Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We got 100+ games out of him from in a year where we had no picks thanks to the Trigg sanctions. Was the right decision to let him go (and get a compo pick) but he was a decent club servant for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My God, I really hope Uncle Chris (Fagan) never has to take the stand. Interview on 360 tonight was painful, actually had to switch off.

Never really hit the heights he could have, had that one AA season at Port and never really captured that form consistently.
I haven't heard a peep about Wingard for years. It's not often that you see a player having such a high peak for such a short time relative to the rest of their career.

I just looked it up. He kicked 43 goals in both 2013 and 2014, 53 in 2015, 38 in 2016, and never cracked 30 goals again for the following 7 seasons.

It's terrible to see a player hampered by injuries year after year. I wish him all the best for his post-footy life.

I haven't heard a peep about Wingard for years. It's not often that you see a player having such a high peak for such a short time relative to the rest of their career.

I just looked it up. He kicked 43 goals in both 2013 and 2014, 53 in 2015, 38 in 2016, and never cracked 30 goals again for the following 7 seasons.

It's terrible to see a player hampered by injuries year after year. I wish him all the best for his post-footy life.

Yeah - at his best he was great to watch (even though I hated it). His drop off was remarkable.

They can call it "vegetable based protein" - but it's not meat. It's not meat unless it comes from an animal.
That’s not true. Back in Old English, meat referred to “food in general.” From an ancient Germanic root, meat wasn't about animal vs. vegetable but solid food vs. drink. 😜

Never got the 'bull' nickname. Doesn't play like it. Average player. Good on him for getting the most out of it I guess
I remember someone (player or coach on radio) telling the story about his very first training session with us and him smashing in so hard coaches had to tell him to tone it down as could cause serious injury at training

Good summation. Naturally elite talent but apparently one of the more introverted or non-team oriented players off field I have ever heard about. From refusing to share rooms when travelling to sitting by himself and gaming whilst the rest of the team caught up for social activities etc when on the road

Another one Power did well to hide away getting him to tell GWS he wouldnt hang around if they picked him - so they didnt - with their initial generous draft concessions (despite him being a top 5 talent). Added to JHF situation and the initial 4 players (from memory Lade and Peter Burgoyne were 2 of the 4) Port Power encouraged to not register for the AFL draft before they came in. Its the Port Power sneaky way - perhaps we should be doing more of it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back