Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is woke?
Technically woke means awareness of social inequalities such as racial injustice, sexism, and denial of LGBT rights. Basically you can admit you personally are aware that inequalities are happening right now in society. But it's been hijacked by right wingers who use it as a slur against the left any time anything progressive is mentioned in a political sense.

Technically woke means awareness of social inequalities such as racial injustice, sexism, and denial of LGBT rights. Basically you can admit you personally are aware that inequalities are happening right now in society. But it's been hijacked by right wingers who use it as a slur against the left any time anything progressive is mentioned in a political sense.
I find it incredible everytime I hear someone call someone else 'woke' like it's a criticism.
Imagine caring about someone other than yourself! Horrible woke agenda.

It's even lamer hearing Australians sprouting the right wing American nonsense.

Interesting to hear calls for Collingwood to be stripped of premiership points if the allegations are proven.
Sounds reasonable in theory - except that the VFL will wait until Collingwood are out of finals contention, strip them of points and award them pick 1.
Lol - I really think it's just attention seeking parrots spruiking this nonsense

Also, Fremantle have Collingwoods first round pick this year

And from memory Collingwoods first pick in this years draft is actually Melbournes second round pick

Hard to see the AFL gifting a first round pick to Fremantle at the expense of Richmond (or maybe North for that matter)

Lol - I really think it's just attention seeking parrots spruiking this nonsense

Also, Fremantle have Collingwoods first round pick this year

And from memory Collingwoods first pick in this years draft is actually Melbournes second round pick

Hard to see the AFL gifting a first round pick to Fremantle at the expense of Richmond (or maybe North for that matter)
Never underestimate the level of corruption of the VFL :D

If the AFL could investigate our staff and ban them for tanking right away that would be fantastic
I thought you were upset because they weren't tanking, winning both the St Kilda and Essendon games.

Make up your mind!

I thought you were upset because they weren't tanking, winning both the St Kilda and Essendon games.

Make up your mind!

We're clearly not tanking, but maybe in our attempts to not tank, we have actually underperformed to the level the AFL would class it as tanking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're clearly not tanking, but maybe in our attempts to not tank, we have actually underperformed to the level the AFL would class it as tanking
You should be in Paris, competing in the Gymnastics. That's a triple backflip, tucked in the pike position.

** I have no idea if that's even possible, or if it even makes sense.

Interesting to hear calls for Collingwood to be stripped of premiership points if the allegations are proven.
Sounds reasonable in theory - except that the VFL will wait until Collingwood are out of finals contention, strip them of points and award them pick 1.
Freo have their 1st rounder :)

They'll follow the Dean Bailey playbook. Wait for Craig Kelly to resign / get sacked by Collingwood, then we'll hire him, then they'll strip us of premiership points for his remarks made while at Collingwood :p

Probably take our first pick, too, to make sure we don't get pick 1 out of it :p

Actually come to think of it, Dean Bailey wasn't suspended for tanking, it was for "acting in a manner prejudicial to the interests of the competition"

Surely some of our staff could be banned for that. Anything? Please AFL, help us out
We probably have VAFL plants at AFC, as we are performing just as they would like... ;)

It just occurred to me that this would be a new way for the AFL to give us a whack - fine a club that has traded us one of their picks, so we lose the pick.

Don't think that's happened to us yet, so it's just a matter of time.
If we were bottom, I would agree... but Richmond look good for pick #1, so VAFL won't take their #1 pick.

That call was made by the complainants legal team, surely they shouldn't be concerning themselves with AFL competition penalties. Sounds like Kelly is a fair dinosaur and likely racist, but not sure it's likely to be proven that any workplace laws have been breached. Sounds more like old mate has an axe to grind after being terminated and has failed with Fairwork and VICPOL efforts. And now has the ambulance chasers on the job.

That call was made by the complainants legal team, surely they shouldn't be concerning themselves with AFL competition penalties. Sounds like Kelly is a fair dinosaur and likely racist, but not sure it's likely to be proven that any workplace laws have been breached. Sounds more like old mate has an axe to grind after being terminated and has failed with Fairwork and VICPOL efforts. And now has the ambulance chasers on the job.
Absolutely could be the case.
Could also be that Collingwood made many promises after the last bout of racism allegations and haven't actually come through with them. The guy in charge then acts like a dinosaur, the guy they brought in complains and then gets pushed out.

To be honest it needs to be investigated. The smell around Collingwood is too much for it to be left to them to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back