Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine being a reasonable first 18 walk up start Gold Coast player...

Get paid ~$700K+, be virtually anonymous down at Surfers Paradise etc whenever you want, have almost 0 scrutiny win/lose/draw from supporters or the local media, kick back on the beach in warm weather most of the year...

No wonder professional sporting teams there go through the motions...

Honestly... Willy Wonka would even be jealous of that level of Gold Pass...

Yep.

even someone like Rory Atkins must be loving it, 5 years, 500k, only having to play magoos, he really must pinch himself.

Would love to know what he thought of Luko’s ‘effort’ today….
Absolutely picks and chooses when he wants to play well or put in any sort of contest with his opponent. I wonder if playing in front of actual crowds and having more scrutiny back home would see his best, or if he enjoys the easy lifestyle too much.

Poort will have a week of backslapping and high fiving saying 'they're back' whilst proclaiming Sir Ken of Hinkley as the next coaching messiah.

Ripe for the picking for the Suns next week coming off a stinging loss.
Port had their 'win for Ken' last week against the Saints and then bullied a team at home that is usually horrible away. Suns do what Port do at home by bullying middle of the road to shit sides (exception was Collingwood) and lose to all teams away.

I have to disagree. They got their response for Kenny game out of their system. The heat will be off Ken this week from the media. Expect them to phone it in next week.
Their losses aren't about heat in the media.

Just that they are not good enough against better team, but spank bad ones.

GWS, Carlton, Brisbane better than them.

Saints, Lyon turned it into a scrap.

Bulldogs, flat track.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Their losses aren't about heat in the media.

Just that they are not good enough against better team, but spank bad ones.

GWS, Carlton, Brisbane better than them.

Saints, Lyon turned it into a scrap.

Bulldogs, flat track.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

VFL media coach scrutiny will ratchet up again on Bevo this week...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hogan takes a great contested mark at 50, Greene then selfishly demands it in the pocket and they turn it over. Carlton then walk it out and have since kicked 2 goals.

Carlton walking it out the centre like we did last week too. Horrible to watch.

Carlton are getting more than maximum return from some of their players this year. The likes of Williams, Boyd, Fogarty, Cottrell, Cincotta, Fantasia, Cowan, Kemp, Owies. Would anyone get excited about any of those players if they were linked to the Crows in a trade ?? I doubt it. Then they've got the role players in Kennedy, Newmann and Acres. That's more than half a side. Hard to believe they are going as well as they are.

Terrible coaching by Beveridge today. Butters and Rozee allowed to do what they like. The Bulldogs also don't work back hard enough to defend. Played exactly into Port's hands.

I have always thought Port will finish in the top 8 but a big chance for top 4 with the pressure off.

Carlton are getting more than maximum return from some of their players this year. The likes of Williams, Boyd, Fogarty, Cottrell, Cincotta, Fantasia, Cowan, Kemp, Owies. Would anyone get excited about any of those players if they were linked to the Crows in a trade ?? I doubt it. Then they've got the role players in Kennedy, Newmann and Acres. That's more than half a side. Hard to believe they are going as well as they are.

So many premierships are won with a few elite players. The rest need to do their role. Richmond probably don't win a flag without Dusty let alone three.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Back