Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming that's what it means, but I'm no expert. Mutineer ?
My understanding is only if he has indigenous heritage and is from our NGA country zones and that doesn't include metropolitan based players unless the AFL change the zones to include the SA Metropolitan zone. So at this time it's a definite No.

Is that the one that’s touted as a potential top 10?
How’s he even in our NGA anyway?
Obviously because he plays for a SANFL club within our SANFL zone, each AFL club has been zoned 4 Metropolitan SANFL clubs.

Unless the AFL changes the rules re zones as in including Metropolitan zones it means squat.

Obviously because he plays for a SANFL club within our SANFL zone, each AFL club has been zoned 4 Metropolitan SANFL clubs.

Unless the AFL changes the rules re zones as in including Metropolitan zones it means squat.
Lauchie Jones was a WWT junior yet was select NGA for PA. The rules are not totally clear and seem to favour certain teams.

Is it just me or are port in deflect deflect mode today?

Oh but a crows supporter racially vilified Rioli!

Oh but our mascot got punched.

Don't get me wrong awful things to do but it's their MO.
I would not be surprised if its a BF poster. Some of our posters that go on their board need help.

Explosion Reaction GIF

I thought the current rules were you can’t match a bid on a NGA player within the top 40, but the AFL were thinking(already have?) of rescinding that - Garry Lyon was having a sook on the Demons missing out on Mac Andrew only for the AFL to change the rules back a few years later.

I thought the current rules were you can’t match a bid on a NGA player within the top 40, but the AFL were thinking(already have?) of rescinding that - Garry Lyon was having a sook on the Demons missing out on Mac Andrew only for the AFL to change the rules back a few years later.
Getting a 10 player at a discounted point score sucks. even for F/S. It should be at minimum equeal points.

Never forget they made up a racist comment about Paddy Ryder when the Eddie Betts banana incident happened

There’s NGA where any SANFL kid with talent can be a part of our development squad

We only get special rights to indigenous kids from remote areas or kids born overseas. We got Borlase because he was born in Egypt.

Sounds like Port are trying to rig it to get Cochrane by fishing for indigenous roots but not sure how the remote part of it gets ticked off.

Not sure why they’re bothering. They can just pull a Horne Francis on the kid anyway.

I thought the point of Indegenous academies was to give a kid a chance they woukd otherwise not have access to. A pathway to the AFL where one was never there before.

Not to suddenly find out about your Indegenous heritage at 46 years of age and play that card even though your kid has every advantage in making it to the AFL.

I wonder how the kid who Cochrane's son pushes out would feel.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agree lol thought the same when i heard it, I think we even did it with rankine. an anonymous insult from someone on the internet 99% of players have thick enough skin to not give it a second thought, unless you're eddie betts and want some attention

agree lol thought the same when i heard it, I think we even did it with rankine. an anonymous insult from someone on the internet 99% of players have thick enough skin to not give it a second thought, unless you're eddie betts and want some attention
What the **** are you on about? Eddie copped some pretty serious shit and still does.

There's a pretty big difference between sledging and what Ed was pointing out goes on, far too much.

What the **** are you on about? Eddie copped some pretty serious shit and still does.

There's a pretty big difference between sledging and what Ed was pointing out goes on, far too much.
i think eddie sees it as a way to have a career after footy tbh and you're a little naive about it. even his wife acting as stengle's agent is a bit dodgy. it's been spoken about by many people within aborigional welfare that the "gatekeepers" make a career of campaigning on superficialities that really don't matter at the grassroots whilst getting a nice salary from it, I think eddie probably falls into that category campaigning about anonymous abuse from the internet

Also on 5aa there was this hilarious obviously planted caller who rang in to say how great the port fans were and congratulations to the club.

David King just mentioned that Brisbane's biggest issues are in the coaches box.

Surely it hasn't taken him until now to work this out, it's been obvious for at least three years that Chris Fagan is a mediocre coach.
Chris Fagan reminds me of Hinkley, Neil Craig and Ross Lyon. Good enough to make finals but don't have that edge of premiership-winning coaches (I get that both Fagan and Lyon have come within a kick of a flag but the point still stands - if you're really good you'll win the granny comfortably).

i think eddie sees it as a way to have a career after footy tbh and you're a little naive about it. even his wife acting as stengle's agent is a bit dodgy. it's been spoken about by many people within aborigional welfare that the "gatekeepers" make a career of campaigning on superficialities that really don't matter at the grassroots whilst getting a nice salary from it, I think eddie probably falls into that category campaigning about anonymous abuse from the internet

When it comes to racism I wonder if those calling it out publicly are actually achieving the desired goal.

The best quote I have ever heard that describes those who just crave the infamy and reaction came from Michael Caine in Batman 'The Dark Knight' and I think it actually rings true here.

“Some men and women aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. They simply want to watch the world burn.”

Thats what I think is going on here. The more they call it out, the more it attracts low life individuals looking to get under Eddies skin and the public infamy of doing so. These people probably arent even racist, they just know someones weakness and are playing on it. Its basically trolling for the reaction and Eddie gives it to them.

From all my observations of all the BLM movement, the taking of the knee, all the racism and inclusion messages and education, we still have racists. The only conclusion I can draw is these people love the reaction. They probably arent even racist. They just love to prey on the weakness of others like keyboard warriors who thrive on abusing others.

Edit Not likely. . Power and GWS likely meet in one of the qualifying finals. The location is all that needs to be determined with likely AO for the scum
As we saw last year, GWS have that good 'anyone, anywhere, any time' attitude, so playing Port at AO shouldn't be an issue. I guess they're used to not having a home crowd advantage because their crowd simply does not exist.

The AFL are scared of suspending anyone for a grand final. They don't want the legal issues.
But anything less than 4 will be an utter disgrace and completely indefensible. It should be 6 weeks. Of course we know that the AFL have zero consistency.

It's a big test for the AFL. Are they really serious about concussion and sniping, or only when it suits them?

It's also a test for our club. After the McAdam and Rankine bans, if a soft ban is given here, we should be going apeshit. And doing it publicly. We should call out the hypocrites at AFL house.
Wanting star players available for the grand final ... but Houston plays for a non-Victorian club. Decisions, decisions.

Had this been round 2 or even round 15 Port wouldnt have said anything. But now we have the media, Port all rushing to try and defend Houstons character, not for the benefit of the supporters or even Houston himself, but for the own selfish need to have him available deep in finals. Its kind of pathetic. Where is Houstons remorse? has he publicly apologised to Rankine and his family. Rankine looked remorseful from the moment it happened. Houston only looked remorseful later when sitting on the bench. Obviously dawning on him about finals. But he has shown very little in the carefactor towards his opponent.

This brings me to the roughing up of opponents. That look is rubbish and inconsistent with the game. Whats the difference between push and shove in a melee to players pushing and bumping into other players off the play?

Hands down the AFL should punish any player who bumps or pushes an opponent when the ball is not in play. If they did that at the beginning of the game, players would get on with the game. It would probably reduce fan anger too.

There’s NGA where any SANFL kid with talent can be a part of our development squad

We only get special rights to indigenous kids from remote areas or kids born overseas. We got Borlase because he was born in Egypt.

Sounds like Port are trying to rig it to get Cochrane by fishing for indigenous roots but not sure how the remote part of it gets ticked off.

Not sure why they’re bothering. They can just pull a Horne Francis on the kid anyway.
I completely disagree with these academies existing. The draft was such a good equalisation measure and the AFL has *ed with it. Higher-finishing clubs should get worse draft picks and lower-finishing clubs should get better draft picks - end of story.

When it comes to racism I wonder if those calling it out publicly are actually achieving the desired goal.

The best quote I have ever heard that describes those who just crave the infamy and reaction came from Michael Caine in Batman 'The Dark Knight' and I think it actually rings true here.

“Some men and women aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. They simply want to watch the world burn.”

Thats what I think is going on here. The more they call it out, the more it attracts low life individuals looking to get under Eddies skin and the public infamy of doing so. These people probably arent even racist, they just know someones weakness and are playing on it. Its basically trolling for the reaction and Eddie gives it to them.

From all my observations of all the BLM movement, the taking of the knee, all the racism and inclusion messages and education, we still have racists. The only conclusion I can draw is these people love the reaction. They probably arent even racist. They just love to prey on the weakness of others like keyboard warriors who thrive on abusing others.
honestly when I first heard people complaining about internet abuse I thought yes and? it's like it's the first time they'd been on the internet or something. when money is involved have be sceptical of the motivations and eddie and his wife has shown a tendency to follow where there is most of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back