at during finals and you have to play there to win the flag.

I think we should play all our finals at the MCG, itā€™s just unfair that we never get to play there during the season. Played more games at the Adelaide Oval than the MCG this season

The crazy results makes me so pissed we threw away a golden opportunity to finish top 4.

But that said, a wide wide open race for the flag.
Youā€™re not wrong, but every side in the top bracket has blown games inexplicably. We arenā€™t alone. I always assumed weā€™d drop one or two from the last stretch but never figured weā€™d barrel Carlton, Geelong, Sydney and Melbourne and lose to Adelaide.

Itā€™s a funny spot to be in. We now look likely to win 13 or 14 which we would have taken every day of the week at round nine, yet winning 13 wouldnā€™t even guarantee finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back