Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely could be the case.
Could also be that Collingwood made many promises after the last bout of racism allegations and haven't actually come through with them. The guy in charge then acts like a dinosaur, the guy they brought in complains and then gets pushed out.

To be honest it needs to be investigated. The smell around Collingwood is too much for it to be left to them to figure it out.

When I read about the possum event, what I saw is a CEO frustrated at lack of progress for a deliverable and he's the one copping the flack from above. I don't see anything inherently racist or illegal in how that event has been explained. He's effectively saying, 'I don't care, just get it done, you're the effing expert getting paid to make it happen'.

Re the investigation, I'm fairly confident of Collingwood having dotted its I's and crossed its T's and not breached the law. Terminating someone who's made a separate complaint is not an easy decision to arrive at. But everyone is entitled to begin action like this, I just don't see it being successful or Collingwood rolling over much further given they failed to come to an agreement at a FWA conciliation level.

Craig Kelly sounds like a knob and someone who would sail very close to the edge, but it's a high performance industry not a government dept or NGO. If he performs his CEO role at a high level and upsets some people along the way without breaching the law, then he's likely to be valued by those that employ him. Wouldn't last 2 minutes at our club or the AFL itself, no doubt about that. Although, the AFL doesn't mind the odd cheque and NDA solution.

When I read about the possum event, what I saw is a CEO frustrated at lack of progress for a deliverable and he's the one copping the flack from above. I don't see anything inherently racist or illegal in how that event has been explained. He's effectively saying, 'I don't care, just get it done, you're the effing expert getting paid to make it happen'.

Re the investigation, I'm fairly confident of Collingwood having dotted its I's and crossed its T's and not breached the law. Terminating someone who's made a separate complaint is not an easy decision to arrive at. But everyone is entitled to begin action like this, I just don't see it being successful or Collingwood rolling over much further given they failed to come to an agreement at a FWA conciliation level.

Craig Kelly sounds like a knob and someone who would sail very close to the edge, but it's a high performance industry not a government dept or NGO. If he performs his CEO role at a high level and upsets some people along the way without breaching the law, then he's likely to be valued by those that employ him. Wouldn't last 2 minutes at our club or the AFL itself, no doubt about that. Although, the AFL doesn't mind the odd cheque and NDA solution.
He'd get promoted in AFL house.
In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up there after being forced out of Collingwood...

I’m pretty sure the millions he has haven’t come by playing polite

What is woke?
Happy to use

“Technically woke means awareness of social inequalities such as racial injustice, sexism, and denial of LGBT rights”.

Why is the CEO smart ?

If the AFL as an entity is aware of any above mentioned inequalities and do nothing, the Hawthorn saga and this one with Collingwood will be a drop in the ocean compared to what would be coming.
If “The woke mob” as I suspect are those pushing the AFL into massive cash outlay to safeguard from litigation then absolutely they are a massive threat to the game financially. And needs to be discussed at board level right behind concussion.

If Mostyn is upset with him using “Woke” fine, if Kelly speaks in front bar language doesn’t mean he is wrong .

I went to school with Kelly. He's a good bloke. Personally I find it a bit hard to believe he's said or behaved in the way that's been outlined.

Seems to be a considerable amount of context missing in what's been reported to date

When I hear or see someone use the term woke I just assume they have no real idea what exactly their grievances are and who to blame for them apart from the generic “loony left”. It’s the most mind numbing term, I’m sure the very same people were outraged by halal accredited food a decade ago which they have now forgotten about because campaigners like Alan Jones, Hansen and Murdoch don’t push it anymore in order to stay relevant.

Good to see the Vic media is up to usual tricks - Tom Barrass is contracted to the end of 2027 - but they are talking about him going to Hawks.

If he wants to go then if I’m a West Coast I’d be asking for two first round draft picks and Hawks pick up his contract.

Good to see the Vic media is up to usual tricks - Tom Barrass is contracted to the end of 2027 - but they are talking about him going to Hawks.

If he wants to go then if I’m a West Coast I’d be asking for two first round draft picks and Hawks pick up his contract.
I know that Battle would come without a trade as a free agent. But Barrass is a vastly superior player

It is further alleged in the documents: “About halfway back to the office, on or about High Street or Hoddle Street … an Asian lady was walking across the road nearing the middle of the road. Mr Kelly swerved the car so it passed close by her, yelled “statistic” and laughed.”

Aside from the obvious inappropriateness of the alleged act, the Doppler effect makes words spoken from a moving car unintelligible anyway. I've never understood anything said by anyone from a car moving at more than running pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is further alleged in the documents: “About halfway back to the office, on or about High Street or Hoddle Street … an Asian lady was walking across the road nearing the middle of the road. Mr Kelly swerved the car so it passed close by her, yelled “statistic” and laughed.”

Aside from the obvious inappropriateness of the alleged act, the Doppler effect makes words spoken from a moving car unintelligible anyway. I've never understood anything said by anyone from a car moving at more than running pace.
I'm assuming the allegation comes from someone else in the car, rather than the alleged racism victim.

I'm assuming the allegation comes from someone else in the car, rather than the alleged racism victim.
Why would this incident be called alleged racism ?
Isn’t it being a xxxx head for swerving a car at a human being ?
I would suggest any racism came from the person describing the lady as “Asian”

Fact : a police officer was reprimanded when in prosecution evidence he described a group of men as indigenous
rather than just a group of men. And required to go through an education process.

Fact : a police officer was reprimanded when in prosecution evidence he described a group of men as indigenous
rather than just a group of men. And required to go through an education process.
That could get him fined an educated these days as well

That could get him fined an educated these days as well
It was only a few months ago. The magistrate was scathing and very Clear.
In this car case I find it ironic that someone claims racism whilst being technically racist

Last edited:
It was discussed on SEN this morning, my understanding from what they discussed was more Indigenous commentators and those from "minority" groups.
But only if they are the best qualified to do the job regardless if their skin colour, religion or sexual persuasion surely? (and yes there are some pretty basic types currently commenting so that best qualified bar might actually be quite low)

It was discussed on SEN this morning, my understanding from what they discussed was more Indigenous commentators and those from "minority" groups.
From the tweet it is saying the AFL are telling the tv stations to do so - isnt that on Fox and 7?

I mean less Brian Taylor and more Binaro Tealero might work

I think there is space for 7 and Fox to move into with Special Language channels as there is in the US ie Spanish Language baseball coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back