Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll get flamed but for someone having a lovely leg he sure misses a lot of targets.

Is it gameplan? Players running to the wrong spots? Poor connection between the mids and forwards?

Or is his accuracy by foot over rated.
I reckon the data is giving a misleading result with this stat. Dawson is elite at finding targets i50. Can weight the ball as good as anyone in the comp.

Wiped it never to be thought of again.
I guess but you know when they first came out with “ potential “ I thought that it was a line in the sand now for clubs, some things like bumps are a definite no go and if it was consistent you’d be alright with it.

Obviously though if it was consistent there would be no players available round 3 of a season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess but you know when they first came out with “ potential “ I thought that it was a line in the sand now for clubs, some things like bumps are a definite no go and if it was consistent you’d be alright with it.

Obviously though if it was consistent there would be no players available round 3 of a season
It was always going to be a bullshit excuse to hit us with an outrageous ban.
It's never been mentioned again at any point.
Just typical of a corrupt and incompetent organisation that makes it up as they go along.

It's inflated because they beat all those teams and knocked them down the ladder.
10 of their 16 wins were against bottom 10 teams. And the losses to top teams during that period when they were all doing extra training. But, to be fair to them, they have won their last 6 on the trot... and perhaps have come good at the right time. I, however, am holding on to the hope that they'll be found out when the pressure is turned up.

Unlike Sydney and GWS?
I know what you mean, but if Port won their double ups against crap teams and lost to the good ones, they'd have finished bottom half of the 8 at best (which they've repeatedly done in the past).

As an example if they'd lost to Fremantle twice instead of winning, Freo would've finished above them, Freo would've finished 4th and Port 8th. Suddenly they're middle of the pack and their score is 65 and Freos is 67. But they didn't

They only doubled up on one of the bottom 4. Just beat everyone in the chasing pack and still won enough against the good teams.

If Fremantle won their draw they'd have made it too (and knocked Carlton out). I think that kind of illustrates why the draws are so great and should stay.

It's rather poetic that one of the draws was between Collingwood and Fremantle. Neither club did enough to win in regulation. If you play extra time, either Collingwood or Fremantle make it at the expense of a team who did manage to win 13 games in regulation (as much as we'd love to see Carlton miss).
I think a draw should count over percentage in the case of Collingwood and Carlton, Collingwood lost less games they had two draws and that should count more than percentage. In terms of clubs on equal points making finals

I think a draw should count over percentage in the case of Collingwood and Carlton, Collingwood lost less games they had two draws and that should count more than percentage. In terms of clubs on equal points making finals

I don't really understand what you're suggesting. Carlton won one more game than Collingwood. Winning simply has to count for more than anything else. You can't let Collingwood in for losing fewer games than Carlton when they also won fewer games.

If two teams are level on wins, then the team that lost fewer games does get an advantage (ie, Collingwood and Freo), they get an extra 2 points for the draw. Which effectively renders percentage irrelevant.

I don't really understand what you're suggesting. Carlton won one more game than Collingwood. Winning simply has to count for more than anything else. You can't let Collingwood in for losing fewer games than Carlton when they also won fewer games.

If two teams are level on wins, then the team that lost fewer games does get an advantage (ie, Collingwood and Freo), they get an extra 2 points for the draw. Which effectively renders percentage irrelevant.
The only exception to this I can think of is when the Geelong/Adelaide game was cancelled, in the aftermath of the Walsh murder (in 2015). These 2 teams played 1 less game than all of the other teams in the H&A season that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back