Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

David King brought up JHF on First Crack talking about how opposition players are getting under his skin.

They showed the two free kicks he gave away and said that once opposition players know you're gettable like that it will happen every week.

They also showed Ken trying to talk to him but JHF wouldn't look at him.

His attitude and lack of mental composure are definitely his Achilles heel as a player.
Saw him at Unley a couple of weeks ago with friends when we played South. Port reserves were playing at the same time at Prospect. By itself there’s no problem with it, he’s free to do what he wants but if he’s not performing onfield Port supporters will turn on him pretty quickly.

Zac Merrett driving around in a $420,000 Ferrari (courtesy of a dandoesfooty insta story)

I guess if you have the cash, use it!

David King brought up JHF on First Crack talking about how opposition players are getting under his skin.

They showed the two free kicks he gave away and said that once opposition players know you're gettable like that it will happen every week.

They also showed Ken trying to talk to him but JHF wouldn't look at him.

His attitude and lack of mental composure are definitely his Achilles heel as a player.

Its not like the old days where you can hurt your opponent. JHF is not a tough player and their is no way they any player would be intimidated by a hot head clown. He needs to concentrate on learning his game.

Zac Merrett driving around in a $420,000 Ferrari (courtesy of a dandoesfooty insta story)

Que up Essendon salary cap investigation, bloody absurd money to spend on a car, better off buying a city apartment and renting it out as the car will only depreciate over time

Que up Essendon salary cap investigation, bloody absurd money to spend on a car, better off buying a city apartment and renting it out as the car will only depreciate over time
He probably already has sound investments, if hes a rev head why not spoil yourself, he’s earned it.

Saw him at Unley a couple of weeks ago with friends when we played South. Port reserves were playing at the same time at Prospect. By itself there’s no problem with it, he’s free to do what he wants but if he’s not performing onfield Port supporters will turn on him pretty quickly.

People will argue that he can do what he wants in his spare time, but I don't think the optics of things like that are great.

If he's going to SANFL games then he should really be going out supporting his current teammates at the Maggies. A consummate professional wouldn't be out with mates watching opposition clubs, he'd be with his current teammates trying to do everything they could to help them to improve and develop.

I know Port supporters will try and claim it's nothing, but deep down they know that JHF preferring to be out watching his mates play at South Adelaide instead of supporting his current teammates is something that would have never been tolerated back in the halcyon days at Port.

Last edited:

Tv Show Reality GIF by Endemol Beyond

People will argue that he can do what he wants in his spare time, but I don't think the optics of things like that are great.

If he's going to SANFL games then he should really be going out supporting his current teammates at the Maggies. A consummate professional wouldn't be out with mates watching opposition clubs, he'd be with his current teammates trying to do everything they could to help them to improve and develop.

I know Port supporters will try and claim it's nothing, but deep down they know that JHF preferring to be out watching his mates play at South Adelaide instead of supporting his current teammates is something that would have never been tolerated back in the halcyon days at Port.
Yep, which is my point. It’s a fine line, personally I have no issue with it but he leaves himself open to criticism and subsequent pressure…although he’s had a shitload of that already and dealt with it pretty well for a young kid. It’s something that a muck raker like Kane would bring up publicly about a non Port player but never JHF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, how hard is it to keep your gob shut?

I get the feeling this has been way more common in prior years and only this year are they actually starting to take action

There's no way it's gone from 0 incidents last year to multiple this year out of the blue

Its not like the old days where you can hurt your opponent. JHF is not a tough player and their is no way they any player would be intimidated by a hot head clown. He needs to concentrate on learning his game.

That's always been the biggest worry with him IMO

It's all good and easy when Port are flying, but with things getting tougher down at Alberton and things not coming quite as easy as they were that's when JHF psyche will really be tested.

It's been evident from when he was at North that there's some discipline issues there with him mentally, the tougher things get at Port and the more pressure they're under the more I think he'll be prone to these types of brain snaps.

He's just a very immature little boy. He will grow up one day, some just take longer than others.

I get the feeling horne isn't even happy at port. Comes across as being a slave to his step dad. In the politest way possible he needs to be told f!@k what your dad wants, what do you want.

Was quite odd to see him there, well from a supporters lens, I would hope he wouldn’t be allowed to set foot inside the club again, but appears to have been some forgiveness.

It’s business after all now. Eyebrow raising that Port would allow him to fly to and from Perth after playing yesterday?

Our players don't even have to attend training if they need to pick up the kids. Surely the odd interstate trip for your interstate recruits would be much more normal.

Our players don't even have to attend training if they need to pick up the kids. Surely the odd interstate trip for your interstate recruits would be much more normal.

The senior players/those with families at WCE also have had a lot of flexibility with things like that (kid’s activities and the like).

Players now miss games for weddings and events.

Clubs are trying to ensure the workplace for the players are as friendly and flexible with what goes on a lot of industries now.

MRO bullshit once again.

Bedford with a routine tackle on Taranto that unfortunately hits his head into the ground. 3 weeks.
Cameron with a pretty hard tackle on Duggan but a football act, concusses him, 3 weeks.

Alex Davies goes low and slams his shoulder into Jones head on purpose and takes him out, only 3 weeks!
Rosas Jnr runs past Evans and elbows him in the back of the head on purpose and only gets 1 week!?!?!?!?!?!

MRO bullshit once again.

Bedford with a routine tackle on Taranto that unfortunately hits his head into the ground. 3 weeks.
Cameron with a pretty hard tackle on Duggan but a football act, concusses him, 3 weeks.

Alex Davies goes low and slams his shoulder into Jones head on purpose and takes him out, only 3 weeks!
Rosas Jnr runs past Evans and elbows him in the back of the head on purpose and only gets 1 week!?!?!?!?!?!
I can't stand Charlie but 3 weeks for that?! That in itself is insanity but then an off the ball elbow only being 1 week makes you wonder what we're even doing here.

MRO bullshit once again.

Game Show Fox GIF by SpinTheWheel

MRO bullshit once again.

wtf he only got a game? It’s a joke that the ourcome of concussion as a result of a football incident cops less than an off the ball hit that could have resulted in a concussion but didn’t.

The AFL are ****ing morons ruining the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Back