Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Rankine is clearly our elite, goal kicking midfielder, but I wasn’t allowed him… anyway, this whole discussion is weird.
He's right though, Dawson and Rankine don't play like Sheezel.

Rankine is classy ball user and goal kicker, Dawson is a tall elite ball user, but neither can accumulate like Sheezel while maintaining their class

Our midfield would be unbelievable with Sheezel in it and he's exactly the type we need to complement what we've got

Huh, David Mackay in the Hawthorn coaching box

He's right though, Dawson and Rankine don't play like Sheezel.

Rankine is classy ball user and goal kicker, Dawson is a tall elite ball user, but neither can accumulate like Sheezel while maintaining their class

Our midfield would be unbelievable with Sheezel in it and he's exactly the type we need to complement what we've got
Rankine is a line breaking, goal kicking and highly skilled midfielder that can win his team a game in a half of footy. He’s still getting his 25-30 touches and killing opposition with it. Sheezel is that goal kicking mid for North, but obviously doesn’t have the speed of Rankine (not many do).

If you’re comparing the roles they play, how are they not the same?

Sheezel could be a top 10 player in the comp, Rankine can be top 3 (and was for a fair period this year already before injury).

Rankine is a line breaking, goal kicking and highly skilled midfielder that can win his team a game in a half of footy. He’s still getting his 25-30 touches and killing opposition with it. Sheezel is that goal kicking mid for North, but obviously doesn’t have the speed of Rankine (not many do).

Sheezel could be a top 10 player in the comp, Rankine can be top 3 (and was for a fair period this year already before injury).

Im biased but I'd take Rankine over Sheezel all day long.

Rankine has elite pace, skills and goal sense.... Those traits are extremely hard to fine.

Huh, David Mackay in the Hawthorn coaching box
Has to know something about foity to play 200 games with the body of a 15 year old.

I can see Lachie Murphy being in the coaching system once retired. Hopefully 2025.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rankine has elite pace, skills and goal sense.... Those traits are extremely hard to fine.
Both are elite, but as I said, Rankine can be a top 3 player in the comp, Sheezel a top 10-20. Hopefully we can draft another type of mid with that quality this year.

Rankine is one of the best players in the league. Arguably top 3. Which is an amazing feeling because he plays for us. But Sheezel is nothing like Rankine in the way he plays. What I said was that a Sheezel type mid is the exact midfielder I think we need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is one of the many things wrong with AFL. How on earth can this be Hawthorn’s 3rd game in 18 years in Geelong?
I had to check twice when I saw the Hawks were actually playing in Geelong! I guess that’s what happens when you finish bottom few a couple of years in a row

Rankine is one of the best players in the league. Arguably top 3. Which is an amazing feeling because he plays for us. But Sheezel is nothing like Rankine in the way he plays. What I said was that a Sheezel type mid is the exact midfielder I think we need.
What is a Sheezel type mid?

Well Rankine has only ever had 30 disposals once. He just doesn't get as much of the ball as Sheezel, which is fine.

If we had a ball winner like him of that class, no one would be complaining about our midfield mix

I don't think anyone is suggesting replacing Rankine with Sheezel

We need to add a Sheezel type to our midfield, to replace the Laird/Crouch/Berry types

Soligo when he has fully build his tank? Both have footy smart and not slow in the first 10-15m, is only averaging 70-75% TOG right now.

Don't get me wrong I'd love a Sheezel type mid for our team 100%

I was just saying as a pure player V player comparison (IE could only take one) - I'd still take Rankine :$

More midfield class we can get the better.... Hoping that gets fixed (somewhat) this draft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back