Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely disagree with these academies existing. The draft was such a good equalisation measure and the AFL has *ed with it. Higher-finishing clubs should get worse draft picks and lower-finishing clubs should get better draft picks - end of story.

We know why it came to existence. The AFL was worried about GWS and Gold Coast losing drafted players so they created the academy system. After clubs complained about this unfair advantage, the AFL allowed bidding. The Clubs didnt like it because the points system was a joke, so rather than ditch the academy program, they held firm and allowed all clubs to have academys.

I agree with you on this. I think the AFL should go back basics. I dont think the Academy system even makes better footballers as to me anyway, its merely an exercise in smoke and mirrors. Clubs only use it to get exclusive access to talent purely for nothing more than living in a region. It is unfair.

Going to be more and more cases in the next few years.

Think the AFL is going to have to look at compensatory draft picks for forced medical retirements.

They get a draft pick already. If we allow this then we may as well allow compensation picks for ACL injuries. Its the luck of the draw. There is less concussion issues in todays game than 20 years ago. We just notice it more because of the hysteria around concussion and the concussion protocols. Half the players who are subbed off with concussion would have come back on and we wouldnt have thought twice about it.

i think eddie sees it as a way to have a career after footy tbh and you're a little naive about it. even his wife acting as stengle's agent is a bit dodgy. it's been spoken about by many people within aborigional welfare that the "gatekeepers" make a career of campaigning on superficialities that really don't matter at the grassroots whilst getting a nice salary from it, I think eddie probably falls into that category campaigning about anonymous abuse from the internet
You can **** right off with that apologist bullshit.

When you see the number of players this is happening to and then see Houston attack a guy in a way that is designed for nothing but to seriously injure the guy, the AFL should be hitting him with a 10 week ban.
I know it sounds ridiculous and over the top, but it's going to be what is needed.

agree lol thought the same when i heard it, I think we even did it with rankine. an anonymous insult from someone on the internet 99% of players have thick enough skin to not give it a second thought, unless you're eddie betts and want some attention
This is a terrible take. You need to take a good hard look at yourself.

When you see the number of players this is happening to and then see Houston attack a guy in a way that is designed for nothing but to seriously injure the guy, the AFL should be hitting him with a 10 week ban.
I know it sounds ridiculous and over the top, but it's going to be what is needed.
The tactic enabled Port to get a Top 4 position by them winning the game with a thuggery act.

AFL needs to send a message.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hall, Jonas and another all copped big whacks ( for big whacks) and we hardly see them anymore

Players learn real quick

Is it just me or are port in deflect deflect mode today?

Oh but a crows supporter racially vilified Rioli!

Oh but our mascot got punched.

Don't get me wrong awful things to do but it's their MO.
I thought the exact same thing when reading the 'Tiser this morning. Front page full of Rioli being vilified and the Port Power mascot getting punched in the nose. Nothing about Houston.

Port Power win in the PR deflection games.

Attachments

• Advertiser.jpg
    Advertiser.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 22
I thought the exact same thing when reading the 'Tiser this morning. Front page full of Rioli being vilified and the Port Power mascot getting punched in the nose. Nothing about Houston.

Port Power win in the PR deflection games.
To their credit, they are very good at it.
It's obvious but it works.

My question is - is there any footage of this punch on the mascot?
Was the person a teenager or a kid? Port supporter?

Very thin on details.
Im calling BS.

Its AO, there is not only AFL coverage of the entire ground, there are security camera's everywhere.

If there was any vision, Port would have spread it across the media in the last 48 hours. There is no vision, because it likely never happened.

They're saying the mascot thing was a kid. If so, no doubt not thinking there's a person in there, their nose is right there not to mention it's a big spongey head and they've probably hit it playing around cos it's the "stupid Power" and got it right in the mesh part they look through.

Yet there's headlines like Power mascot ATTACKED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back