Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony being is that Carlton could be knocked out of the 8 in the next two rounds. :rainbow:

Carlton play Collingwood this week and it is Pendlebury’s 400th game.

Carlton then play Hawthorn @ G, well good luck with that as well.

Carlton should win the last two but you never know. If they lose to both Collingwood and Hawthorn then top 4 is out.

And if the above happens and Port split their last two games (win against us and Melbourne but lose to Sydney and Fremantle) they can miss the 8 with a 14-9 record!

The unknown in all this is are Sydney on a big slide (much like us in 2006).

Now in relation to top 4 - Brisbane, Geelong and Western Bulldogs are in the box seats.

Brisbane have St Kilda (A), GWS (H), Collingwood (A) and Essendon (H)
Geelong have Us (H), Fremantle (A), West Coast (H) and St Kilda (A)
Western Bulldogs have Melbourne (A), Us (A), Kangaroos (H) and GWS (@ Ballarat)

Even Hawks are a chance for top 4 with GWS (A), Carlton (H), Richmond (H) and Kangaroos (H).

Last edited:

Sydney are running into the issue where they are playing like shit, but have played so few players this year they don't have heaps of AFL ready depth to replace some out of form/injured players

Similar issue to us in 2017
Rumour has it, Sydney has been undergoing a heavy training load preparing for September. :think:

Much like the Crows have done since 2017. :$

Carlton play Collingwood this week and it is Pendlebury’s 400th game.

Carlton then play Hawthorn @ G, well good luck with that as well.

Carlton should win the last two but you never know. If they lose to both Collingwood and Hawthorn then top 4 is out.

And if the above happens and Port split their last two games (win against us and Melbourne but lose to Sydney and Fremantle) they can miss the 8 with a 14-9 record!

The unknown in all this is are Sydney on a big slide (much like us in 2006).

Now in relation to top 4 - Brisbane, Geelong and Western Bulldogs are in the box seats.

Brisbane have St Kilda (A), GWS (H), Collingwood (A) and Essendon (H)
Geelong have Us (H), Fremantle (A), West Coast (H) and St Kilda (A)
Western Bulldogs have Melbourne (A), Us (A), Kangaroos (H) and GWS (@ Ballarat)

Even Hawks are a chance for top 4 with GWS (A), Carlton (H), Richmond (H) and Kangaroos (H).
Surely Geelong and Doggies have the best run there

Just saw this on C7 news

Geelong star Tyson Stengle taken to hospital after nightclub incident​

The 25-year-old was unresponsive in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Sydney are running into the issue where they are playing like shit, but have played so few players this year they don't have heaps of AFL ready depth to replace some out of form/injured players

Similar issue to us in 2017
Papley out will be their biggest problem. He is massive to their game plan. Heeney, Warner, Papley, in that order. Keep them contained or even half contained and it makes them gettable by any team committed to relentless pressure, and after our last game that counts us out of course.

They've lost 4 out of their last 5. When teams have been up and running for the entire season to date and then drop a few games, the 'training hard' rumours are always the go-to excuse. But the sudden realisation that they're not invincible can get inside a team's collective mindset and suddenly all the previous confident razzamatazz goes out the window. I've never seen them play as hesitant nor 'nervous' football as of late this season.

If we were in the running I'd much rather play them now than any other time this season even though you'd reckon they'd be spewing mad and champing at the bit to get back on track.

Last edited:
Papply out will be their biggest problem. To Sydney that's the equivalent of missing 3 players.
Port kissed on the d**k with no Papley to deal with.

“This is scary for the rest of the competition,” Hoyne told SEN's Sportsday.
“Just when you thought Sydney are just about complete, this guy (Papley) has just taken his game to another level over the last six weeks, and is absolutely flying.

“In the last six weeks, only Errol Gulden has been involved in more scores across the competition than what this guy has.“His ability to win contest inside the forward 50 is top 10 in the competition, and he's kicked 14 goals across his last (six) matches as well.

Port kissed on the d**k with no Papley to deal with.

“This is scary for the rest of the competition,” Hoyne told SEN's Sportsday.
“Just when you thought Sydney are just about complete, this guy (Papley) has just taken his game to another level over the last six weeks, and is absolutely flying.

“In the last six weeks, only Errol Gulden has been involved in more scores across the competition than what this guy has.“His ability to win contest inside the forward 50 is top 10 in the competition, and he's kicked 14 goals across his last (six) matches as well.

I hadn't realised those stats when I posted. Wow, that's even more influential than I thought.

Then after having more of a think about it I added some more stuff before seeing your reply.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like Jake Kelly's dad could be in a spot of bother

Collingwood is facing a fresh racism scandal, with chief executive Craig Kelly accused of joking about putting a “live f***ing possum” in a special room for Indigenous players and calling an Aboriginal elder a “dumb old bitch”.

In explosive court documents, Kelly is accused of a series of racial slurs and physical assaults by the club’s former head of First Nations strategy Mark Cleaver, a “Palawa person” who was engaged by the Magpies in the wake of the 2021 “Do Better” crisis.

In addition to the accusations of Indigenous slurs, Mr Cleaver claimed that Kelly also joked about sending a photograph of a ‘Free Palestine’ sign to a Jewish colleague to wind her up.

During a meeting the need for a “cultural room” was raised, it is alleged in the documents. “We need to get this cultural room launched, (Collingwood president) Jeff (Browne) has been on my arse about it,” Kelly is alleged to have said.

Mr Cleaver told him: “The next step is to go through all the cultural artefacts, with Leon Davis to decide what goes in the room.”

The documents then assert: “Mr Kelly picked up a marngrook (a ball made of possum hair used by Indigenous peoples in Victoria) that was on the desk and said ‘I don’t give a f*** what you put in there, put this shit in there’ and forcefully threw the marngrook at Mr Cleaver.

“The marngrook hit Mr Cleaver, which humiliated them and caused them pain because of the paresthesia caused by their multiple sclerosis.

“Mr Kelly continued talking and said ‘I don’t give a f*** if you put a live f***ing possum in there, just get Jeff and Jodie (Sizer) off my arse’.

Ms Brewer is alleged to have responded by saying: “Great one, Ned (Kelly), that’s not culturally safe.”

The documents state that Kelly then “laughed”, prompting Ms Brewer to comment “not appropriate”.

Kelly is alleged to have then said: “I know it’s inappropriate.”

They also detail how Collingwood met with Indigenous support group Dardi Munwurro on March 18, with the organisation claiming it had not been paid $500,000 promised from CGU sponsorship funds after the “Do Better” racism scandal.

After Kelly said he really cared “about our Indigenous people”, documents assert Indigenous elder Aunty Carol Thorpe said “you don’t say ‘our’, we don’t belong to you”.

As they drove from the meeting in Kelly’s car, the documents allege that the club chief asked: “Who was that old bird?”

After Mr Cleaver told him it was “Aunty Carol” – the wife of Dardi Munwurro chief Alan Thorpe – he claimed: “Kelly laughed and said ‘That dumb old bitch was really angry but I got her to come around’.”

“As they drove back to Collingwood’s office … a free Palestine sign was painted on a building. Mr Kelly said ‘quick take a photo of that, send it to Galit and watch her go off’,” the documents allege.

Kelly was referring to Galit Yaary, who is Collingwood’s executive general manager for people and culture and is Jewish.

It is further alleged in the documents: “About halfway back to the office, on or about High Street or Hoddle Street … an Asian lady was walking across the road nearing the middle of the road. Mr Kelly swerved the car so it passed close by her, yelled “statistic” and laughed.”

In another exchange in his car on March 18, Kelly is alleged to have said to Mr Cleaver: “Why do you need to use google maps? I assume your people can navigate with their eyes closed.”

Earlier during that trip, Mr Cleaver – who documents detail is gay – alleges Mr Kelly told him “we are taking my car; it’s a real man’s car”.

When Mr Cleaver joked that he thought Kelly “flew by helicopter”, he said the club chief called him a “dickhead” and “jabbed” him “forcefully in the shoulder” causing him “to fall backwards”.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/collingwood-ceo-in-bombshell-new-racism-scandal/news-story/8c4eb2e5fbd59d485b83e0de7fdc72f7

Last edited:
It is further alleged in the documents: “About halfway back to the office, on or about High Street or Hoddle Street … an Asian lady was walking across the road nearing the middle of the road. Mr Kelly swerved the car so it passed close by her, yelled “statistic” and laughed.”

Craig Kelly is 58 years old, but you wouldn't think so after reading this part

screenshot_20240729_195604_facebook-jpg.2062901
The neighbours usually pop in every now and again on here.

Here is a link for them if they wish to purchase the "fine" jewellery by Connor. :$

Collingwood is facing a fresh racism scandal, with chief executive Craig Kelly accused of joking about putting a “live f***ing possum” in a special room for Indigenous players and calling an Aboriginal elder a “dumb old bitch”.

In explosive court documents, Kelly is accused of a series of racial slurs and physical assaults by the club’s former head of First Nations strategy Mark Cleaver, a “Palawa person” who was engaged by the Magpies in the wake of the 2021 “Do Better” crisis.

In addition to the accusations of Indigenous slurs, Mr Cleaver claimed that Kelly also joked about sending a photograph of a ‘Free Palestine’ sign to a Jewish colleague to wind her up.

During a meeting the need for a “cultural room” was raised, it is alleged in the documents. “We need to get this cultural room launched, (Collingwood president) Jeff (Browne) has been on my arse about it,” Kelly is alleged to have said.

Mr Cleaver told him: “The next step is to go through all the cultural artefacts, with Leon Davis to decide what goes in the room.”

The documents then assert: “Mr Kelly picked up a marngrook (a ball made of possum hair used by Indigenous peoples in Victoria) that was on the desk and said ‘I don’t give a f*** what you put in there, put this shit in there’ and forcefully threw the marngrook at Mr Cleaver.

“The marngrook hit Mr Cleaver, which humiliated them and caused them pain because of the paresthesia caused by their multiple sclerosis.

“Mr Kelly continued talking and said ‘I don’t give a f*** if you put a live f***ing possum in there, just get Jeff and Jodie (Sizer) off my arse’.

Ms Brewer is alleged to have responded by saying: “Great one, Ned (Kelly), that’s not culturally safe.”

The documents state that Kelly then “laughed”, prompting Ms Brewer to comment “not appropriate”.

Kelly is alleged to have then said: “I know it’s inappropriate.”

They also detail how Collingwood met with Indigenous support group Dardi Munwurro on March 18, with the organisation claiming it had not been paid $500,000 promised from CGU sponsorship funds after the “Do Better” racism scandal.

After Kelly said he really cared “about our Indigenous people”, documents assert Indigenous elder Aunty Carol Thorpe said “you don’t say ‘our’, we don’t belong to you”.

As they drove from the meeting in Kelly’s car, the documents allege that the club chief asked: “Who was that old bird?”

After Mr Cleaver told him it was “Aunty Carol” – the wife of Dardi Munwurro chief Alan Thorpe – he claimed: “Kelly laughed and said ‘That dumb old bitch was really angry but I got her to come around’.”

“As they drove back to Collingwood’s office … a free Palestine sign was painted on a building. Mr Kelly said ‘quick take a photo of that, send it to Galit and watch her go off’,” the documents allege.

Kelly was referring to Galit Yaary, who is Collingwood’s executive general manager for people and culture and is Jewish.

In another exchange in his car on March 18, Kelly is alleged to have said to Mr Cleaver: “Why do you need to use google maps? I assume your people can navigate with their eyes closed.”

Earlier during that trip, Mr Cleaver – who documents detail is gay – alleges Mr Kelly told him “we are taking my car; it’s a real man’s car”.

When Mr Cleaver joked that he thought Kelly “flew by helicopter”, he said the club chief called him a “dickhead” and “jabbed” him “forcefully in the shoulder” causing him “to fall backwards”.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/collingwood-ceo-in-bombshell-new-racism-scandal/news-story/8c4eb2e5fbd59d485b83e0de7fdc72f7

How many people was he trying to piss off with all the racist, sexual taunts? The only one he didn’t cover was misogyny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back