No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to admit though - playing first up against Melbourne who were already second game in - was a stitch up. Never happened in VFL/AFL history before.

And the Lions getting 2 byes before we even got one should never have happened either.

AFL do not care about the integrity of the competition.
On top of that, giving Melbourne a 10-day break after their opening game.

We started our season a week later than 8 teams, who got the extra bye ... but started it on a Sunday, which means that we did have a break of at least 8 days until our round 7-8 break.

Melbourne's advantage of being battle-hardened might have been cancelled out if they were forced to front up again after 6 or 7 days, and had some knocks or soreness. They were able to recover from them with the 10 days.

Other teams played their first games against teams playing their second, but at least they were getting them off a 6 or 7 day break.

Jack Viney just played Norf like a fiddle.

Deepest sympathies on your club's sad news this morning with the passing of Sam Landsberger.

Rest in Peace Sam

5 week ban for Houston. Means he misses all of finals and any potential grand final. It could also mean he has played his last game for the Power.
I’d like to see week 2 of the finals count as a game towards suspensions for players from all of the top 4 teams even if they win the qualifying final in week 1.

Houston misses the full finals series now no matter what, but if the ban was only 4 weeks then the idea that he potentially would/wouldn’t miss a Grand Final based on whether his team wins/loses in week 1 just seems a bit silly to me.

I get that for weak acts like Houston no-one really cares, but in the current climate when you can get yourself a 2-3 week suspension in the final round from a dangerous tackle without malice and mostly based on the outcome (does anyone really trust Libba wouldn’t have got himself 2+ weeks if Wardlaw had a minor concussion) then I think it’s appropriate.

Ben Brown has retired.

Shai Bolton wants a trade to WA.

Petracca has had meeting with the club to discuss his "frustrations".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard on the news a few days ago the AFL are thinking of auctioning off finals to the highest bidding states is there any truth in that?

I heard on the news a few days ago the AFL are thinking of auctioning off finals to the highest bidding states is there any truth in that?
They were talking about the possible wildcard rounds, similar to gather round.

Very embarrassing week for the Adelaide footy club. I don’t reckon I’ve seen a club more out of touch than them with the Rachele stuff.

I’d be absolutely filthy with the club if they handled some of the Weightman stuff in years gone by like this.

Voss just said that Curnow is not playing.

I think most people over rated their win against the Eagles, who are a very poor football team, and that the Saints are a real chance to beat them
If they're already declaring he's not playing they shouldn't have bothered naming him on field last night

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back