List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

This trade gets a D from me. We have traded in a 29-year-old who will play in a peripheral position that we should be using to develop young players. If the plan is to replace Murphy with ABN, that D would become a C- but we know this will not happen given how fixated Nicks and his band of losers are on 0 goals Murph.

FAIL
This is a horrible take

My mate who works at the Dees is "totally bummed to lose him"

Reckons we've done very well to get him

Take that for what it's worth
Feels like he’s their Keays - heart and soul guy, puts in 110% effort every week, and is a damn effective fwd-half role player, to boot

That said, different type of role player to Keays, which works well for us

Feels like he’s their Keays - heart and soul guy, puts in 110% effort every week, and is a damn effective fwd-half role player, to boot

That said, different type of role player to Keays, which works well for us
Being so close to retirement his main role will be giving financial advice to the younger players.

Yeah my mistake. The 29-year-old should be an important player when our premiership window opens in 2025.

If he was 25/26 or younger next year I would be giving this trade a B or B-.
He makes us a lot better side if he’s replacing Murphy and his complete lack of impact

He probably has 3 or 4 years left in him, it allows us to put someone that’s more than competent in that pressure HF role for a few years, whilst we find a younger replacement

It’s not an A+ recruit of course, but it’s certainly something we should be happy about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mate who works at the Dees is "totally bummed to lose him"

Reckons we've done very well to get him

Take that for what it's worth
How well we've done depends on what we have to give up to get him.

Given his age, if it's anything more than a third rounder (and I suspect it will be more than a third rounder) then I'd rather have taken it to the draft. He'll be retired by the time we're contending.

Melbourne fan here

Club needs some work no doubt, but I wouldn't have thought a Crows fan site would be drinking Cornes/Purple's bathwater about the state of Melbourn; Gawn, Viney, ANB, Lever (remember him), Melksham, Rivers, Trac (regardless of current controversy) are great leaders for Melbourne, losing Brayshaw was a kick in the guts though. ANB first raised a trade months ago in private and got burnt with the news recently, there is no angst there at all, but hey if you want to snort Melbourne's a bin fire garbage from the media go for it. We've won more games over the last 4 years than any other team bar Brisbane but we have a flag. Do you think that sustained performance really comes from being the Shakespearean tragedy narrative given by talk back radio?

ANB is a role player, no doubt, one of the things he does is all his own defensive work, and about 16km of running a game to cover Trac's defensive obligations, freeing him up to be in more dangerous positions (I'd be dark if I was Trac, because ANB literally rides shotgun for him every game) Our club has some challenges, but ANB is king of the 1%, sets awesome training standards, is a truly lovely bloke to talk too, no FIGJAM or false modesty in the media. You guys are getting a great deal. There was a time about 5-6 years ago where his disposal was iffy, but since '21 he has continually improved, like a Barossa shiraz, rare to see a mature player continue to grow in terms of execution, and don't be surprised if he is still running like De Castella at 35, he's from the Daniel Cross school of fitness. To give you an idea I rate losing ANB on a par with Brayshaw. BTW Kozzie has committed clearly to 3 more years at Melbourne Port is getting didly.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back