Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Go the pinkies! Surely nobody wants to see that cheating franchise Storm win another crown (legitimate this time or not)
Just like I’d prefer an interstate team to win the AFL, I feel the same in the NRL. Mind you, I’d rather eat glass than watch it.

Over on the Port board they think that Houston is a top 10 player in the AFL. Don't get me wrong, he is a good player, but top 10 is hilarious. Who do we think is better than Houston?

I'll start:
Bontempelli
Cant Handle It Cm Punk GIF by WWE

Over on the Port board they think that Houston is a top 10 player in the AFL. Don't get me wrong, he is a good player, but top 10 is hilarious. Who do we think is better than Houston?

I'll start:
Bontempelli

Some of their football opinions are so dumb that you can't help but laugh.

It's generally accepted that Butters, JHF and Rozee are better than Houston therefore if Houston is a Top 10 player, then they must all be in there.

So according to that logic that means that Port have four of the top 10 players in the league 🤣🤣🤣

Peak #portlogic

Some of their football opinions are so dumb that you can't help but laugh.

It's generally accepted that Butters, JHF and Rozee are better than Houston therefore if Houston is a Top 10 player, then they must all be in there.

So according to that logic that means that Port have four of the top 10 players in the league 🤣🤣🤣

Peak #Portlogi#portlogic
It's funny stuff... like Houston is worth 2x 1st round picks because he is a top 10 player in the AFL.

I'll start:
Bontempelli

I just don’t get the Houston hype.
Very good player yes, but the role he plays is one of the easier positions in the AFL. Hinkley allows him to play that loose, uncontested role.
His stats in 2024 were only slightly better than Mitch Hinge’s…..and Mitch had him covered for contested possessions, ground ball gets, intercepts. Yes, Houston’s kicking efficiency is slightly ahead of Hinge’s (82% v 77%) but its not significant.
He’s certainly not worth any more than a mid first round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don’t get the Houston hype.
Very good player yes, but the role he plays is one of the easier positions in the AFL. Hinkley allows him to play that loose, uncontested role.
His stats in 2024 were only slightly better than Mitch Hinge’s…..and Mitch had him covered for contested possessions, ground ball gets, intercepts. Yes, Houston’s kicking efficiency is slightly ahead of Hinge’s (82% v 77%) but its not significant.
He’s certainly not worth any more than a mid first round pick.

AA is an over rated addition to a players resume if that player is a defender. So I can see why they are hyped but Ive seen a lot of Houston and yes he is a good player but i wouldnt put him in the top 5 players at Port let alone the top 10 in the competition.

He is a top 10 defender though. I would be seriously surprised if a club pays Port a first rounder for him based on the quality of this years draft. I do think Port will have to settle from a f1 from a side that will likely turn it into a mid teens pick next year. That would be a massive deal for Port and I would say they win that more than the side that gave it.

Players better than Houston: I've named players that I believe are indisputably better right now (I apologise if I've missed anyone)

53 players better than Houston:

Bontempelli
N Daicos
J Daicos
De Goey
Bolton
Waterman
Jeremy McGovern
Dawson
Rankine
Dunkley
Neale
Andrews
Toby Green
Tom Green
Sam Taylor
Callaghan
Josh Kelly
Warner
Heeney
Gulden
Blakey
Sicily
Will day
Butters
JHF
Rozee
Ugle-Hagan
Naughton
Bailey Smith
Jeremy Cameron
Holmes
Stewart
Merrett
Cripps
Walsh
Curnow
Serong
Brayshaw
Wanganeen-Milera
Rowan Marshall
Wilkie
Sheezel
Davies-Uniacke
Flanders
Anderson
Rowell
Miller
Ben King
Mac Andrew
Petracca
Viney
Gawn

Players better than Houston: I've named players that I believe are indisputably better right now (I apologise if I've missed anyone)

53 players better than Houston:

Bontempelli
N Daicos
J Daicos
De Goey
Bolton
Waterman
Jeremy McGovern
Dawson
Rankine
Dunkley
Neale
Andrews
Toby Green
Tom Green
Sam Taylor
Callaghan
Josh Kelly
Warner
Heeney
Gulden
Blakey
Sicily
Will day
Butters
JHF
Rozee
Ugle-Hagan
Naughton
Bailey Smith
Jeremy Cameron
Holmes
Stewart
Merrett
Cripps
Walsh
Curnow
Serong
Brayshaw
Wanganeen-Milera
Rowan Marshall
Wilkie
Sheezel
Davies-Uniacke
Flanders
Anderson
Rowell
Miller
Ben King
Mac Andrew
Petracca
Viney
Gawn

You forgot Alex Neil Bullen. A few on here have him rated top 10.

Seriously though, Houstons value is his long bomb goal kicking. Thats the only reason he is rated as highly as he is.

You forgot Alex Neil Bullen. A few on here have him rated top 10.

Seriously though, Houstons value is his long bomb goal kicking. Thats the only reason he is rated as highly as he is.
Port players that kicked more goals than Houston this year:
Geogiadis
Rioli
Byrne-Jones
Horne-Francis
Dixon
Marshall
Rozee
Butters
Finlayson
Evans

And then tied with a mere 7 goals.....
McEntee
Wines
Houston

From crows
Burgess kicked 7
Jones kicked 6

Port players that kicked more goals than Houston this year:
Geogiadis
Rioli
Byrne-Jones
Horne-Francis
Dixon
Marshall
Rozee
Butters
Finlayson
Evans

And then tied with a mere 7 goals.....
McEntee
Wines
Houston

From crows
Burgess kicked 7
Jones kicked 6

I get it. As I said i dont personally think he is a first rounder. Especially in this draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back