Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I.e. no one wants to pay 2 first round draft picks.

They said two first round picks for a seat at the table and have been sitting on there on their own for a few weeks.

The strength of the draft has meant clubs are reluctant to part with high picks this year unless its younger elite player. Also of the Victorian clubs a number don't even have a first round pick let alone two.

Port weren't devastated he was leaving, I think they really wanted the high draft picks.

Anything could change though so I wouldn't rule out a trade just yet.

It’d be nice to be a destination club and have such problems but how do you think Hawthorn are planning to fit Barrass, Battle, Sicily, Weddle and Scrimshaw in the same backline?! Apart from Weddle none of them seem like they’re going to play mid or forward so they really seem to be overloading on key defenders.
Geelong seem to have about 12 key defenders playing each game (all with long blonde hair) and they get away with it.

That's what we should of done after the GF loss. We hung onto too many players until they had no value.

If I'm Melbourne and there are takers I'd trade Petracca and anyone else as well.
Melbourne should be offloading the likes of Salem, Langdon and Lever now that their premiership window is firmly shut. Decent players who would still have some trade value but are only going to go downhill from here.

Yeah heard that , was a good interview, also asked him about the Rankine hit. Have u got the whole interview?
The bit i found interesting is that Rankine never responded to his apology text. Good on him

Blackfriars students expelled for setting a CBC jacket on fire after their intercol football game

Seems a bit over the top for a penalty?
Rostrevor kids year 10 and up got hauled in for a talking to by the head and deputy for celebrating the Schools soccer grand final A division win in front of the CBC fans.

Maybe no one likes CBC?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rostrevor kids year 10 and up got hauled in for a talking to by the head and deputy for celebrating the Schools soccer grand final A division win in front of the CBC fans.

Maybe no one likes CBC?
Not a team first action

Did anyone catch any of Melbourne President Kate Roffey's interview earlier in this week?

It was an absolute train wreck that even Chapman would be ashamed of. Truly horrendous and shows why that club is in the position it's in.

Page 13: Channel 7 to unleash new show built around Kane Cornes​

Star recruit and former Fireman Kane Cornes is set to shake up the footy TV landscape in 2025 with a new show — but it will leave some ‘banal’ Channel 7 stars on the outer.

Alice Coster and Scott Gullan

2 min read
August 30, 2024 - 1:56PM

Channel 7 is set to unleash a new show built around agenda-setter Kane Cornes as part of a major shake-up of its football programs.
The bombshell move of poaching Cornes from Channel 9 this week has raised the stakes in the TV football wars for 2025.

It’s likely Seven will use their new signing in a head-to-head battle on Monday nights against rival established football programs Footy Classified on Channel 9 (which Cornes was on) and Fox Footy’s On The Couch.

But the future of Seven’s current panel show, Talking Footy on Wednesday nights, is clouded.

The show has failed to grab viewers with the line-up of former champions Trent Cotchin and Joel Selwood, Tim Watson and James Brayshaw not gelling.

“They want attitude rather than the current banality,” is how one Seven insider described the planned changes.

Kane Cornes has been brought in to shake up Channel 7’s banal coverage, according to one insider.

Kane Cornes has been brought in to shake up Channel 7’s banal coverage, according to one insider.
Cornes is likely to be joined by former Hawthorn premiership captain Luke Hodge, who is the network’s main Friday night analyst on the new show which will raise the bar in hard-hitting opinions.

The signing of the Port Adelaide premiership player and 300-gamer was instigated by Seven’s new director of sport Chris Jones and was his first big statement in the role.

Jones replaced long-time boss Lewis Martin in June after he was let go during a mass axing that saw 150 jobs cut.

“Kane is an agenda setter who backs up his opinion with an unrivalled work ethic and passion for the game,” Jones said this week.

“Kane’s demonstrated history of sharing his hard-hitting opinions with footy fans, paired with his signature candid commentary will take Seven’s AFL coverage to a new level in 2025.”

Cornes admitted he had already rubbed several of the Channel 7 team up the wrong way and he’d have to try and smooth things over with the likes of Luke Darcy and Matthew Richardson.

“Richo hates me because I’m critical of Richmond, Darce and I have had it out … I don’t think he’s my biggest fan.

“I don’t think Trent (Cotchin) is a big fan either, but everyone else should be fine.”

It’s believed Cornes’ criticism of Cotchin’s social media appearance for Seven angered Martin who many believe wouldn’t have chased his signature if he’d remained in the job.

Cornes will team up with the station’s rising star, former Collingwood premiership wingman Dale Thomas, in the special comments chair on Thursday nights next season.

The Friday night line-up of Hodge alongside Brian Taylor, Richardson and Brayshaw is set to remain.

Cornes, who still lives in South Australia, will also appear on Seven’s coverage of Adelaide games plus across the network’s multiple platforms, delivering opinion and analysis throughout the week.

He will continue his radio gig with SEN where he appears on the breakfast show and co-hosts Sportday,

How is it Hawthorn are such an incredibly well run club, and yet the bloke we took from them is Silvers?

The Hawks have rebuilt quickly, drafted well and now nailing critical free agency and player trades.

That is the type club I want us to become and we have a long way to go before that happens.

Hawthorn will be adding more silverware to their collection before us.

Houston is staying at Port, he was never going anywhere.

Page 13: Channel 7 to unleash new show built around Kane Cornes​

Star recruit and former Fireman Kane Cornes is set to shake up the footy TV landscape in 2025 with a new show — but it will leave some ‘banal’ Channel 7 stars on the outer.

Alice Coster and Scott Gullan

2 min read
August 30, 2024 - 1:56PM

Channel 7 is set to unleash a new show built around agenda-setter Kane Cornes as part of a major shake-up of its football programs.
The bombshell move of poaching Cornes from Channel 9 this week has raised the stakes in the TV football wars for 2025.

It’s likely Seven will use their new signing in a head-to-head battle on Monday nights against rival established football programs Footy Classified on Channel 9 (which Cornes was on) and Fox Footy’s On The Couch.

But the future of Seven’s current panel show, Talking Footy on Wednesday nights, is clouded.

The show has failed to grab viewers with the line-up of former champions Trent Cotchin and Joel Selwood, Tim Watson and James Brayshaw not gelling.

“They want attitude rather than the current banality,” is how one Seven insider described the planned changes.

Cornes is likely to be joined by former Hawthorn premiership captain Luke Hodge, who is the network’s main Friday night analyst on the new show which will raise the bar in hard-hitting opinions.

The signing of the Port Adelaide premiership player and 300-gamer was instigated by Seven’s new director of sport Chris Jones and was his first big statement in the role.

Jones replaced long-time boss Lewis Martin in June after he was let go during a mass axing that saw 150 jobs cut.

“Kane is an agenda setter who backs up his opinion with an unrivalled work ethic and passion for the game,” Jones said this week.

“Kane’s demonstrated history of sharing his hard-hitting opinions with footy fans, paired with his signature candid commentary will take Seven’s AFL coverage to a new level in 2025.”

Cornes admitted he had already rubbed several of the Channel 7 team up the wrong way and he’d have to try and smooth things over with the likes of Luke Darcy and Matthew Richardson.

“Richo hates me because I’m critical of Richmond, Darce and I have had it out … I don’t think he’s my biggest fan.

“I don’t think Trent (Cotchin) is a big fan either, but everyone else should be fine.”

It’s believed Cornes’ criticism of Cotchin’s social media appearance for Seven angered Martin who many believe wouldn’t have chased his signature if he’d remained in the job.

Cornes will team up with the station’s rising star, former Collingwood premiership wingman Dale Thomas, in the special comments chair on Thursday nights next season.

The Friday night line-up of Hodge alongside Brian Taylor, Richardson and Brayshaw is set to remain.

Cornes, who still lives in South Australia, will also appear on Seven’s coverage of Adelaide games plus across the network’s multiple platforms, delivering opinion and analysis throughout the week.

He will continue his radio gig with SEN where he appears on the breakfast show and co-hosts Sportday,
Cotchin, Watson, Selwood and Brayshaw?

I'd almost rather watch The Project. Almost.

Fk me, does everything have to be jobs for the boys?

Did anyone catch any of Melbourne President Kate Roffey's interview earlier in this week?

It was an absolute train wreck that even Chapman would be ashamed of. Truly horrendous and shows why that club is in the position it's in.
Where was the interview?

Opening question “are you in crisis?”

“errm um, ah um”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back