Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any talk of getting rid of the stupid sub rule next year?
Hopefully... will be better for us as one less tactical thing for Nicks to worry about.

It's easy to watch Hawthorn and be very jealous of everything they are doing, and I'm not saying there aren't lessons to learn from them, but if it's not who we are then it's not who we are and that is fine there are other ways to success.

I worry about getting caught up trying to copy others. How many teams had huge success trying to copy what Geelong were doing after 2007? Hawthorn went their own way and Richmond after that didn't then just copy Hawthorn but again developed their own identity. I still feel drafting McHenry was in part a response to Richmond beating us in 2017 with small pressure forwards like Castagna, if you're doing stuff like that you are always going to be one step behind.

What I do like about Hawthorn though is that it feels like who they are is being driven by the next generation coming through taking over the culture of the side. Hearing Camporeale talking about how the senior players he knows wouldn't like the crowd riling up stuff and then the reaction to Rachele who clearly does like that stuff certainly makes it seem like our seniors are still the ones setting the tone, the ones with the power to decide who we are as a club. Maybe that's just coming with time, maybe it's easier for senior players who have achieved everything in the game to feel secure about allowing that shift.

We do feel like a very insular club and I think we would have really benefitted from a Luke Hodge at Brisbane type situation. Shannon Hurn and Bachar Houli are two I would have really targetted.

KFC rushes to axe footy ad that has left AFL fans divided - with some calling it RACIST because it features Port Adelaide star Aliir Aliir

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shocked philip j fry GIF

If only he was American haha.
Indeed! He could perhaps move there and get a gig with...

Soon after Roscoe’s was opened, Mr. Hudson’s friends in Motown and television, such as Stevie Wonder and Natalie Cole, would spread the word to other celebrities including Redd Foxx who would go on to tell their audiences about Roscoe’s incredible soul food menu offerings. Other celebrities, like Snoop Dogg, Shaquille O’Neil, and even global leaders including President Obama have enjoyed Roscoe’s House of Chicken and Waffles making it a timeless...

PS Been there, got the T-shirt. We were the only white people in the place. Much racist.

Anyone notice that there has been zero reports on the news dealing with Hinkleys behaviour at the conclusion of the match last night?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let's be honest it was poor from Hinkley but we only last week saw GWS manager Jason McCartney give Papley a shirt front, which in every conceivable logic is worse than anything coke can Hinkley did

Anyone notice that there has been zero reports on the news dealing with Hinkleys behaviour at the conclusion of the match last night?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You must have not checked out the ABC, the Australian, the age or advertiser. Every online news site I've visited has at least one story on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back